Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

I hear you, bro, and while I understand LeBron has been a lightning rod for sniping since he came into the league as the Chosen One and clearly is not a perfect human being, I think he takes way too much heat for situations he may not have created. The truth is somewhere between Woj and the LBJ blasters and this piece from his hometown rag (and my first employer, back when I was sitting at press row watching Bingo Smith and Austin Carr and Jim Chones). http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/mar...es-unfair-reputation-of-coach-killer-1.656775

Meanwhile, I was planning to blow off tonight's Cavs-Bulls game on ABC for a play date with my girlfriend, but now I think we're going to have to head somewhere with a telly.

Ya. Listen, as a player, I love watching LeBron. He makes everyone better.

If nothing else, this will be interesting. Will see how much of Doc's influence is apparent.

Ya. Listen, as a player, I love watching LeBron. He makes everyone better.

If nothing else, this will be interesting. Will see how much of Doc's influence is apparent.
Just hope he doesn't have Doc's voice. Love Doc, but always sounds as if he's gargled with razor blades. Must do a lotta shouting.

Why? The Melo of 2016 plays defense and gets teammates involved because he's not passing the ball to absolute scrubs.

He's done that for a few weeks. He needs to do it for longer before I think that's a new level of play. Lebron has done it for 12 years. And for all the talk of Melo moving the ball (which he is), he has an assist rate of 21.5% Lebron is 34%. It's not like they're comparable there.

[QUOTE="longislandcuse, post: 1633231, member: 937" JR is a knucklehead, that didn't change because he plays with Lebron, we just don't hear about it, he's literally the same exact person/player in Cleveland as he was in NY. Helps to have Cleveland press and Cleveland nightlife as opposed to NYC. .[/QUOTE]

People DO call JR a knucklehead still, because he is. He got kicked out of his last game. I'm saying you would be focusing more on his flaws if he played with Melo.

The Cavs roster 2-12 is stronger than the Knicks 2-12. I am not arguing that. Though I don't think it's quite as much of a difference as you think; Delladova for instance I don't think is very good and if he was playing on the Knicks you'd probably be complaining and calling him a scrub. Mozgov and Thompsona are solid, albeit limited, players. But Kyrie and Love are really good players. I also think there's a big difference in the cavs best player and the Knicks best player.

Lance Thomas has been shockingly good this year. Calderon, for all his faults, (and there are many) has a 59% true shooting. Not sure why those guys are scrubs and Dellavadoa and JR Smith (true shooting of 53%) are examples of a great supporting cast.

I don't think if you swapped Melo and Lebron the Cavs would be #1 in the east. Maybe the Knicks wouldn't, maybe it would be Toronto, but the flaws of the cavs supporting cast would be a lot more evident if you took Lebron off the team, even if he was replaced with another all star.

Our pg play is sabotaging the team. It's that big of a deal. Calderon can't guard you. Grant is a rookie and is a square peg in the round hole that is our offensive philosophy. Dellavedova can at least attempt to keep someone in front of him.

Lance Thomas is solid and I should've added him on the non scrub list.

Assist rates are incredibly misleading considering Lebron is passing to 3 elite level scorers. (Kyrie-Love-JR).

Our pg play is sabotaging the team. It's that big of a deal. Calderon can't guard you. Grant is a rookie and is a square peg in the round hole that is our offensive philosophy. Dellavedova can at least attempt to keep someone in front of him.

Lance Thomas is solid and I should've added him on the non scrub list.

Assist rates are incredibly misleading considering Lebron is passing to 3 elite level scorers. (Kyrie-Love-JR).

Come on, JR is an elite level scorer? Seriously?
Lebron has assisted Kyrie 12 times this year. 12 times!!

Lebron had an assist rate in 2010 that was 42%, much higher than it is this year, and nearly twice as high as Melo's rate this year. Point me in the direction of all the elite scorers on that team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html

I agree on the PG thing; I'd love to see Mike Conley on this team.

Come on, JR is an elite level scorer? Seriously?
Lebron has assisted Kyrie 12 times this year. 12 times!!

Lebron had an assist rate in 2010 that was 42%, much higher than it is this year, and nearly twice as high as Melo's rate this year. Point me in the direction of all the elite scorers on that team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html

I agree on the PG thing; I'd love to see Mike Conley on this team.
Agree on Conley.

JR is a knucklehead but he's still a better scorer than anyone Melo can pass to.

Having better players creates better scoring opportunities. No one is afraid of Robin Lopez or Aaron Afflalo. Nor KP, right now in his career.

I'm not arguing the Knicks wouldn't be better with Lebron over Melo, I just think you're way overrating Lebron to think the Knicks would be first in the East.

OMG, just heard Ty Lue interviewed before Cavs-Bulls game, he does have a bit of Doc's gravelly voice.

Agree on Conley.

JR is a knucklehead but he's still a better scorer than anyone Melo can pass to.

Having better players creates better scoring opportunities. No one is afraid of Robin Lopez or Aaron Afflalo. Nor KP, right now in his career.

I'm not arguing the Knicks wouldn't be better with Lebron over Melo, I just think you're way overrating Lebron to think the Knicks would be first in the East.

And I think you're underrating the difference between Lebron and Melo, but hey, agree to disagree. Unfortunately, they won't be switching teams any time soon.

Lebron's assist rates now are lower than they were in Cleveland before when he played with less talent; probably because he had the ball in his hands even more than he does now.

As long as he doesn't have a son that he makes a backup PG, you guys should be ok.
Don't think he has any kids, but he does seem to have nothing but little kids' ties. This is an old photo, but he always has short ties, including tonight.
tyronn-lue-doc-rivers-nba-los-angeles-clippers-phoenix-suns.jpg

GSW and SAS tonight, baby!

Of course Pop is sitting out Duncan, DNP - old.

But I'm still excited. I think Pop is going to give his small ball lineups a test run to see how they can hang. I don't think Duncan would have necessarily played a lot anyway.

These teams play four times this year, I would wager that Pop won't have a full lineup unless it's the last few games and they are a game away from the 1 seed.

I hate the Spurs (except when they played Miami in the finals) and am glad the Warriors rolled. Pop was talking a lot of smack about the Warriors being lucky that they didn't have to play SA in last year's playoffs.

Well that game was a let down.

I don't think Duncan is worth +30

I wouldn't overreact to one game.

I think GSW is obviously better, but in a seven game series, I still think it goes seven.

Pop uses these games to test things. This wouldn't be the version of SAS you see in the playoffs.

I wouldn't overreact to one game.

I think GSW is obviously better, but in a seven game series, I still think it goes seven.

Pop uses these games to test things. This wouldn't be the version of SAS you see in the playoffs.
I agree. I don't know that it goes 7 but at least 6. The one glaring thing from last night is that Steph Curry is legit unguardable. Not even Kawhi could even remotely slow him down.

I agree. I don't know that it goes 7 but at least 6. The one glaring thing from last night is that Steph Curry is legit unguardable. Not even Kawhi could even remotely slow him down.

I honestly think they need to put Kawhi on him for 90 feet. They need to do what LeBron did to Rose that one year.

The issue is where does the scoring come from if Kawhi is basically the Steph-stopper? LMA crapped the bed last night. He has to get ready for big time games.

I honestly think they need to put Kawhi on him for 90 feet. They need to do what LeBron did to Rose that one year.

The issue is where does the scoring come from if Kawhi is basically the Steph-stopper? LMA crapped the bed last night. He has to get ready for big time games.

Steph's handle is too good. I don't think it would matter. Best handle I've ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom