Lax Action Today... | Syracusefan.com

Lax Action Today...

Questionable unsportsmanlike call against Navy gave Hop an EMO for the game winner.

Gonna be a long year for Hopkins. To many losses on D and Tinney's suspension

Questionable unsportsmanlike call against Navy gave Hop an EMO for the game winner.

I am a bit surprised that Rick Sowell has not turned around Navy's program yet. Perhaps they might be significantly improved this season? Maybe Hopkins sucks?

I am a bit surprised that Rick Sowell has not turned around Navy's program yet. Perhaps they might be significantly improved this season? Maybe Hopkins sucks?
They are not happy campers on their Laxpower thread, most were screaming for his head last year. Based on what's in the threads, there will be a lot of pressure on the AD to do something if they aren't in the PL championship game, IMO, because people are threatening to withhold money if they don't win and he isn't fired.

Alumni pressure forced out Richie Meade at Navy. Meade compiled a 169-120 (.585) record in 21 years as a head coach at the University of Baltimore and the Naval Academy, including a 142-97 (.589) record in 17 seasons at Navy. Over that period, he led Navy to five Patriot League regular- season and tournament titles and seven NCAA Tournaments, including an appearance in the NCAA National Championship game in 2004.Even if a legend has a few bad campaigns it can be challenging to replace him!
I thought Sowell's success at Stony Brook would translate to Navy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom