Kinda OT: Keeping perspective about recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Kinda OT: Keeping perspective about recruiting

jekelish

Living Legend
Having great parents like bcubs9497 and Bambrewer on the board has gotten me thinking about recruiting, and how fans react and respond to every decision a high school kid winds up making. It's a fun process to follow, but it's good to kind of step back and take a little perspective from time to time, I think:

http://.com/recruiting-season-reveals-more-about-us-than-recruits/

Hey, don't forget about Kelly :D
Never! But Trey's already signed, sealed, and delivered so he can't flip on us!

...yeah, that's go with that, and not the fact that I had a brain cramp...

haha ~ bcubs9497 and I were just talking about this. It's very heady for a young kid who has had dreams of playing college football to have all these schools literally up their arse and trying to weed out the BS (like Clemson having 9 tight ends, with 2-2015 verbals and wanting Trey?!?). There is alot that goes into deciding where they want to go (education, distance from home, opportunity for playing time, etc). But fans will be fans, and that was ONE of the many reasons Trey chose here! Us three parents know most of those here have great intentions! I will say let's give Shafer and company a chance ~ I just got a feeling :) Thanks for welcoming us!!

I know that from time to time posters post things that have a negative bent (no, really?!). Occasionally someone else will remind them that recruits read these boards. I'm not a negative poster and see the glass half full more often than not. I'll admit though that I was skeptical about those warnings. Now, after seeing frequent posts from Kelly, Bam and BCubs (and Alec's dad before them), it really hammers home that point. Now I'm not advocating a Pollyannish attitude on the board, but it does make me hesitate for a moment when typing. Most of us have never gone through the recruiting process, and we all want the best players to go to SU. Sometimes going to Syracuse isn't the best option, and sometimes teenagers change their minds. With that being said, let's close this class with a flip or two and finish with style. Let's Go Orange!

I read the recruiting board but seldom post here because I realize that trying to figure out the workings of 18-year old minds is impossible. Besides, its a moving target! To me, it is most important to have players who want to be here, are proud to be here and most importantly are happy. If they decide not to come or change their minds, I wish them well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom