Lax Attendance Help | Syracusefan.com

Lax Attendance Help

UnknownOrange

2023 Cali Award Winner Points Scored
Hello All,

I'm an avid poster for football and I work in the ticket sales department here at SU. I wanted to reach out to you guys on this board because I have a question...

What groups/leagues/organizations/etc. should I reach out to for Syracuse Lax games?

Obviously I know to reach out to any groups who play lacrosse but I wasn't sure if there were specific groups or leagues I should be focusing on.

I appreciate any feedback and if you know any groups I should reach please let me know!!

All the best,
Dan Bartlett

Dan,

Start with the Upstate lacrosse association. They cover most of CNY pre-high school male and female lacrosse players. Most towns have their own organization that is affiliated with the ULA. I believe Rochester has the same set up with their RALL. Next, reach out to the Upstate and WNY chapters of the US Lacrosse Foundation. Then you can reach out to the various club teams in the area (Roadhawks, United, Upstate LC, Sweetlax, etc) and indoor centers (481 Sports, Jones Road, Ultimate Goal). Finally, how about the lacrosse specialty stores in the area? Lacrosse Unlimited in Dewitt and Pittsford, Sports Outfit in Camillus, Graph-Tex in Cortland. These stores have a massive reach within the lacrosse community and on social media. As I think of more ideas I will pass on.

One comment from your game day post on football board applied to lacrosse. In attending many mens and women's games over the past couple of years, it seems as if the women's games are more interactive with fans (especially youngsters). It would be great if the guys games included giveaways and trivia contests for the kids.

J

Dan,

Start with the Upstate lacrosse association. They cover most of CNY pre-high school male and female lacrosse players. Most towns have their own organization that is affiliated with the ULA. I believe Rochester has the same set up with their RALL. Next, reach out to the Upstate and WNY chapters of the US Lacrosse Foundation. Then you can reach out to the various club teams in the area (Roadhawks, United, Upstate LC, Sweetlax, etc) and indoor centers (481 Sports, Jones Road, Ultimate Goal). Finally, how about the lacrosse specialty stores in the area? Lacrosse Unlimited in Dewitt and Pittsford, Sports Outfit in Camillus, Graph-Tex in Cortland. These stores have a massive reach within the lacrosse community and on social media. As I think of more ideas I will pass on.

One comment from your game day post on football board applied to lacrosse. In attending many mens and women's games over the past couple of years, it seems as if the women's games are more interactive with fans (especially youngsters). It would be great if the guys games included giveaways and trivia contests for the kids.

J

I'd also suggest reaching out to other upstate towns like Albany and their clubs as well - http://united-lacrosse.com/team-united-albany/

I know there are a couple boys on my son's http://802lacrosse.com/ team that are SU lax fans (with dad's who went to SU). I'm not sure if they would make the drive to Syracuse, but it's worth a chance.

Just spitballin'.

Another good idea is to contact the Syracuse Stickmens club - the head is Tim McElroy and im sure you or someone else within teh admin offices knows of him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom