Kindle Fire | Syracusefan.com

Kindle Fire

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Got a Kindle Fire for my birthday. I like it, but whenever I try to access this site and I log in (and check the 'Keep me logged in' box), every time I open a new page or post, I have to log in again. I am using the Fire's Silk browser. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Got a Kindle Fire for my birthday. I like it, but whenever I try to access this site and I log in (and check the 'Keep me logged in' box), every time I open a new page or post, I have to log in again. I am using the Fire's Silk browser. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I'll look into it.

AWS is doing most of the heavy lifting with the Silk browser - the site's 'relationship' will be with Amazon and not your local client. It's kinda the way the Opera mobile browser works - you're basically going to Amazon and then Amazon's servers are fetching the data.

That sort of arrangement won't let the cookie for the site set.

Disable "Accelerate Page Loading" in the browser's advanced settings and then force close and restart the browser. I'm not completely sure that will work, but I suspect it will. (Make sure you close the browser and restart...otherwise, the setting will not change.)

If it doesn't, download a browser called LastPass and use that here.

Thanks, Fishy. I'll give that a try.

I have no idea what fishy said, but it is worth a try. It is definitely a cookie issue. I have contacted the guy who wrote the script. He is usually very good about getting back to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom