Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

Zack Lowe wrote an article proposing a Melo for Blake swap. Not sure how fans of either side feel about that. Melo is the better player but is also 4 or 5 years older. Also not sure how a frontcourt of Blake/KP/Rolo fits together. KP has to become the Center for that to work.

Yeah, I think it does help the LAC get better, now, because you can stretch the floor with Melo more so than with Blake. However, to your point, until KP can play the 5 consistently, it just doesn't work for the Knicks. BUT, if you are the Knicks and are locking in a top ten league talent with a clear path, does that make it easier to deal with?

Tough call.

I'm also far from convinced Melo is a better player than Blake. Blake is awesome.

It basically locks you into KP at the 5, and would likely necessitate a trade of Lopez? Griffin is just so much younger than Melo and already awesome and the Knicks aren't great now, so you'd probably have to take that shot.

I'm also far from convinced Melo is a better player than Blake. Blake is awesome.

It basically locks you into KP at the 5, and would likely necessitate a trade of Lopez? Griffin is just so much younger than Melo and already awesome and the Knicks aren't great now, so you'd probably have to take that shot.
Trade Rolo for Teague?

I think Melo is better and the perception some have is due to him being on straight trash teams for a while now but Griffin is elite and proved he can play without CP3 which is huge.

Btw, im on board with trading for Teague anyway. We're a playoff team with him. Although I know it makes more sense to be patient and wait for the offseason to make moves.

Trade Rolo for Teague?

I think Melo is better and the perception some have is due to him being on straight trash teams for a while now but Griffin is elite and proved he can play without CP3 which is huge.

Btw, im on board with trading for Teague anyway. We're a playoff team with him. Although I know it makes more sense to be patient and wait for the offseason to make moves.

I feel like at this point, this might be a better trade to explore in the off-season? Doc has said if the Clippers don't go far in the playoffs they may attempt to blow the team up.

Both Melo and Blake are really good; Blake is a sneaky great passer and i think he's probably better than Melo (setting aside the age concerns even) but they're probably really close. At first blush I think Lopez is too much for teague? i mean it doesn't work now anyway, Atlanta has Millsap and Horford. Lopez is a really solid big man and i think he's on a pretty good deal as the cap rises. But I guess i don't know what his trade value really is.

its too bad that Bron signed after Blatt was hired.

I think Blatt can be a good coach for a young team.
I agree. I was pulling for him. But just not a good match ... and I don't think LeBron was the only one thinking that.

Our pg play is sabotaging the team. It's that big of a deal. Calderon can't guard you. Grant is a rookie and is a square peg in the round hole that is our offensive philosophy. Dellavedova can at least attempt to keep someone in front of him.

Lance Thomas is solid and I should've added him on the non scrub list.

I just watched Charlotte beat the Cavs at home, Hornets have a pretty good-lookin' pg the Knicks maybe should look at. Name's Lin. Jeremy Lin.

will someone explain to me why fisher didnt foul??

Tom Thibodeau would be my first call. However I don't know if he would run Phil's system. He is a defensive expert though.

Tom Thibodeau would be my first call. However I don't know if he would run Phil's system. He is a defensive expert though.

They'll try for Luke Walton if I had to guess.

Zack Lowe wrote an article proposing a Melo for Blake swap. Not sure how fans of either side feel about that. Melo is the better player but is also 4 or 5 years older. Also not sure how a frontcourt of Blake/KP/Rolo fits together. KP has to become the Center for that to work.

I'm surprised you said this so matter-of-fact. I would completely disagree. If you actually convinced the Clippers to take Melo straight up for Blake, I would pray that Phil shows no hesitation whatsoever. The Clippers would be idiotic to trade him at this point.

I'm surprised you said this so matter-of-fact. I would completely disagree. If you actually convinced the Clippers to take Melo straight up for Blake, I would pray that Phil shows no hesitation whatsoever. The Clippers would be idiotic to trade him at this point.
So would I, because Blake is 4 or 5 years younger but I don't think Blake is as good as Melo. The age difference is huge though.

Also... Fisher is gone!! Finally!

Your new NYK HC is Kurt Rambis. Phil realizes he doesn't have a first round pick right? What Phil.

Your new NYK HC is Kurt Rambis. Phil realizes he doesn't have a first round pick right? What Phil.
Fisher was not good, at all. He completely lost me when he talked so flippantly about making the Playoffs. Are we a contender, no. At least act like you want to get into the Playoffs though.

Fisher was not good, at all. He completely lost me when he talked so flippantly about making the Playoffs. Are we a contender, no. At least act like you want to get into the Playoffs though.
I agree he wasn't good. He appeared in over his head being a HC that quickly from his playing days. I bet Steve Kerr is loving the fact he waited before signing with GS over NYK.

Kurt Rambis is just an awful HC who didn't like to play young players when with Minnesota. NYK should be all about Zinger and his development right now.

This move could benefit Toronto or Denver whichever has the NYK first round pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom