Kentucky's path to the title | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky's path to the title

SWC75

Bored Historian
..could be very interesting.

West Virginia will try to beat them with defensive pressure. They lead the nation in causing turnovers.

Notre Dame would try to beat them by bombing from outside so they don't have to deal with their size, (that would also produce more long rebounds.

Kentucky ended Wichita State';s run at 35-0 last year. You think the Shockers might want to shock a 37-0 Kentucky team? Yeah, I think so.

Wisconsin has one of the country's best big men. Beyond that, the Badgers lead the country in offensive efficiency, (Notre Dame is #2), and fewest turnovers, both per game and per possession. To beat Kentucky, you've got to take advantage of every opportunity to score and not give the Wildcats easy baskets.

Arizona is the one team who may have almost as many future NBA players as the Wildcats and the one team that might match their depth.

In the Finals they might find Jahlil Okafor and his Duke playmates waiting.

The Wildcats might not have been tested by the SEC but if they go 40-0 they will have earned it.

Last edited:
They may not have been tested in the SEC but they beat Kansas by 32, UNC by 14, Louisville by 8 at LVille, then #6 Texas by 12, and a top 20 ranked Arkansas twice, both times by double digits.

I'm not saying they've had a brutal schedule but they haven't had too many issues with anybody this year.

They may not have been tested in the SEC but they beat Kansas by 32, UNC by 14, Louisville by 8 at LVille, then #6 Texas by 12, and a top 20 ranked Arkansas twice, both times by double digits.

I'm not saying they've had a brutal schedule but they haven't had too many issues with anybody this year.
Which of those teams you listed would be a threat for the Final Four, let alone the NC?

Which of those teams you listed would be a threat for the Final Four, let alone the NC?

Well, Villanova was ranked number 2 and lost to Seton Hall, GTown, and NC State. Wisconsin lost to Rutgers and Maryland. Duke lost to Miami and NC State. Arizona lost to UNLV, Arizona St, and Oregon St. The point is they haven't lost no matter the test they've been put up against, they didn't play a Wichita State or Villanova schedule, they didn't play a Duke schedule but they still beat good teams pretty handily.

Lol. As I complain about some bs officiating in the UNC game, I flip over to an AWFUL flop charge against WVU and the ref following the WVU player barking in his ear. Refs are awesome.

The refs won't let Kentucky lose this game. It's about tv money and ratings
Announcers basically said it seems like the refs have been reading the papers and won't let this get out of hand...well, as Cinci showed us for 30 min, that might be the best way to beat UK.

Calipari shill.

Calipari shill.

I'm rooting for WV because I actually like Huggins. I don't particularly care for Calipari but I'm going to stick up for anybody I feel is treated unfairly.

Well Kentucky certainly passed the first test, (of the ones I listed: I'm not saying they didn't have tests earlier in the season. West Virginia just couldn't score against them and I agree with the announcers that they just didn't play their type of game on defense. They seemed totally intimidated on both ends of the court.

Next up: Notre Dame's perimeter game.

..could be very interesting.

West Virginia will try to beat them with defensive pressure. They lead the nation in causing turnovers.

Notre Dame would try to beat them by bombing from outside so they don't have to deal with their size, (that would also produce more long rebounds.

Kentucky ended Wichita State';s run at 35-0 last year. You think the Shockers might want to shock a 37-0 Kentucky team? Yeah, I think so.

Wisconsin has one of the country's best big men. Beyond that, the Badgers lead the country in offensive efficiency, (Notre Dame is #2), and fewest turnovers, both per game and per possession. To beat Kentucky, you've got to take advantage of every opportunity to score and not give the Wildcats easy baskets.

Arizona is the one team who may have almost as many future NBA players as the Wildcats and the one team that might match their depth.

In the Finals they might find Jahlil Okafor and his Duke playmates waiting.

The Wildcats might not have been tested by the SEC but if they go 40-0 they will have earned it.

UK may be unstoppable but I think with ND's 3-point shooting they have the best chance. It will be like Villanova beating Georgetown years ago.

Well Arizona won. Neither they nor Wisconsin looked like the type of dominant team that would be able to beat Kentucky.

My sheet went 4-0 tonight and I'm 38-14 for the tournament but it's been mostly a chalk tourney so I guess most people are doing pretty well.

Notre Dame will take them out.

I still remember when they went 3 for 22 against us. Ifg they shoot like that it could be as bad as the West Virngia game. The irish beat Duke twice when they were "on". But when they were "off" they lost to them by 30.

And with those big guys in the middle the 'Cats can afford to extend their perimeter without paying for it.

Here's a thought: mid-range jump shots! :eek::confused:

I still remember when they went 3 for 22 against us. Ifg they shoot like that it could be as bad as the West Virngia game. The irish beat Duke twice when they were "on". But when they were "off" they lost to them by 30.

And with those big guys in the middle the 'Cats can afford to extend their perimeter without paying for it.

Here's a thought: mid-range jump shots! :eek::confused:

Kentucky is a different animal, but Notre Dame has beat the following teams this year:

Michigan State
NC State
Wichita State
Louisville
North Carolina 2 times
Duke 2 times

There is no other team in the country that have wins as good as that. They have 8 wins against sweet 16 teams!

Kentucky has beat UNC and Louisville. I don't think Notre Dame is going to be out of their element.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom