Class of 2016 - PG Kobi Simmons (GA) Offered by Syracuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Kobi Simmons (GA) Offered by Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
SU is in the drivers seat. The staff made great strides against UNC. Visits mean nothing. We have our PG. End of the story. I'll stand by my prediction.
You. Are. Awesome! Thanks, man.
tumblr_kpoipg2ifa1qziy3fo1_400.jpg

I've really looked at a lot of film and about the only flaw in his game is that his outside shot release looks like it starts kind of low. He certainly is very crafty in the lane and has a lot of unorthodox releases inside. He's obviously an elite athlete. I love his ability to get to the hole.
Hopefully his release can be corrected, but luckily, he is such a threat to drive that it buys him space to get the shot off.

Anyone have any new Kobi Simmons video clips? He's a top10 ranked player there must be plenty of them . . . . . . . . . . . don't make me wait fella's. Lets break his game down.
From the videos it appears he plays the 2 on his AAU team. Also he was at an Adidas tournament... Does that hurt us at all?? I'm not really sure how that shoe crap effects schools.

iommi said:
I've really looked at a lot of film and about the only flaw in his game is that his outside shot release looks like it starts kind of low. He certainly is very crafty in the lane and has a lot of unorthodox releases inside. He's obviously an elite athlete. I love his ability to get to the hole.
I've seen him live 3 times and I agree with this completely. He may not have the prettiest shot but he does have the ability to get hot from beyond the arc.

SU is in the drivers seat. The staff made great strides against UNC. Visits mean nothing. We have our PG. End of the story. I'll stand by my prediction.

I'd really love to believe this--hope you are right--I'm just hesitant to get too excited after some of the recent disappointments when it seemed like we were in the driver's seat. But that would be a pretty incredible bounce-back from Battle! Again, hope you're right.

I've seen him live 3 times and I agree with this completely. He may not have the prettiest shot but he does have the ability to get hot from beyond the arc.

You don't have to be a knock down shooter but something we as SU fans have certainly learned the last few seasons is that you have to at least be a threat to make it which I don't see as a problem with Simmons especially given his other talents which will make it easy for him to get his shot off.

You don't have to be a knock down shooter but something we as SU fans have certainly learned the last few seasons is that you have to at least be a threat to make it which I don't see as a problem with Simmons especially given his other talents which will make it easy for him to get his shot off.
Yep. And as long as guys like Richardson and Lydon live up to their hype as shooters, we don't need Simmons to be a 40% guy from deep.

Exactly. And I don't think his release looks slow at all, just starts it about a foot lower than is ideal. It takes a while to get off, only because it starts lower but mechanically it looks good. His crossover and explosiveness should give him plenty of room to operate.

Something to keep in mind that is never revealed watching a guy's highlights: is he coachable? Is he a hard worker? Hopefully someone who is more familiar with Simmons might be able to answer those because they are underrated aspects of any player's game. He obviously has an alpha dog swagger; we need that desperately. If we pair him up with Moyer in the same class, no worries with that whatsoever.

Last edited:
Anyone have any new Kobi Simmons video clips? He's a top10 ranked player there must be plenty of them . . . . . . . . . . . don't make me wait fella's. Lets break his game down.
How about one of him showing Blakeney who the boss is? btw Simmons' team won this game.

I read an article that we will make his final cut, does anyone know who else is involved? I'm not too worried about UGA/UNC, seeing as one isn't a basketball school and the other is about to be in some serious trouble. More worried about the Duke/Kentucky/Kansas type schools, who you would think would be very involved for a player of this caliber.

I wonder if JB and Hop will use the situation at UNC to their advantage. Something along the lines of "we know what we're dealing with and our situation can only get better, theirs can get much, much worse." I'd love to beat out UNC taking the high road and focusing on why Kobi should go to 'Cuse rather than why he shouldn't go elsewhere. A part of me wouldn't mind a little negative recruiting however given our recent struggles and the fact that other schools do it to us.

Here's another one. Just might want to get past old MoneyBags McGee in the first few seconds. ;)
Man, the kid has some quick feet. And toward the end, he had a pull-up, mid-range jumper and his release point was much better.

Ask and you shall receive.

Thanks Tee

He seems to be extremely quick and very shifty. I also love the decisiveness that he plays with, at least in the highlights.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors