Kevin Ollie to OKC? Topic on PTI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Ollie to OKC? Topic on PTI

The original JC himself, Jesus Christ cannot prevent the impending collapse, and Jim Calhoun knows that. No way he agrees to take on a martyrs job.

Agree to disagree, I will say the odds are against it due to his age and health - but I think the man would die for that team

some day they may get a acc invite-some day- doubt the big would want them being all hoops no football -and jersy state would use all its might to keep them out of the big- and we all know how powerful they are

As for Geno, I'd like to see it as well. I would also like him to fall flat on his face because he is such an arrogant a$$. Huh... he seems to fit in nicely at Yukon.

Last edited:
ucon gonna rock tha colonial league now with that cornell transfer

Don't be knocking the CAA, my undergrad school resides there...

If Ollie were to leave for Okie State, that would be all you need to know about how much they have slipped in relevance. As for Geno, I'd like to see it as well. I would also like him to fall flat on his face because he is such an arrogant a$$. Huh... he seems to fit in nicely at Yukon.

Yes, if Ollie ever leaves for Okie State that would be a bad sign...this however is about him leaving for the OKC Thunder.

I doubt Calhoun would come back or that Geno would switch over. The list of candidates would probably include the same ones all lists do these days: Archie Miller, both Hurleys, maybe Ben Jacobson. If UConn is insistent on keeping it in the family maybe Tom Moore is interviewed.

My bad, Caw man, I read this too quickly before a meeting at work today. That makes much more sense... uhhh... maybe not. Why the hell would an NBA team want a Yukon coach that did something that was only set up on a tee for him to hit? I give him credit (really more the players in reality) for winning their last championship... that was incredible, truly. However, replay that season a hundred times and that would not have happened. Was that really coaching? You and your Yukon fans might think so, but not most sensible basketball fans. I don't see what great coaching ollie has done or will do. I guess time will only prove my point - enjoy watching.

As for Geno, of course that he won't switch over because he is too arrogant and wouldn't want to take a chance on doing something that might prove him wrong and much of the public right... that is, he isn't as good as he thinks. I'll give him props on the girls circuit, but that's a completely different arena than men's b-ball where you actually have to fight for a title against more than 4-5 teams.

Last edited:
My bad, Caw man, I read this too quickly before a meeting at work today. That makes much more sense... uhhh... maybe not. Why the hell would an NBA team want a Yukon coach that did something that was only set up on a tee for him to hit? I give him credit (really more the players in reality) for winning their last championship... that was incredible, truly. However, replay that season a hundred times and that would not have happened. Was that really coaching? You and your Yukon fans might think so, but not most sensible basketball fans. I don't see what great coaching ollie has done or will do. I guess time will only prove my point - enjoy watching.

As for Geno, of course that he won't switch over because he is too arrogant and wouldn't want to take a chance on doing something that might prove him wrong and much of the public right... that is, he isn't as good as he thinks. I'll give him props on the girls circuit, but that's a completely different arena than men's b-ball where you actually have to fight for a title against more than 4-5 teams.

You really think that Uconn team was set on a tee to hit? Calhouns last year was 11-12 and they went 20-14, Ollie coached the next year and went 20-10 and then the year they won the NC the next year. Of course probably more than half the team was recruited by Calhoun but it's not like any of the guys on the team were superstars and they had a preseason ranking of 17. Have to give Ollie some credit, he had to coach them to a NC, he wasn't handed the keys with 10 MCD AA like some other schools.

Well if UConn is just going to be losing a mediocre coach then it's not a big worry if it happens.

Well if UConn is just going to be losing a mediocre coach then it's not a big worry if it happens.

See, we CAN agree on something.

some day they may get a acc invite-some day- doubt the big would want them being all hoops no football -and jersy state would use all its might to keep them out of the big- and we all know how powerful they are

UConn Football over the past decade hasn't been much different than the local teams - Pitt, BCU, SU & Rutgers (clearly PSU is at a different level). I imagine our record against that group is over .500, we've won the BE twice and we have put more players into the NFL draft than anyone else in that group. As far as putting 50k in the seats, UConn's stadium was built with a quick upgrade in mind so going to 50K isn't an issue.

It's not Football. Its TV's.

Winning even just 1 NC is a big deal. Some great, HOF coaches don't achieve more than that in their entire careers.
Thank you for your continued obsession with Syracuse basketball. SUball

UConn Football over the past decade hasn't been much different than the local teams - Pitt, BCU, SU & Rutgers (clearly PSU is at a different level). I imagine our record against that group is over .500, we've won the BE twice and we have put more players into the NFL draft than anyone else in that group. As far as putting 50k in the seats, UConn's stadium was built with a quick upgrade in mind so going to 50K isn't an issue.

It's not Football. Its TV's.
your football has zero history or national draw-

we have been a name for a century at football-not always a good name but a name none the less

your football has zero history or national draw-

we have been a name for a century at football-not always a good name but a name none the less

No. Its about TVs.

Rutgers is the biggest winner in CRE. They got the golden ticket. It wasn't based on their century of football excellence.

when you have less to offer than nj state- What do yu have?????

NJ State has a large market area and fertile recruiting ground. Storzz St. ...not so much.

Be fair though I don't care for UConn but the only reason Rutgers is in the B1G is strictly geography. Connecticut has 3.6 million people while New Jersey has 8.9 million people. The B1G bought the population of NJ for BTN over the better athletic department. If UConn didn't piss off the ACC with that lawsuit in 2003 they might have been selected with SU in 2011 and Pitt/WVU would be in the Big XII.

Be fair though I don't care for UConn but the only reason Rutgers is in the B1G is strictly geography. Connecticut has 3.6 million people while New Jersey has 8.9 million people. The B1G bought the population of NJ for BTN over the better athletic department. If UConn didn't piss off the ACC with that lawsuit in 2003 they might have been selected with SU in 2011 and Pitt/WVU would be in the Big XII.
Almost all of the CR moves have been about market and not athletic department success (except for the B1G taking Nebraska which is an iconic football brand). But I agree that UConn would have gone into the ACC with Cuse if they had not given the ACC and BC such grief with the lawsuit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom