Lakeview Amphitheater | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lakeview Amphitheater

Had a friend that parked at the Oncenter for Journey (just for that he is no longer a friend of mine;)) then took the shuttle. Says it was very quick and easy. He was home in Liverpool in 30 minutes

Last edited:
if you want to use buses then have a plan , if you want people to park then have a plan, if you want people to park off site then have a plan. they dont have a any of the three things done even half way decently yet.

this isnt the first show the signage and lighting issues should have been dealt with.

moving the crowd out should have been thought thru when it was proposed

what they can do about 1 exit on to 690 is the same thing the state fair never bothered to figure out either

for all the complaints about parking around the dome they at least try to get the cars split apart

Had a friend that parked at the Oncenter for Journey (no longer a friend of mine) then took the shuttle. Says it was very quick and easy. He was home in Liverpool in 30 minutes
it was 45 from the seats to bus. 10-15 min from on the bus to the car. i also wonder how much the size of the crowds has varied. they only ran 1 bus to the on center at a time. so making it in 30 min means hitting the first bus. we spent more bus time in the parking lot than we did on the drive

how have the Lakeview bathrooms been for capacity crowds?

1 of the worst experiences ever were the SPAC 'bathrooms' for the Kid Rock / ZZ Top show a few years back. Vile porta-jons. They were disgusting. I could care less but for the females, not so good. SPAC has 2 real bathrooms, one all the way in back with lines a mile long and then there's one tucked down under the left side of the stage. Otherwise it's porta-jons and they don't do a real good job keeping them clean.

how have the Lakeview bathrooms been for capacity crowds?

1 of the worst experiences ever were the SPAC 'bathrooms' for the Kid Rock / ZZ Top show a few years back. Vile porta-jons. They were disgusting. I could care less but for the females, not so good. SPAC has 2 real bathrooms, one all the way in back with lines a mile long and then there's one tucked down under the left side of the stage. Otherwise it's porta-jons and they don't do a real good job keeping them clean.

I was at DMB and stationed along the lake side of the lawn. I believe Lakeview has the same setup as SPAC there where there is 1 building with restrooms way on the other side, so I never ventured over there. At the top of the bowl on that corner they had a large number of port-a-johns and the wait wasn't long at all. They were relatively clean for port-a-johns, but it was a cool night and early in the concert season. I imagine they were a little more ripe last night for ZBB.

I was at DMB and stationed along the lake side of the lawn. I believe Lakeview has the same setup as SPAC there where there is 1 building with restrooms way on the other side, so I never ventured over there. At the top of the bowl on that corner they had a large number of port-a-johns and the wait wasn't long at all. They were relatively clean for port-a-johns, but it was a cool night and early in the concert season. I imagine they were a little more ripe last night for ZBB.

Got in to the Porta-Johns myself without having to wait in line at Phish and like DMB they were pretty clean. I would imagine they clean them after every show (couple of shows)?

people have said SPAC is better? theyre out of their minds. what did they see/where did they sit? a pavilion seat is a pavilion seat but lawn seats at SPAC are horrible. there's no room, visibility is nil and the slope is steep.

SPAC charges $15 dollars for a 16oz craft beer.

facilities are limited? what facilities are they looking for?

Due to the outcry after the first few shows, they dropped beer prices from $14-16.50 down to $10-12. Bottled water went down from $6 to $5. The walk to get to the show is horrendous, at least for somebody as old as me. Took half an hour, literally, from the nearest lot. And they only have seating for 2500. When you had almost 20,000 for Phish, that meant 17,000 on the lawn using port-a-potties that numbered maybe 50, and had not been emptied or cleaned from the concert the night before. The view is great, but the staff is rude and it's just not worth the hassle.

It takes years to develop and implement traffic procedures for a new venue. It is always one of the last things that gets thought about until the first event happens and the problems present themselves.

It is the ticket holders first and last experience so it makes a huge impression on people. But no matter how much time you spend on it, getting 5000 cars in or out of a parking lot is going to take lots of time.

Again, all things considered, I feel that the first year for the Lakeview Amphitheatre is a success.

Well, this is a little different because it's at the State Fair, and we have been drawing 100,000 per day to the State Fair for what, 75 years? These are State Fair parking lots. They should know how to get the traffic in and out by now. One of the problems is that all the traffic staff went home before the end of the concert, so there was no one to direct the traffic properly.

Due to the outcry after the first few shows, they dropped beer prices from $14-16.50 down to $10-12. Bottled water went down from $6 to $5. The walk to get to the show is horrendous, at least for somebody as old as me. Took half an hour, literally, from the nearest lot. And they only have seating for 2500. When you had almost 20,000 for Phish, that meant 17,000 on the lawn using port-a-potties that numbered maybe 50, and had not been emptied or cleaned from the concert the night before. The view is great, but the staff is rude and it's just not worth the hassle.

good they dropped the prices. syracusans don't realize what the rest of us pay. $15/16 is normal for a good beer at SPAC and Mansfield.

I thought Lakeview pavilion capacity was 5,000. SPAC pavilion capacity is 5,000 and they put 20,000 on the lawn. It's so cramped at capacity its brutal.

Parking at SPAC is find but you still walk big distances and getting out of SPAC can be brutal. I've not gotten home from Phish and Tom Petty shows until 1am+ and I live 10 minutes away. (without after concert tailgating)

Last edited:

There were NO portajohns in the parking lot for DMB, and people started tailgating at 3 PM.

I P Freely and 5,000 of his friends were visiting the woods quite often.

good they dropped the prices. syracusans don't realize what the rest of us pay. $15/16 is normal for a good beer at SPAC and Mansfield.

I thought Lakeview pavilion capacity was 5,000. SPAC pavilion capacity is 5,000 and they put 20,000 on the lawn. It's so cramped at capacity its brutal.

Parking at SPAC is find but you still walk big distances and getting out of SPAC can be brutal. I've not gotten home from Phish and Tom Petty shows until 1am+ and I live 10 minutes away. (without after concert tailgating)

Yeah, I took my daughter to see Phish at SPAC a couple summers ago. Great show, but those bottlenecks getting across those 2 little bridges to get out of the ampitheater are a big problem. And you maybe forget, people in Syracuse don't earn as much as people who live in Albany, as a general rule. This is a dead broke town, if you don't work in education, healthcare or government.

There were NO portajohns in the parking lot for DMB, and people started tailgating at 3 PM.

I P Freely and 5,000 of his friends were visiting the woods quite often.

Problem with that is that landfill is still toxic waste. And not all of it has been covered over by vegetation.

holy christ, what a bunch of complainers. For God's sake, does the sun never rise in your world? I've been to 5 shows at the amphitheater - Miranda Lambert, Ringo Starr, Def Leopard, Journey & Breaking Benjamin. Had tickets to DMB but had to work out of town. Trying to get out of the parking lot definitely needs to be fixed but the shuttle bus got me there in about 20 minutes without having the hassle of driving. Shows during the fair will work out much better for transportation but for all those complaining about prices and traffic - you really need to get out there in the real world. Traffic is awful leaving SPAC and CMAC unless you leave early to rake leaves. And the toilets at Darien Lake are old as is the rest of the venue. SPAC seating is atrocious on the lawn and the sound sucks.

CMAC and The Amp are comparable. I wonder if people in Rochester bitched as much about CMAC as they do in Syracuse about the amp. Jesus

holy christ, what a bunch of complainers. For God's sake, does the sun never rise in your world? I've been to 5 shows at the amphitheater - Miranda Lambert, Ringo Starr, Def Leopard, Journey & Breaking Benjamin. Had tickets to DMB but had to work out of town. Trying to get out of the parking lot definitely needs to be fixed but the shuttle bus got me there in about 20 minutes without having the hassle of driving. Shows during the fair will work out much better for transportation but for all those complaining about prices and traffic - you really need to get out there in the real world. Traffic is awful leaving SPAC and CMAC unless you leave early to rake leaves. And the toilets at Darien Lake are old as is the rest of the venue. SPAC seating is atrocious on the lawn and the sound sucks.

CMAC and The Amp are comparable. I wonder if people in Rochester bitched as much about CMAC as they do in Syracuse about the amp. Jesus
Syracuse people are only happy if they can complain about something. It's their raison d'etre.

The shuttle is worth it. Went to DMB. Parked downtown and paid 2 bucks. No charge for return shuttle. There was a 30-40 minute wait for bus each time, but it was still better than driving.

Hopefully, the Amp folks will do something about the yellow dust that rises at night as people trudge back to the lots.

the shuttle was $4 this week round trip.. until they gave up since so many were trying to pay in cash they gave up and people just walked on. i talked with several people who

yeah. bad internet DSL does that to you sometimes..

I talked with a several groups that dropped off people then had one person go back and park and the rest road back for free after the show. since Centro didnt enforce the ticket policy people have already figured out how to scam it.

what they can do about 1 exit on to 690 is the same thing the state fair never bothered to figure out either
Egress to 690 is a DOT issue. The county would like to add another exit there but the state is not in a hurry to do anything.