KJ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

KJ

I'll never understand why "You're wrong because I said so" doesnt get more people to buy in.

What's funny is, in the two years I've posted here, people have made claims like the one being made today that are just 100% false and the continue to make them over and over and it turns into truth by their "groupies" When they get called out in the future on them they ignore it, and when people ask them for links, or proof, or question their claims they have nothing else to say other than attempt to bash the person questioning them.

Sorry, there are a few people on this board that have amazing information with legit sources to back up it, then there are people who just have nothing but their opinion that they try to pass on as fact.

What's funny is, in the two years I've posted here, people have made claims like the one being made today that are just 100% false and the continue to make them over and over and it turns into truth by their "groupies" When they get called out in the future on them they ignore it, and when people ask them for links, or proof, or question their claims they have nothing else to say other than attempt to bash the person questioning them.

Sorry, there are a few people on this board that have amazing information with legit sources to back up it, then there are people who just have nothing but their opinion that they try to pass on as fact.
Since you are responding to something I said and know, please name a time that I have posted inside info and been wrong. You can't. I very rarely post stuff on this board anymore because of people just like you. Let's see, a few years ago, I posted that Hop was the coach in waiting. I had people like you rant at me that I was wrong. I should have learned my lesson then. I don't know Battle. I don't know KJ. I do know that the coaches have moved on from him. I haven't said it was the right thing to do. I didn't say it was fair. The last time I had to endure nonsense like this was a month or so ago when I said that people would be leaving our program. And not by their choice. What happened? Oh, and you have been here a whole two years? Wow. Some of us have track records that go back 15 years or more.

I'll say it again. I did not see anything public about the staff saying they have given up on KJ. Can you point me to it? It's not just two3zone that want to see these quotes.
If you are serious, this is not something that they go public with. It's something they discuss and act on. Hence, G saying that he would be playing the pt. Hence, Battle is recruited as a pt guard. I didn't wake up one day and decide to make something up. Believe it. Don't believe it. I really don't care. It doesn't change what the truth is.

If you are serious, this is not something that they go public with. It's something they discuss and act on. Hence, G saying that he would be playing the pt. Hence, Battle is recruited as a pt guard. I didn't wake up one day and decide to make something up. Believe it. Don't believe it. I really don't care. It doesn't change what the truth is.
Not asking you to name your source. But several posts in this thread (page 70) implied that the coaches said KJ was not the answer. two3zone and I wanted to know who said it/when it was said/how you know it. The way I read the posts was that it was said publicly. If it was not, fine. But I am obviously not the only one who interpreted it that way.

And no need to get snarky. Go back and read the posts (not just yours) and objectively judge whether they could be interpreted the way I and others read it.

Dasher isn't the only person to say this. Another prominent board "insider" suggested Joseph was going to get Allen Griffin'd right after the Gbinije article came out.

Why the hell would the staff give up on Joseph? The kid was, WAS, an undersized freshman thrusted into a starting role he wasn't ready for. I won't call dasher out and claim nonsense, but in my opinion I don't see it.

Why the hell would the staff give up on Joseph? The kid was, WAS, an undersized freshman thrusted into a starting role he wasn't ready for. I won't call dasher out and claim nonsense, but in my opinion I don't see it.
At no point did I ever say that I agreed with it. I am repeating what I have been told. Which is from someone who knows.

Trueblue25 said:
Part of it is that you sometimes just get better players. KJ isn't going to start over Battle. So recruiting Battle is a sign.

Not asking you to name your source. But several posts in this thread (page 70) implied that the coaches said KJ was not the answer. two3zone and I wanted to know who said it/when it was said/how you know it. The way I read the posts was that it was said publicly. If it was not, fine. But I am obviously not the only one who interpreted it that way.

And no need to get snarky. Go back and read the posts (not just yours) and objectively judge whether they could be interpreted the way I and others read it.
I don't get snarky.

Dasher isn't the only person to say this. Another prominent board "insider" suggested Joseph was going to get Allen Griffin'd right after the Gbinije article came out.
This is definitely a big year for KJ. Make it or break it. I don't think it should surprise anyone since the staff is actively pursuing the next big thing. If anyone was going to transfer after this upcoming season, it would make sense that it would be KJ with two years of eligibility left and not Obokoh with only one. Isn't it obvious to everyone that the staff is looking to bring a guard in for 2016.

At no point did I ever say that I agreed with it. I am repeating what I have been told. Which is from someone who knows.
My fault. Never saw the original post/comment.

Part of it is that you sometimes just get better players. KJ isn't going to start over Battle. So recruiting Battle is a sign.
KJ could fit a 6 man role perfectly though.

It is obvious that Joseph is being recruited over. The staff is sort of walking a tightrope here. Despite G playing a lot of point guard this year, the team is going to need Joseph to contribute this year. So if they are figuratively kicking KJ to the curb, they have to be careful because that could hurt this year's team chemistry.

The unfortunate thing is that Joseph was thrust into an impossible position last year. It was a role he wasn't ready to play. That being said, I'd feel more sympathy for him if he had shown even a mediocre effort on defense. He didn't even mask the fact that he couldn't care less about playing defense.

Last edited:
I don't get snarky.
"I didn't wake up one day and decide to make something up. Believe it. Don't believe it. I really don't care."

Maybe it's just the way I 'hear' this when I read it. That, to me, is snarky. If it wasn't meant that way, fine. Just the disadvantages of reading a conversation instead of having one. :noidea:

Still didn't address my main point, though. I think if you had said, "My source told me the staff feels..." all these pixels could have been saved.:)

Peace

I very rarely post stuff on this board anymore because of people just like you.

Although not directed toward me... dislike. Understood, but dislike. :oops:

Sometimes people don't understand that it isn't necessarily what they say around here, but rather how they say it. If I were closer to the program, I would hesitate to share here as well. It's unfortunate.

Not sure why the expectation at times is for our well respected "insiders" to have a 100% accuracy rating for their info (and info that can change quickly for a variety of reasons), as well as disclose the source. It's just not a reasonable expectation at all in my opinion.

But I digress... heard this Battle cat is legit, he should probably have his own thread :D. Hope he makes the right choice for his career. For selfish reasons, I hope it's Orange.

Well, I suppose I could reveal who my source is and never get spoken to again.

So you expect Hopkins to continue feeding you scoops after he takes over for JB?

eebe1cc2361d9d8d2984ec83d6ba58944731348e4ae3f4d5bae5a3cce8c2c4a2.jpg

well if this is the case, then they're apparently saying F the 15-16 season. because if it is to be a successful season, it will be necessary for KJ to play big minutes at PG.
now, I can certainly can see in 16-17 KJ being odd man out. But I just cannot believe that they've given up on him for the coming season.

well if this is the case, then they're apparently saying F the 15-16 season. because if it is to be a successful season, it will be necessary for KJ to play big minutes at PG.
now, I can certainly can see in 16-17 KJ being odd man out. But I just cannot believe that they've given up on him for the coming season.

Yeah, that was the point I made above. Plus, team chemistry would be f'ed if KJ is marginalized.

pearl31 said:
well if this is the case, then they're apparently saying F the 15-16 season. because if it is to be a successful season, it will be necessary for KJ to play big minutes at PG. now, I can certainly can see in 16-17 KJ being odd man out. But I just cannot believe that they've given up on him for the coming season.
Tough but I could definitely see him get less than 10 mpg especially if he doesn't start

Tough but I could definitely see him get less than 10 mpg especially if he doesn't start
well, then it will be a more disappointing season than last

pearl31 said:
well, then it will be a more disappointing season than last
maybe or maybe there are more options

They did and they have given up on KJ. Fair or not, those are the facts. And not a guess.
Ok, I need to see some FACTS as well on this issue, AS OPPOSED TO IDLE SPECULATION.
I agree w/ 2-3zone...where is this coming from, dash?

Ok, after rereading some posts I see where you're coming from. If you have insider info on this, Dash- I'll take your word for it, you're generally a good poster and not prone to nonsense.
However, I can't see how they'll finagle this. I hope this doesn't turn into another season like the "Devo-at-point-guard" season that we had one year.
Fact is, KJ was a green frosh who was thrown into the flame. To kick him to the curb so quickly, looks unseemly and abrupt, IMO.
We shall see...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom