Knicks First Round Draft Pick? | Syracusefan.com

Knicks First Round Draft Pick?

teamco

International Flaneur
This Twitter post is a hoot . . . . And which one of the ESPN draft analysts famously says, "He's about two years away from being two years away?" That about sums up the Knicks pick.

Knicks First Round Pick 2015.jpg

Attachments

• Knicks First Round Pick 2015.jpg
    Knicks First Round Pick 2015.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 119
Lets hope it isn't. Article is up on ESPN about Melo being frustrated. I get his frustration but he had Chicago dangling an opportunity to win and he went for the money. Porzingis is more mobile than Bargnani so there is opportunity there. I will admit I was thinking we might just steal Okafor somehow when LA went Russell but that was a pipe dream. We all know Philly is going for the 4 center 1 PF lineup.

The knicks season will come down to Free Agency now. They need a big splash and then a good deal of quality contributors to surround their core. Trying to have faith...

Lets hope it isn't. Article is up on ESPN about Melo being frustrated. I get his frustration but he had Chicago dangling an opportunity to win and he went for the money. Porzingis is more mobile than Bargnani so there is opportunity there. I will admit I was thinking we might just steal Okafor somehow when LA went Russell but that was a pipe dream. We all know Philly is going for the 4 center 1 PF lineup.

The knicks season will come down to Free Agency now. They need a big splash and then a good deal of quality contributors to surround their core. Trying to have faith...

There isn't anyone worth spending money on this offseason, they have to wait for next year.

Orangezoo said:
Lets hope it isn't. Article is up on ESPN about Melo being frustrated. I get his frustration but he had Chicago dangling an opportunity to win and he went for the money. Porzingis is more mobile than Bargnani so there is opportunity there. I will admit I was thinking we might just steal Okafor somehow when LA went Russell but that was a pipe dream. We all know Philly is going for the 4 center 1 PF lineup. The knicks season will come down to Free Agency now. They need a big splash and then a good deal of quality contributors to surround their core. Trying to have faith...

I read that Melo was on hand for KP's workout and he approved. There are conflicting stories. Stephen A is a joke and if KP were a different color SAS would be praising him.

Frank Isola is gold too. Last night he was praising the pick. Wakes up today and is doom and gloom.

Out of all of the NY teams the Knicks Media is the worst. You have clear members that kiss the teams ass. You have a few with agendas and you have Chris Herring who seems to be the best of the bunch and stays reasonable with his negative and positive assessments.

This is Frederick Weiss all over again.
Yeah...no. The Weiss pick was ridiculed from the start. Porzingus is universally recognized as the guy that may end up the best player in the draft, but will need time. I'll take it.

I read that Melo was on hand for KP's workout and he approved. There are conflicting stories. Stephen A is a joke and if KP were a different color SAS would be praising him.

Frank Isola is gold too. Last night he was praising the pick. Wakes up today and is doom and gloom.

Out of all of the NY teams the Knicks Media is the worst. You have clear members that kiss the teams ass. You have a few with agendas and you have Chris Herring who seems to be the best of the bunch and stays reasonable with his negative and positive assessments.
Isola eats doom and gloom for breakfast.

Do people realize he played in the second best league in the world? This league has teams that would destroy Duke, UK, etc.

The league that Mudiay played in is terrible.

This wasn't the 1984 draft. It's not like there are going to be a bunch of HOF players coming out of this. KP may have the highest upside of anyone.

I didn't watch the draft so I checked Wikipedia the following morning to see who the Knicks chose.

"With the 4th pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, the New York Bricks select..."

image.jpg

I admit. I wanted Justice Winslow at 4.

But the NBA screwed us with the draft lottery. The 3 worst teams should be guaranteed a top 3 pick. Then have a lottery among those 3 for the number 1 pick. Each with an equal percentage chance.

I admit. I wanted Justice Winslow at 4.

But the NBA screwed us with the draft lottery. The 3 worst teams should be guaranteed a top 3 pick. Then have a lottery among those 3 for the number 1 pick. Each with an equal percentage chance.

I personally like the NHL system. Every team in the lottery has a shot at the number 1 pick, but after the number 1 pick, each team can only drop down 1 spot.

Meaning, if the number 9 team wins the lottery, number 9 picks first, number 1 picks second, number 2 picks third, etc..

I personally like the NHL system. Every team in the lottery has a shot at the number 1 pick, but after the number 1 pick, each team can only drop down 1 spot.

Meaning, if the number 9 team wins the lottery, number 9 picks first, number 1 picks second, number 2 picks third, etc..
I say, the teams in the conference finals get the last 4 picks of the 1st round, everyone else has an equal shot at every pick in the first round. Second round picks are ordered by record.

This would make things so much more interesting. Good teams would have chances to get better. Bad teams would have no incentive to tank.

Porzinigis will either go down as the next Dirk Nowitski or the next Darko Milicic. There's no in between.

Ironically, Darko was selected one spot ahead of Melo.

I love how people are always so sure that someone they've never seen play will suck.

Too much group think.

I don't know if it is necessarily that people thinks he sucks. I think the issue is that the Knicks have a legitimate superstar that they haven't had the likes of since Ewing. They only have a few more years to capitalize on having a player of his caliber. You have a lot of ammo with the fourth pick in a draft that you can use to make the team immediately better but they pretty much opted to go for a draft pick who most people believe won't reach his potential until Melo is on the down-swing of his career and NYK contract. That's not gonna help to make them a championship contender.

Essentially you have a front office that:

1 - Tells the media and their fans that they want to win immediately;
2 - Tells their biggest superstar that they want to win immediately to get him to sign;
3 - Then uses a great draft position to select a player who likely won't prove his worth for at least three years.

I think it's a legitimate gripe and I think it's a sign that the Knicks front office still lacks a clear vision and/or idea on how to bring their vision to fruition.

Like most people, I have only seen KP highlights and have listened to talking heads to learn about him. I definitely think he sounds worthy of a lotto pick. I just don't think he's the right lotto pick for what the Knicks are saying they're trying to do.

I don't know if it is necessarily that people thinks he sucks. I think the issue is that the Knicks have a legitimate superstar that they haven't had the likes of since Ewing. They only have a few more years to capitalize on having a player of his caliber. You have a lot of ammo with the fourth pick in a draft that you can use to make the team immediately better but they pretty much opted to go for a draft pick who most people believe won't reach his potential until Melo is on the down-swing of his career and NYK contract. That's not gonna help to make them a championship contender.

Essentially you have a front office that:

1 - Tells the media and their fans that they want to win immediately;
2 - Tells their biggest superstar that they want to win immediately to get him to sign;
3 - Then uses a great draft position to select a player who likely won't prove his worth for at least three years.

I think it's a legitimate gripe and I think it's a sign that the Knicks front office still lacks a clear vision and/or idea on how to bring their vision to fruition.

Like most people, I have only seen KP highlights and have listened to talking heads to learn about him. I definitely think he sounds worthy of a lotto pick. I just don't think he's the right lotto pick for what the Knicks are saying they're trying to do.

They missed out on the guys who could help them win now(Towns, Russell, Okafor) when they won 2 games at the end of the season which caused them to drop to the 4th pick. That should be the story, in my opinion.

As it is, they picked a guy who a lot of teams would've picked at #4. The players considered to be immediate impact potential superstars were all gone at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom