Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

affalo needed to make that shot.

and of course lebron got blatt fired.

Great game to watch.

BTW, Windhorst was on Zach Lowe's podcast yesterday and said Bron gave up on Blatt within 15 days of him starting last year.

Great game to watch.

BTW, Windhorst was on Zach Lowe's podcast yesterday and said Bron gave up on Blatt within 15 days of him starting last year.
Was it Krause of the Bulls that used to say organizations win Championships back when they had Michael Jordan?

I get it now.

Great game to watch.

didnt it come out that last summer lebron told Pat Riley that he wouldnt play for spoelstra and Pat told him...hes my coach.

basically telling him to shut up and play or hit the bricks.

Afflalo needed to stop shooting last night. He couldn't hit anything and was getting bodied up pretty good by Westbrook and Waiters. I think that last shot should have gone to either Galloway or Porzingis.

didnt it come out that last summer lebron told Pat Riley that he wouldnt play for spoelstra and Pat told him...hes my coach.

basically telling him to shut up and play or hit the bricks.

I've heard that story.

There was also a story that goes around about Bron wanting to stick around after a game against the, at the time, NO Hornets with CP3, and hang out and fly back the next day. Wade basically had to explain to him that 1) he wasn't interested in sticking around to party with CP3 and 2) he needed to get his a$$ on the team plane.

The other thing that Riley apparently did was shut down Bron's entourage's access to the team, like they had in Cleveland. Riley wanted no part of Mav Carter et al in and around the team at all times.

Afflalo needed to stop shooting last night. He couldn't hit anything and was getting bodied up pretty good by Westbrook and Waiters. I think that last shot should have gone to either Galloway or Porzingis.
KP was open for a bit, i wanted him to shoot but figured they'd give it to affalo.

I've heard that story.

There was also a story that goes around about Bron wanting to stick around after a game against the, at the time, NO Hornets with CP3, and hang out and fly back the next day. Wade basically had to explain to him that 1) he wasn't interested in sticking around to party with CP3 and 2) he needed to get his a$$ on the team plane.

The other thing that Riley apparently did was shut down Bron's entourage's access to the team, like they had in Cleveland. Riley wanted no part of Mav Carter et al in and around the team at all times

The benefit of being Pat Riley and having a million rings

The benefit of being Pat Riley and having a million rings

Riley was never going to have his power ever in question. Ever. Won't be surprised if this year or next, KD ends up with the Miami Mafia and Riley.

Whatta finish to the GW-Philly game. 7-40 Philly comes back to tie game less than 25 seconds to go, fall short, though, as Barnes nails shot from corner with .2 of a second left.

Whatta finish to the GW-Philly game. 7-40 Philly comes back to tie game less than 25 seconds to go, fall short, though, as Barnes nails shot from corner with .2 of a second left.

Can't believe Philly made that a game. Was it Draymond that assisted on Barnes' shot?

Can't believe Philly made that a game. Was it Draymond that assisted on Barnes' shot?
Yep, Draymond with the pass. Philly was abusing Curry in the last period.

Philly had a foul to give, too bad they didn't use it.

Last edited:

Was the shooter Grant's man? It looked like Jerami was trying a way too late close out on that shot.

Was the shooter Grant's man? It looked like Jerami was trying a way too late close out on that shot.
I was wondering the same thing.

Knicks get a shot at Golden State tonight at MSG, I'm gonna be on the Knicks bandwagon. Not sure I'll be on enough, though, to bite at the Knicks plus 10 and a half, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks pull off a shock-and-awe.

Last edited:
Clippers are kind of nasty without Blake and when Doc finally comes to the game in/game out realization that they're better without Pierce.

Their second unit is vastly improved from last year. (With help from our very own Wes Johnson). If they can keep it up when Blake comes back, it could at least get interesting in the West before the WCF of SA/GS.

Clippers are kind of nasty without Blake and when Doc finally comes to the game in/game out realization that they're better without Pierce.

Their second unit is vastly improved from last year. (With help from our very own Wes Johnson). If they can keep it up when Blake comes back, it could at least get interesting in the West before the WCF of SA/GS.

I can't stand the Clippers.

If they are going to stick with Doc and try to win now, I think they need to trade Blake. If they want to build around youth and have a five year plan, I think they need to trade CP3 immediately while he still has gas in the tank.

They haven't made the conference finals with this team and it looks like it would be a miracle this year to get out of the west for them.

And I don't propose the Blake trade lightly. At his peak, he's a top ten player.

If they are going to stick with Doc and try to win now, I think they need to trade Blake. If they want to build around youth and have a five year plan, I think they need to trade CP3 immediately while he still has gas in the tank.

They haven't made the conference finals with this team and it looks like it would be a miracle this year to get out of the west for them.

And I don't propose the Blake trade lightly. At his peak, he's a top ten player.

There was an article on Espn last week stating that a CP3 for Kyrie move might make sense for both teams. LA can have their 5 year plan and Cleveland can try and win now.

Zack Lowe wrote an article proposing a Melo for Blake swap. Not sure how fans of either side feel about that. Melo is the better player but is also 4 or 5 years older. Also not sure how a frontcourt of Blake/KP/Rolo fits together. KP has to become the Center for that to work.

There was an article on Espn last week stating that a CP3 for Kyrie move might make sense for both teams. LA can have their 5 year plan and Cleveland can try and win now.

I heard that. My worry is that Kyrie is SO injury prone that I don't think it's a good deal. The best predictor of future injuries is past injuries. Kyrie is like a walking MASH unit.

But, if healthy, I can see that trade working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom