Kendall Moore to transfer to Texas | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Kendall Moore to transfer to Texas

I think the caveat is the size of those guys. Hikuitin is 248, Hodges 245 and Njoku 245. They're not big traditional TE's.

Leggett is 260 and a kid that big who can run is the unicorn. (He was only 220 in HS). Much like Gronkowski.

We can recruit guys and make them 245lb TE's for sure.
juicing and all do it

You do on a short field. Cannot spread them out inside the 10, at least not as effectively. The angles associated with the passing game get shrunk and the defense trends closer to the line of scrimmage.

Why do you the no most pass-happy attacks struggle as they get closer to the goal line?

I get ya, but a FB is effective at the goal line. We needed some kind of jumbo package in deep.

Cool, anything you can share? Is the young talent as promising as we have been led to believe? I know the trend is taller, leaner, yet strong and agile olineman in this system.
Really can't say anything other than the red shirt guys needed that year to put on a bit of weight and get stronger. That's not really earth-shattering, but it's the best I can do. Anything else is off-limits.

I get ya, but a FB is effective at the goal line. We needed some kind of jumbo package in deep.
But a FB is not a two-way threat. A TE can be fruitful via rush or pass.

Bottom line, we have two TEs next year. We will use them. The TE is not extinct at SU. And it has a place in modern football.

Bottom line, we have two TEs next year. We will use them. The TE is not extinct at SU. And it has a place in modern football.

Ok, hope you are right, but we broke a million records this year without one. I dont lose sleep over TE recruiting.

Well, if HCDB is recruiting them, that means he wants them. That should make you care.

I get it, every fb team recruits them, but the extent to which we use them is another story. They weren't used at Baylor and limited targets at BG. so, we will see. I like the TE concept, hope i am wrong.

A FB isn't meant to be a two-way threat. It's meant to be a brutal "beat the living sht outta you for a guaranteed 2-3 yards" threat. Not needed often, but REALLY nice to have when the need is there.

I'm very happy with our new stud JUCO TE.

I'm very happy we can go 4-wide with no running game and break O records.

I'm very happy with our new stud JUCO TE.

I'm very happy we can go 4-wide with no running game and break O records.

A TE is a much needed weapon to be used based upon what the defense gives us. Helps us especially in the red zone either for a blocking or receiving threat the DBs/LBs have to account for. Don't need a burner in this position just a strong & reliable threat.

This is starting look like the end of marrone era where we lost a graduating class and then ran out 20+ guys (basically another graduating class, for mostly right reasons).

The problem as I co worker and I plotted out is that it takes multiple years to make that up via recruiting because of the yearly limits on how many you can bring in. We thought it would be 5 years until we got the depth we need. I think it was 4-ish years give or take but then a coaching change screwed that up.

The moral of the story is if we are going to run out players, we need coaching stability and a plan to bring in JUCO or grad transfers. I'm hoping we have both. time will tell.

We're going to be between 80-85 going into next fall, this isn't really a concern.

A TE is a much needed weapon to be used based upon what the defense gives us. Helps us especially in the red zone either for a blocking or receiving threat the DBs/LBs have to account for. Don't need a burner in this position just a strong & reliable threat.

I agree 100%. I'm just happy the offense isn't dependent on having a great TE to be successful.

Babers has never had a guy like our new TE. If the RB position can get figured out, I expect less "paint drying" and more "new fast"...

A FB isn't meant to be a two-way threat. It's meant to be a brutal "beat the living sht outta you for a guaranteed 2-3 yards" threat. Not needed often, but REALLY nice to have when the need is there.
why can't that just be a backup lineman

why can't that just be a backup lineman
Pretty sure that none of our backup linemen runs faster than a 5.3 second 40. Or are quick out of the gate.

Pretty sure that none of our backup linemen runs faster than a 5.3 second 40. Or are quick out of the gate.
i read your post too fast - i thought you were talking about TE not FB. my fault.

i might suggest a backup LB but i don't know if your LB are big enough for the job ha

IMG_0834.GIF

I never thought he was used or developed correctly. He could've been a true TE, effective in the run game as well as a decent receiving threat.

Best of luck, I hope he gets some burn for Texas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom