Lack of offense seems to be the theme lately | Syracusefan.com

Lack of offense seems to be the theme lately

CaliCuse

All American
Beginning last basketball season and then switching to the Yankees and now to Shafer's version of football which means defense first and foremost. I will give you the defense is playing exceptionally well but the game includes both sides of the ball.Clemson's defense is exceptional including their feral DE who is much like Scott Freeney. Lasker had no chance against that guy after Hickey got dinged and left for a while.AJ showed hs freshman status and the support from the rest of the offense was lacking as well. Broyld started out like his presence would be a factor and the reverted to his role of The kid with the potential but never in the end-zone.

prince tyson,AAM, em and em, phillips. all quality backs imo. not really sure why we can't move the ball by land. gotta be blocking and the lack of deep threat?

I'd just like to say it - what the hell do the Yankees have to do with a lack of offense theme as it related to Syracuse athletics?

prince tyson,AAM, em and em, phillips. all quality backs imo. not really sure why we can't move the ball by land. gotta be blocking and the lack of deep threat?
he OL has been whacked by injuries so that bears a consideration. AJ is another dual threat QB who thinks he has more speed than reality shows. He is far more effective going to his right than left He simply doesn't have the strength to compensate for the going left and throwing ability. They rarely got to Ishmael and or Estime downfield. this team really needs another WR ho can stretch the field and an OL that allows the QB to find them and get the pass off before panic tuck and run shows up.

jekelish said:
I'd just like to say it - what the hell do the Yankees have to do with a lack of offense theme as it related to Syracuse athletics?

Pretty easy to see the theme he's talking about. Those are the 3 teams he follows. All lacking in offense.

Frozen said:
Or even, Dwight Freeney.

Don't they have a stud DE?

Last edited:
Don't they have a stud DE?
I think that was the point. Hikey barely contained him and Lasker couldn't come close The depth chart is showing McGloster as the backup LT. I presume he has the best chance of starting there next season ,unless someone else emerges astop man there. Who that might be is not in sight yet unless Denzel Wardmakes a statement in the spring. Omari Palmer is showing he is not quite ready yet for the full time job at guard That is disappointing as I thought he was making great progress in there It seems that if he is asked to double team on either side of him he loses his primary responsibility entirely. hasn't a major problem He just needs more coaching to help him out We will have some current red-shirts available next season e.g.Roberts and Ward as well as McGloster and then we have the new OL kids coming in and learning while they provide sideline support. e need better freshmen coming into the program. We have done well in quantity but less so in quality . This goes for both sides of the ball but defense once again gets the scale tipping in its favor Hender son Ellison Cullen and a few others I'm forgetting . BMOC for the offense are and Conway for the line and Dontae Strickland and West Lindor for the skill positions as they are referred to.

I think that was the point. Hikey barely contained him

Or, as Nate Mink put it:

Stock up:

Sean Hickey: The fifth-year senior left tackle drew Clemson defensive end Vic Beasley all game and helped limit him to just three tackles (one for loss).

Or, as Nate Mink put it:

Stock up:

Sean Hickey: The fifth-year senior left tackle drew Clemson defensive end Vic Beasley all game and helped limit him to just three tackles (one for loss).

Or, as Nate Mink put it:

Stock up:

Beasley had only two solo tackles and one assist. Great job by Hickey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom