Kevin Love thinks Dion Waiters is under-rated | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Love thinks Dion Waiters is under-rated

The article consists of Dion's quotes about how highly Love thinks of Dion. Dion, it would have more punch if you told the author to ask Love directly about your game. I don't know why but it made me laugh - Dion being Dion.

The article consists of Dion's quotes about how highly Love thinks of Dion. Dion, it would have more punch if you told the author to ask Love directly about your game. I don't know why but it made me laugh - Dion being Dion.

We'll just take Dion's word for it. He wouldn't tell a fib!

Hope K-Love doesn't come out and say Dion misquoted him. Dion makes Devendorf look like Don Knotts.

dion is quite the self-promoter, although i truly feel he has the capability to back it up.
No doubt. And he now has the "big brother" in LeBron and some other "old heads" (Shawn Marion., James Jones, e.g., supposedly good locker room/team chemistry guys) who appreciate his swagger and game and will, I'd expect, help fine-tune Dion as a player and adult. If he shows the world what he can do on the court, he won't have to tell the world how great he is, LeBron or K-Love or Sideshow Bob or David Blatt will do it for him. At some point, you have to wonder who Dion's trying to convince that he's a stone-cold killa, the basketball universe or himself?

Dion's the man!

What do some of the greatest athletes of all time have in common? Astronomical confidence and, often times, having no issue letting people know how good they are.

Obviously I'm not saying he'll be the greatest, but it's not bad to share personality traits with guys like Ali and Jordan.

Dion will be fine as soon as his brain and maturity catch up with his basketball skills.

I can see Dion being a Lance Stephenson type who bursts onto the scene as a 3rd/4th option of a really good team but minus the crazy.
The Vinnie Johnson of Detroit, the Bobby Jones of Philly, that type...

The Vinnie Johnson of Detroit, the Bobby Jones of Philly, that type...
Exactly, the state-of-the-art updated Microwave.

Dion's gone overnight from possible trade bait and a frustrating career with a chronic lottery team to the current fave, fwiw, to win it all next season. Vegas Insiders has the Cavs as 9-2 favorite, followed by San Antonio (5-1), OKC (6-1) and the Bulls (15-2).

Overnight, Dion's in what appears to be a perfect situation, two new stud teammates and an offense where he potentially could flourish, he's smack dab in the middle of the conversation about may be the hot, new, exciting team in the NBA, his stock's rising (http://tinyurl.com/ompryzl). As a LeBron/Cavs/Cuse/Dion fan, I hope he seizes this golden opportunity and gives thanks daily, if not hourly, to the fact that LeBron has his back, is a huge Dion fan, likes his swagger, his game, his potential. LeBron wants Dion on his side. That is good.

Last edited:
dion is quite the self-promoter, although i truly feel he has the capability to back it up.

And why not...you only really get one crack at things. If you aren't willing to tell people how good you are, they may never take the time to find out. It doesn't pay to be a shrinking violet in today's world. The worst that happens is that he doesn't live up to his own hype and some fans think less of him for a moment until they forget him.....not a big deal.

And why not...you only really get one crack at things. If you aren't willing to tell people how good you are, they may never take the time to find out. It doesn't pay to be a shrinking violet in today's world. The worst that happens is that he doesn't live up to his own hype and some fans think less of him for a moment until they forget him...not a big deal.
If he plays well enough his game will speak for itself. .. It's fine if he has confidence, I just don't think hyping himself up will have any effect on his success

I love the only comment at the end of the article:

ThePiecedag 5ptsFeatured6 days ago
One thing I can tell you about Dion is... I love him as a Cav. He is highly entertaining and physical out there. He doesn't take any BS from anyone. Someone messes with his teammate and he is the first to jump in. He has that attitude like he is about to say %$# It I'm going to prison.

Dion reminds me of the guy in the movie Above the Rim, who says before the big street ball tournament begins, "Bombers, Bombers, Bombers, Championship...long as y'all give me the rock!"