Kiffin out at Bama | Syracusefan.com

Kiffin out at Bama

Not shocking. His press conference interview before the Peach Bowl he took some major shots at Saban and didn't say nice things about him. He and Saban hate each other. Saban is a lunatic and feels he can treat people like garbage and get away with it. Kiffin actually spoke up (he's been speaking up for a while but spoke up on a grand stage) and I'm sure that caused Saban to blow up.

Not shocking. His press conference interview before the Peach Bowl he took some major shots at Saban and didn't say nice things about him. He and Saban hate each other. Saban is a lunatic and feels he can treat people like garbage and get away with it. Kiffin actually spoke up (he's been speaking up for a while but spoke up on a grand stage) and I'm sure that caused Saban to blow up.

Saban saved Kiffin's career and dealt with him.

Saban is a maniacal perfectionist, but Kiffin is an actual bad person.

Not saying Saban is a saint, but there is a reason that an OC coming off a national title and a national title game is taking an HC gig at FAU.

These aren't just two guys butting heads.

Think it's a good move. That was one of the worst jobs of play calling I've seen since he's been the OC. The offensive for the most part never seemed to be in rhythm and Hurts never got comfortable.

Stan loved him some Kiffin, constantly calling him charismatic. I don't really care for either Saban or Kiffin and I wouldn't really want to get to know either but Kiffin really still comes off as a spoiled brat to me even at age 40. Saban just seems like a ruthless dictator who at the end of the day is a great football coach, I don't know anything about him personally and I get it it, IMO h s best college football coach ever, much harder to do what he has done past 10 years than it use to be.

I did laugh at Kiffin's comment that fun isn't a word we use at Alabama, that waspretty amusing. Kiffin was outright defiant towards the end really and Sark may be the OC by name next Monday but we all know who is calling the plays

One month to signing day...I am surprised Kiffen even agreed to coach the semis.
Kirby Smart took the UGA job a fellow SEC school and he stayed till the end. He was a pro.
This is about Kiffin not being a pro till his current job was done.

how would you folks feel if your boss brought in a "consultant" to hover over your back starting tomorrow when you step into the office?

Saban saved Kiffin's career and dealt with him.

Saban is a maniacal perfectionist, but Kiffin is an actual bad person.

Not saying Saban is a saint, but there is a reason that an OC coming off a national title and a national title game is taking an HC gig at FAU.

These aren't just two guys butting heads.
Saban is a P.O.S.

Kirby Smart took the UGA job a fellow SEC school and he stayed till the end. He was a pro.
This is about Kiffin not being a pro till his current job was done.
Wasn't Kiffin fired? What would he do? Just show up anyway?

Don't blame Kiffin he needs to get his team going and start recruiting

Agree, saban is a mad scientist with zero personality, now he is promoting a drunk to run his offense in a championship game. The ironic thing is, tbe mystery of what Sark might do on offense is a bama advantage. If you asked dabo, he probably would rather have lane stay on as OC for this game. And NS did not "save" kiffins career. He could have had any p5 OC position. Saban is a jerk.

Wasn't Kiffin fired? What would he do? Just show up anyway?
According to ESPN's Brett McMurphy Saban dismissed Kiffin for:
Being Late to meetings, getting left behind at media day, public “ass-chewing” comments contributed to Lane Kiffin’s exit, sources told @ESPN

According to ESPN's Brett McMurphy Saban dismissed Kiffin for:
Being Late to meetings, getting left behind at media day, public “ass-chewing” comments contributed to Lane Kiffin’s exit, sources told @ESPN
I don't care what the reason is. I don't like Kiffin but f Saban and his public @ss chewing of adults

I don't care what the reason is. I don't like Kiffin but f Saban and his public @ss chewing of adults
Kiffin didn't behave like a pro. Again Saban has had McEwlain, Smart all get HC jobs but act like pros and finish their job.
Lane couldn't do this and Saban got rid of him.

Why do you say that? Also, it was only a year but does anyone here know much about his personality when he was at Syracuse?
I was actually a student when he was here but no, I never heard anything about him. When he was the Coach at Miami, a secretary joked with him about his haircut. She was told to never speak to him again.

Kiffin didn't behave like a pro. Again Saban has had McEwlain, Smart all get HC jobs but act like pros and finish their job.
Lane couldn't do this and Saban got rid of him.
You can shout to the moon for all I care. I don't like Kiffin. But Saban is a complete a-hole. And after the public as Saban puts it, @ss chewings, I don't blame Kiffin one bit for going public. And that was why he was fired. Not for showing up late for meetings or any other garbage.

Why do you say that? Also, it was only a year but does anyone here know much about his personality when he was at Syracuse?
I think Saban's time in Cleveland is what made him the nasty computer he is now. sitting under the hand of Belichick will do that to you.

I was actually a student when he was here but no, I never heard anything about him. When he was the Coach at Miami, a secretary joked with him about his haircut. She was told to never speak to him again.

I think Saban is an insanely driven perfectionist that will never be happy and will have no issue prioritizing winning over everything else, like his decision to sign Jonathan Taylor, and, yes, he is a POS. He is so maniacal, he doesn't give a crap and doesn't see other people as relevant to his life other than serving his need to keep winning (that story about a secretary is in line with other stories I've heard). Clearly Saban needs to be in college so he can be a dictator (for better or worse).

With all that is known about Saban, he still gets a pass and a statue and is heralded as arguably the greatest college coach ever.

Lane Kiffin, the OC for the last two dominant Alabama years, cannot get a better HC gig other than FAU. That is how terrible Lane Kiffin is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom