Laxpower Tournament Selection Probabilities | Syracusefan.com

Laxpower Tournament Selection Probabilities

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
http://www.laxpower.com/common/ncaa_selection_chances.php

For Men's Division I, Larry Feldman has used ratings percentage index (RPI), quality wins (QW), and strength of schedule (SOS) data from past years to model the probabilities that teams will make the tournament based on their standing on those indices.

upload_2016-5-2_9-32-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-2_9-29-48.png
    upload_2016-5-2_9-29-48.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 72
There 20 teams because this formula adds up the AQ percentage with At-large percentage. Thus teams like Penn State/Rutgers/Harvard move up.

Is the brown site on Saturday? If we won first round game and were in that pod

I truly hope we get that site
Could be a true road game at Brown...
Let's worry about Colgate and the first round game first.

That shows if Harvard wins Duke, UNC, Navy, and Hopkins are fighting for three spots. Between UNC and Hopkins UNC has a win over JHU and a recent win over ND.

Somebody needs to explain the strenght of schedule UMd is 1st, SU is 2oth. Common opponents, ND, Albany, UNC, Hopkins. They played Navy, SU played Army. Other than that its Big 10 vs ACC and UMd played Yale.

Who really thinks the Big 10 is better or that Yale is the difference between 1st and 20th.

Somebody needs to explain the strenght of schedule UMd is 1st, SU is 2oth. Common opponents, ND, Albany, UNC, Hopkins. They played Navy, SU played Army. Other than that its Big 10 vs ACC and UMd played Yale.

Who really thinks the Big 10 is better or that Yale is the difference between 1st and 20th.
I think SU's SOS is 10, not 20

RPI is pretty meaningless. Unfortunately, it's a big factor.

Harvard out.

Imagine we get Rutgers or Navy??

Hopkins??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors