kevin love deal (no waiters) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

kevin love deal (no waiters)

I'd say, based on the love LeBron showed for Dion at LBJ's welcome-home party in Akron tonight. that No. 3's not going anywhere. LeBron clearly is a Dion fan. The planets may be lining up for the young man. " I love the chip on Dion (Waiters') shoulder, what everyone else looks at as a negative I look at as a positive and I look forward to getting with him." http://tinyurl.com/kna8fl9

Last edited:
I can't think of one better situation for Dion in the NBA. I soooooooooooo want to be a Cavs fan right now as Lebron is my favorite player and Dion was one of my all time favorite Cuse guys but I can't help wanting MCW turn the Philly franchise around.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think he'll get a better contract playing as sixth man on a title contender than he would as a gunner on some awful franchise like Minnesota.

That's what I get for post first thing when I wake up :oops::bang: Lets try this again
PG Irving
SG Waiters
SF Lebron
PF Love
C Varejao

I stand by my last statement though
Now put Shawn Marion in there.
You ought to pencil in a bench with Thompson now and the Miami trio Jones, Allen, and Miller, who have signed on. or going to.

Now put Shawn Marion in there.
You ought to pencil in a bench with Thompson now and the Miami trio Jones, Allen, and Miller, who have signed on. or going to.
I think the Marion signing may be enough to put them over the top if they weren't already there. He will give them a scorer in the second unit if Dion is a starting. The more they build this roster the more I like this team, besides Kyrie they are all players I'm a fan of and it should be interesting to see how the season goes.

I think the Marion signing may be enough to put them over the top if they weren't already there. He will give them a scorer in the second unit if Dion is a starting. The more they build this roster the more I like this team, besides Kyrie they are all players I'm a fan of and it should be interesting to see how the season goes.
Yeah, I didn't like the Love trade because I didn't think they'd be able to get another decent perimeter defender on the cheap.

Now that they have, yeah, that team looks legit, although I do wonder how well Miller and Allen will hold up. Miller looked done a few years ago, and who knows what Allen has left.

Yeah, I didn't like the Love trade because I didn't think they'd be able to get another decent perimeter defender on the cheap.

Now that they have, yeah, that team looks legit, although I do wonder how well Miller and Allen will hold up. Miller looked done a few years ago, and who knows what Allen has left.
If for nothing else Miller and Allen give you a perimeter threat that you have to respect and it should open the lane for players like Kyrie, Dion, and Lebron to attack off the dribble.

If for nothing else Miller and Allen give you a perimeter threat that you have to respect and it should open the lane for players like Kyrie, Dion, and Lebron to attack off the dribble.
Not if they're injured.

Thats the risk you take signing players in their late 30s.
Yeah, which surprised me a bit that Lebron was so gungho about getting the ol' classic rock band get together.

Was my joke about them being old too subtle there?

Obviously you never know with old guys, but Allen can probably give them 25 minutes or so a night and knock down open 3's .
I still can;t believe Mike Miller is playing though; he seemed to be on his last legs in the 2012 finals. Size and shooting always travels though

Obviously you never know with old guys, but Allen can probably give them 25 minutes or so a night and knock down open 3's .
I still can;t believe Mike Miller is playing though; he seemed to be on his last legs in the 2012 finals. Size and shooting always travels though
Yeah, Miller was considering retirement a few seasons ago, and Denver supposedly was offering three years. I don't get it.

Yeah, Miller was considering retirement a few seasons ago, and Denver supposedly was offering three years. I don't get it.

Brian Windhorst had a note saying Cleveland was considering putting an amnesty claim on Miller (I guess it would have had to have been last year?) and he was going to retire rather than go there. The power of Lebron.

I hear Miller went to Akron and had Ernest Angley scare the devil out of his bad back. Yeah, he looked near death with the Heat two years ago, but he had a good year in Memphis last season. Go figure.

Smart move by the league scheduling the Knicks at Cleveland for LeBron's homecoming on the Cavs' opening night; the Knicks open the night before at home against the Bulls. Heart be still.

I have a good feeling about the Cavs coach, David Blatt. A friend who works in the Euroleague tells me he thinks Blatt may be the perfect person for the job, that he has a great basketball mind and the right people skills. We shall see. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/8/17/6026943/cleveland-cavaliers-depth-lebron-james-shawn-marion

I wonder if the Cavs would have hired Blatt if they knew they wer egetting Lebron. I don't have anything against Blatt, he by all accounts seems like a really good basketball mind, but I feel like taking a guy from a European league seems like something you do when you don't have much to lose and want to take a gamble, as opposed to something you do when you have the best player in the world on your team.

I wonder if the Cavs would have hired Blatt if they knew they wer egetting Lebron. I don't have anything against Blatt, he by all accounts seems like a really good basketball mind, but I feel like taking a guy from a European league seems like something you do when you don't have much to lose and want to take a gamble, as opposed to something you do when you have the best player in the world on your team.

I think Blatt is just as good a choice as hiring some retread, or a guy who's still a few months removed from wearing a jersey. Or Quin Snyder.

I think Blatt is just as good a choice as hiring some retread, or a guy who's still a few months removed from wearing a jersey. Or Quin Snyder.

I don't have any problem with that; I think you're probably right. I'm all for going for a new guy instead of a guy who has failed before. But that's also easy for me to say from my keyboard; I just wonder if Cleveland would have done it any differently.

I don't really like Snyder, but I think he's exactly the kind of coach that can help the Jazz and expect him to really help their young players improve.

Knicks411 said:
I don't have any problem with that; I think you're probably right. I'm all for going for a new guy instead of a guy who has failed before. But that's also easy for me to say from my keyboard; I just wonder if Cleveland would have done it any differently.

It's a good question. But from what Windhorst has said, the coach isn't that big for Bron (within reason, I don't think he's going to a team running the triangle).

I think having say over personnel is much more important.

I don't really like Snyder, but I think he's exactly the kind of coach that can help the Jazz and expect him to really help their young players improve.

Yeah I just kind of threw him in there.

Looks like Love is going to the Cavs without Dion going anywhere.
Dion now needs......
1. ... to practice his "Yes sir's" and "What do you want me to do now coach?"
2. ... to polish his D. In that lineup they will need it. We know you can play D when you want to Dion, we have seen it.

99% of NBA players have not had a setup as good for a career as Dion has now, its all up to him.

Looks like Love is going to the Cavs without Dion going anywhere.
Dion now needs...
1. ... to practice his "Yes sir's" and "What do you want me to do now coach?"
2. ... to polish his D. In that lineup they will need it. We know you can play D when you want to Dion, we have seen it.

99% of NBA players have not had a setup as good for a career as Dion has, now its all up to him.

LeBron's a fan of Dion, loves his swagger and his game, I have to believe, as young as Dion is, he's wise enough to realize the planets are lining up for him and it behooves him to stay on LBJ's good side. There'll be no shenanigans, no egomaniacal b.s. , this is Dion's hugeUHHH career break, I gotta believe he gets it. I have a good feeling. I think he'll flourish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom