Lawrence Phillips Dead | Syracusefan.com

Lawrence Phillips Dead

Sad deal. I didn't realize he was 40 yet but I guess the years have gone by.

He was a troubled person. Domestic abuse, trying to run over kids, allegedly killing his cell mate. Scary how a life can go so wrong

Deadspin, I think, published something on Phillips a couple of years ago and included some of the letters that he had been sending to his high school coach. He (and his coach) claimed that he had turned his life around in jail but had in the process become the target of a prison gang who were daily threatening his life. He had tried unsuccessfully, I believe, to get transferred elsewhere. I don't know if that was before or after he killed his cellmate.

He had issues all along, maybe it contributed, but this is just a bad apple.
Recall Tom Osborne going pretty far out of his way for Phillips.

He had issues all along, maybe it contributed, but this is just a bad apple.

Based on his actions he seems like he was a pretty terrible person but...he grew up in foster care and always had serious mental problems and nobody ever gave a crap about him until he was good in football and then his issues still weren't addressed but rather just swept under the rug...and once he wasn't good in football anymore, mostly nobody cared again so this outcome isn't suprising. Sad story all around, basically from beginning to end.

STEVEHOLT said:
this guy was an idiot from before he even got to college.

I agree. Bad kid.

Based on his actions he seems like he was a pretty terrible person but...he grew up in foster care and always had serious mental problems and nobody ever gave a crap about him until he was good in football and then his issues still weren't addressed but rather just swept under the rug...and once he wasn't good in football anymore, mostly nobody cared again so this outcome isn't suprising. Sad story all around, basically from beginning to end.
Sad story, sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom