kevin love deal (no waiters) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

kevin love deal (no waiters)

I may actually catch some NBA this year. I'll be interested to see how this team looks.

I'd love to see Lebron try to average a triple-double for a season. Assists would be a challenge, but he's got the ability to make a run at it.

I'd love to see Lebron try to average a triple-double for a season. Assists would be a challenge, but he's got the ability to make a run at it.
I don't know. Lot of firepower on that squad. If he wants to distribute he probably could average better than 10 a game.

I think at this point, him playing enough minutes to try and get a triple double would probably be counter-productive.

Well, if you read JB's remarks, Dion apparently indicated the trades may not be done yet.

They do, but Love and Bron are willing passers as superstars.

I've been hard on Kyrie, but he may also be open to passing more now that he has more trustworthy teammates.

Should be interesting.
I have no clue how Kyrie and Dion fit on that team. Those two couldnt co-exist with just each other.

Melo is probably looking at Lebron and his stint in Miami, now Cleveland thinking "must be nice..."

Well, if you read JB's remarks, Dion apparently indicated the trades may not be done yet.
They've still got picks, Haywood's weirdo contract, and Waiters and Thompson, so, yeah, if they want to tinker they can probably tinker.

werent those comments from yesterday?

They've still got picks, Haywood's weirdo contract, and Waiters and Thompson, so, yeah, if they want to tinker they can probably tinker.

Yeah, and that Haywood contract might be real good for matching purposes. Guess we'll see what names pop up between now and February.

just randomly thinking, if Indy bombs, maybe they make Hibbert available? Even when he sucked he could protect the rim.

So it would be a starting lineup of:
PG Irving
SG Waiters
SF Lebron
PF Thompson
C Varejao

Honestly I think the best part of Dion playing with Lebron will be that Lebron is here to win he will not allow any infighting between Kyrie and Dion. He will get the best out of both of them, and they will both be better players for it.
That's good ... because Irving looked pretty foolish wearing that face shield last season.

I have no clue how Kyrie and Dion fit on that team. Those two couldnt co-exist with just each other.

Melo is probably looking at Lebron and his stint in Miami, now Cleveland thinking "must be nice..."

I'm sure Kyrie and Dion will "find" a way to fit aka Bron says to deal with it. He chose to have Dion stay, Dion is staying.

I'm sure Kyrie and Dion will "find" a way to fit aka Bron says to deal with it. He chose to have Dion stay, Dion is staying.

as evidenced by the letter he wrote. Amazing how the only 2 people he left off of the letter were bennett and wiggins.

as evidenced by the letter he wrote. Amazing how the only 2 people he left off of the letter were bennett and wiggins.

Windhorst has openly reported that Bron is functioning as co-owner with these moves. There is no hiding it.

Windhorst has openly reported that Bron is functioning as co-owner with these moves. There is no hiding it.

It's probably never a good idea to have a player operating in that role, but Lebron strikes me as one of the better basketball minds out there. I think Windhorst had an article a few weeks back about how he basically remembers every play from every game he's played.

It's probably never a good idea to have a player operating in that role, but Lebron strikes me as one of the better basketball minds out there. I think Windhorst had an article a few weeks back about how he basically remembers every play from every game he's played.
He may be a great basketball mind, but that's not necessarily the same as having a good head for personnel.

He may be a great basketball mind, but that's not necessarily the same as having a good head for personnel.

Yeah agreed, it's not the same thing. I get the sense Lebron is a true basketball junkie, but th at doesn't mean he knows the salary cap, or knows how to balance the potential upside of someone vs what someone else can provide now.

That being said, Lebron having a key role in personnel moves is probably something the Cavs had to accept in order to get him, so you take the (potential) bad with the awesome.

Yeah agreed, it's not the same thing. I get the sense Lebron is a true basketball junkie, but th at doesn't mean he knows the salary cap, or knows how to balance the potential upside of someone vs what someone else can provide now.

That being said, Lebron having a key role in personnel moves is probably something the Cavs had to accept in order to get him, so you take the (potential) bad with the awesome.

Yeah, I'm guessing Bron coming to CLE included a "If Kevin Love is available, you need to get Kevin Love" agreement.

And as much as I disagree with the choice, Bron can point to the last four years and say, "look, we just went 2 for 4 in the Finals. We need to win now."

I think this trade is gonna be fascinating to see play out in the next few years. I'm still on the side that said its a no brainer. I get where the other side is coming from though

I think this trade is gonna be fascinating to see play out in the next few years. I'm still on the side that said its a no brainer. I get where the other side is coming from though

Yeah, I get why it's done and I get your POV, besides my real feeling that it's a bad trade, I would have loved to see Bron mentoring a team of young guys that were willing to fly around the court and basically be Bron's laboratory experiment.

Wouldn't be shocked if they packaged Thompson and Dion for a stud SG.

Wouldn't be shocked if they packaged Thompson and Dion for a stud SG.
I sense LeBron likes Dion. Maybe it's the way Dion cocks his arm a la LBJ on the fast-break slam! I hope he stays in Cleveland, this is a potentially great situation for Dion.

Fireball Jr. said:
I sense LeBron likes Dion. Maybe it's the way Dion cocks his arm a la LBJ on the fast-break slam! I hope he stays in Cleveland, this is a potentially great situation for Dion.

I can't think of one better situation for Dion in the NBA. I soooooooooooo want to be a Cavs fan right now as Lebron is my favorite player and Dion was one of my all time favorite Cuse guys but I can't help wanting MCW turn the Philly franchise around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom