Kiffin out at Bama | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kiffin out at Bama

Saban needs to prove himself at the NFL level.

What do Lane Kiffin and Nick Saban have in common?

They both have losing records as NFL head coaches.

Saban needs to prove himself at the NFL level.

What do Lane Kiffin and Nick Saban have in common?

They both have losing records as NFL head coaches.
Saban would probably only leave for Indy or Green Bay.
That way he has his franchise QB and he could win.
I wouldn't leave college football for the NFL unless I got one of those jobs or Pittsburgh/Dallas types with good rosters.

Saban would probably only leave for Indy or Green Bay.
That way he has his franchise QB and he could win.
I wouldn't leave college football for the NFL unless I got one of those jobs or Pittsburgh/Dallas types with good rosters.
I agree that Saban's afraid to take an NFL job that relies more on his coaching ability and less on the quality of the QB.

1. Yeah if it weren't for all those great Bama QBs Saban would be nothing
2. A great QB makes it easy to win at every level of football.

The NFL is all about your QB.
College football is all about your entire roster talent.
Alabama's 2 deep has atleast 10-12 first and second round picks. They have 4 of the top 8 overall this year and their biggest weakness is a true Freshman QB.

I was actually a student when he was here but no, I never heard anything about him. When he was the Coach at Miami, a secretary joked with him about his haircut. She was told to never speak to him again.
That's fair. I am a fan of his but he doesn't have the warmest personality. I just have a lot of admiration for the focus his teams always have.

The NFL is all about your QB.
College football is all about your entire roster talent.
Alabama's 2 deep has atleast 10-12 first and second round picks. They have 4 of the top 8 overall this year and their biggest weakness is a true Freshman QB.
I just have a hard time buying how awesome Saban is when he basically ran from the NFL because it was harder than he thought.

I just have a hard time buying how awesome Saban is when he basically ran from the NFL because it was harder than he thought.
He ran from the AFC East. He wanted to sign Drew Brees he was overruled and the team traded for Dante Culpepper.
That decision and the fact Belichick won the SB 2
of the 3 years he was in Miami and he saw he had a young QB in Brady.
That drove Saban to Bama. He did well h2h with Belichick but didn't think he could beat him without a QB.

He ran from the AFC East. He wanted to sign Drew Brees he was overruled and the team traded for Dante Culpepper.
That decision and the fact Belichick won the SB 2
of the 3 years he was in Miami and he saw he had a young QB in Brady.
That drove Saban to Bama. He did well h2h with Belichick but didn't think he could beat him without a QB.
I agree that Saban was afraid and so he ran from the NFL like a little girly man.

According to ESPN's Brett McMurphy Saban dismissed Kiffin for:
Being Late to meetings, getting left behind at media day, public “ass-chewing” comments contributed to Lane Kiffin’s exit, sources told @ESPN

I also think sleeping with his daughter didn't help the cause.

I also think sleeping with his daughter didn't help the cause.

It was a booster's wife.

But on the bigger topic, this thread is entertaining. It makes me almost forget we have nearly the longest football streak outside the Top 25 in the US and the basketball team stinking.

Almost.

What is to stop Lane from pulling a Wake Forest and talking to Clemson?

Kiffin has no soul so why wouldn't he?
He already has his sideline credentials and outfit...
untitled8.png

At this point, I don't think Kiffin deserves any benefit of the doubt. Guy has burned every bridge, pissed everybody off, and left under controversial circumstances at every stop along the way. Every. Single. One.

No doubt that Saban is a douche, too, but where there's smoke...

Someone on our board posted that on Mike and Mike this morning, Kiffin said he didn't get fired, he quit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom