laettner shot in '92 or tonite | Syracusefan.com

laettner shot in '92 or tonite

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Worst inbounds defense ever??

My god that was just embarassingly bad D by unc. How does roy let them inbound and bring it up so easy??

We had a similar situation in our acc tourny game against pitt. Pitt played full court D, didnt let our pg get the ball, forced a bad shot by cooney.

Based on the way unc played that possession heres what roy must have said in the huddle "ok fellas, we cant foul, so back off and give them an easy path up the court and make em hit an open 3. Oh and brice u stay under our basket and guard nobody. Ok break!"

My god that was just embarassingly bad D by unc. How does roy let them inbound and bring it up so easy??

We had a similar situation in our acc tourny game against pitt. Pitt played full court D, didnt let our pg get the ball, forced a bad shot by cooney.

Based on the way unc played that possession heres what roy must have said in the huddle "ok fellas, we cant foul, so back off and give them an easy path up the court and make em hit an open 3. Oh and brice u stay under our basket and guard nobody. Ok break!"
It wasn't well played...no one on Jenkins.
But in that same situation there's a certain team that may have sat back in a 2-3 zone and let them roll the ball up court.

That's easy, I don't hate Duke like I do UNC. Not even close.

Yeah, I saw Johnson on the replay. He looked like he was waiting for a bus.

While Jenkins shot won the title, Laettner's was more pressure-packed, as Duke was losing.

Honestly, Cooney's shot was probably about the same quality as jenkins'. The only real difference was that Cooney's dribbled into his, but it was a decent look because his man feel down. We were just made because he missed it and the lane was open.

Laettner's shot was in the Elite Eight, no comparison. Buzzer beater to win the National Championship wins hands down.

UNC played D as if there were 24 seconds left, not 4. They were all parked inside the arc. I don't understand that at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom