Kudos to WAER announcers.... | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to WAER announcers....

RoatanCuse

Starter
Andrew Scaglione and Seth Goldberg for calling a spot-on exemplary game today. These two kids never let their focus drift away from the play-by-play action. Not once. No hearing about Nascar events coming up, or the NBA, or golf, or Dook or openly hyping the game coming up next...with split screen, of course. You heard who committed every foul, the foul totals...per man and team and facts about every player. They do their homework and know their stuff. They also spoke clearly and concisely. It's easy to tell that they love the Orange!
Since nothing is perfect, yes, I missed the video...but down here I have to live with the best Direct TV can give me. On Monday night I think I will mute the TV and let these two call the game w/o the usual ESPN off topic dribble. Good going fellas, you do a great job.

Last edited:
Why was it not on Directv?
I have no idea. I get ESPN , ESN, ESPN2 and ESPNU on channels 206, 207, 208 and 209. Plus FS1 on ch. 219. Maybe it's because this year I didn't get the Sports Pak and the ACC network. They were up in the 600's and low 700's iirc.

Andrew Scaglione and Seth Goldberg for calling a spot-on exemplary game today. These two kids never let their focus drift away from the play-by-play action. Not once. No hearing about Nascar events coming up, or the NBA, or golf, or Dook or whatever. You heard who committed every foul, the foul totals...per man and team and facts about every player. They do their homework and know their stuff. They also spoke clearly and concisely. It's easy to tell that they love the Orange!
Since nothing is perfect, yes, I missed the video...but down here I have to live with the best Direct TV can give me. On Monday night I think I will mute the TV and let these two call the game w/o the usual ESPN off topic dribble. Good going kids. You do a great job.

I live in Syracuse and get almost all the games on TV, but I've been muting the TV sound and listening to the WAER broadcasts for years. I like their coverage.

I have no idea. I get ESPN , ESN, ESPN2 and ESPNU on channels 206, 207, 208 and 209. Plus FS1 on ch. 219. Maybe it's because this year I didn't get the Sports Pak and the ACC network. They were up in the 600's and low 700's iirc.

Yeah, it was on ESPN College Extra today. Channel 793. It's included in the Sports Pack

Go figure and it's on basic cable here in Cleveland with the ACC regional broadcast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom