Class of 2016 - LB Andrew Armstrong (OH) SIGNED LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Andrew Armstrong (OH) SIGNED LOI

I'm Youngstown born and raised, but moved away to go to cuse many years ago. Still gotta stay loyal to my hometown though. Great football played there. Especially at Cardinal Mooney, Ursuline HS, Warren Harding, etc.
My wife is from the Yo as well. Maybe even better football has been coached there.
Bob Stoops
Mike Stoops
Bo Pelini
Jim Tressel
Mark Mangino
Mark Dantonio
Mark Snyder
Mark Stoops
Carl Pelini
Tim Beck

My wife is from the Yo as well. Maybe even better football has been coached there.
Bob Stoops
Mike Stoops
Bo Pelini
Jim Tressel
Mark Mangino
Mark Dantonio
Mark Snyder
Mark Stoops
Carl Pelini
Tim Beck
It's crazy the coaches from Ytown. Somethings in the water I guess! :)

go orange good looking.gif

good news, a great first impression ma be hard to beat! Go Orange!

dino animated tumblr_nh7wdv17TS1s2wio8o1_500.gif

CuseOnly said:
Godzilla is not a dinosaur, he is a monster.

Gojira rocks. So does Dino

Last edited:
Wonder what his 40 time is...

Looks pretty solid to me too and if he's a kid athletic enough to play safety at the high school level who is going to bulk up to play LB, I like that as well. Also he played WR on offense so he has good hands and timing ability on the ball. Thinking as far as ability to make interceptions and also block passes.
Is he tall enough?

OrangeXtreme said:

Hope he realizes the scholarship could be gone by then.

Hope he realizes the scholarship could be gone by then.
It's a major life decision for these recruits so let him visit but I think he will be Cuse bound anyway.

Our history shows that the majority of our recruits commit during their visits.

I wouldn't be surprised if that continues.

Bob Stoops
Mike Stoops
Bo Pelini
Jim Tressel
Mark Mangino
Mark Dantonio
Mark Snyder
Mark Stoops
Carl Pelini
Tim Beck
And we can add our new coach to that list! :)

Jake said:
That's true for 99% of all schools.

True. That's why I worry when kids defer.

Just got around to watching Armstrong's highlight's, and have to say I came away extremely impressed. Actually, much more then I originally thought I would. The kid looks like he's a legit 6'2 210 right now. Give him a year or 2 in the Syracuse S&C program and he could easily get up to 230-240 with his frame. I was also really impressed with the quality of competition he seemed to be playing against. Those were legit football players he was out there dominating. As for what I liked...The kid plays with a mean streak. He could probably even be a pretty damn good TE if we wanted him to be. Talk about finishing off blocks. He was driving guys 15-20 yards off the LOS. I was also pretty surprised, and extremely impressed with his ability to make plays in space. I guess that's what you should expect when a kid is playing safety in HS, but having a OLB body is what made it so good. Great hips, good angles, good closing speed, and great tackler. Even on offense he had great body control, and great hands. Again, all of this was done against a high level of competition. This is a kid I really want to have on the team. Hopefully we can hold off Wake, and Cincinatti.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom