Knicks hire Jeff Hornacek as HC | Syracusefan.com

Knicks hire Jeff Hornacek as HC

Would have rather seen a more established coach like a thibadeux, or a Vogel, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

Would have rather seen a more established coach like a thibadeux, or a Vogel, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

Yup. I think if things get turned around, Phil has to feel like he did it. Hiring a less established coach allows for that appearance.

Hornacek did a nice job with a young Suns team a few years ago.

Knicks are desperate for guard play and that is Hornacek's strong point. He had too many guards at Phoenix and a ton of injuries. he was pretty good for 2 years there.

Intesting hire for sure and not what I was expecting.

Once it came out that he was interviewed, you kinda had to assume there was something to it because the fit is pretty weird. Unless he completely 180's from the way he's coached to this point, the triangle is dead in New York.

horny-baby-19-2016.jpg

If Hornacek has the freedom to run his offense the way he wants, I'm fine with this. They need to start grooming KP to be a stretch five. If they have any thoughts of keeping Melo, they need to start pushing him to the four.

I hope Hornacek isn't a D'antoni repeat which failed miserably... The Knicks biggest problem is that they don't defend consistently enough, I''m not sure Hornacek fixes that. The problem with the offense wasn't the system, it's the fact that the guards sucked. Love Lance and Gallo off the bench but they aren't starters on a good team. Afflolo sucked in crunch time early and sucked all the time late in the season, Calderon sucked, Grant showed flashes but pretty much wasn't able to consistently generate real offense. I think between Lopez, Melo and Proznigis you got three good starters and with Dwill, Lance and Gallo you have 3 good bench options. Beyond that the whole team is full of question marks... and outside of Lopez and Porzingis there isn't much D there.

I'm just happy it wasn't Rambis
sadly, theres a lot of truth to that.

I believe it wasn't Blatt because if the Cavs win, Lebron is coming.

<-----------(puts hands over ears and starts yelling LALALALALALALALA)

Vogel or Thibs would have been my top choices
vogel was mine, but I didn't include him because I felt we had no shot and it appears we didn't. I was never too big on tibs.

vogel was mine, but I didn't include him because I felt we had no shot and it appears we didn't. I was never too big on tibs.

I figured we had less of a shot at Thibs than Vogel. I think both dudes can coach; if you wanted a negative on Thibs you could probably go with how many minutes he asks his guys to play. Either guy would get them defending at close to league average, if not better, I think

I figured we had less of a shot at Thibs than Vogel. I think both dudes can coach; if you wanted a negative on Thibs you could probably go with how many minutes he asks his guys to play. Either guy would get them defending at close to league average, if not better, I think
fair points. still need 2 starters in the backcourt and a solid 6th man, regardless. and 1 of those 3 needs to be a 'scorer'.

fair points. still need 2 starters in the backcourt and a solid 6th man, regardless. and 1 of those 3 needs to be a 'scorer'.

Oh I'm pretty sure they aren't all that close to contending. Interested to see the plan for the off-season considering they have no picks and everyone has cap space

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom