Class of 2015 - LB Anthony McKee Jr (OH) Verballed to Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Anthony McKee Jr (OH) Verballed to Pitt

Could be something, could be nothing. Somebody did mention that he is planning on visiting Cuse at the end of the month. McKee would be an absolute steal. The kid can absolutely fly. He'd be a perfect fit in our scheme.

Anthony Mckee Jr ‏@_xHeSuperSoLo 22m
Ima make a big announcement later on
1f440.png
1f442.png

Looks like he's transferring high schools.

@_xHeSuperSoLo · 12m
The announcement is me finishing my senior year at Marion Franklin High High School
1f4aa.png
1f440.png
1f44c.png
1f44f.png
1f44f.png

I feel like we have a good shot with this kid. We just got to get him to visit. Seems like our type of recruit, both in his play and what it seems he is looking for. Would love to get him.

Seems like he is waiting for Nebraska to offer, if they don't we have a shot IMO.

Appears we made Mckees' top ten.

Indiana (o)
Kentucky (o)
Michigan St (o)
Minnesota (o)
Oklahoma (o)
Pittsburgh (o)
Purdue (o)
Syracuse (o)
Tennessee (o)
Wisconsin (o)

Appears we made Mckees' top ten.

Indiana (o)
Kentucky (o)
Michigan St (o)
Minnesota (o)
Oklahoma (o)
Pittsburgh (o)
Purdue (o)
Syracuse (o)
Tennessee (o)
Wisconsin (o)

Would be a huge get.

If we can start picking off kids from MSU, Wisc, Oklahoma and Tenn...that's huge.

That top ten is alphabetical.

Gurus, any idea where we really stand? What are our chances at a visit here?

Any ideas how long McKee plans to extend his recruitment? Is this something he hopes to have determined before the beginning of his senior season? Or will this go right down to NSD? Or somewhere in between?

That top ten is alphabetical.

Gurus, any idea where we really stand? What are our chances at a visit here?

Any ideas how long McKee plans to extend his recruitment? Is this something he hopes to have determined before the beginning of his senior season? Or will this go right down to NSD? Or somewhere in between?
There's definitely over a 50% chance he visits. Whether we can land him is another story but you never know.

Would be a huge get.

If we can start picking off kids from MSU, Wisc, Oklahoma and Tenn...that's huge.

We already snagged two kids with Oklahoma offers last year ... plus pretty sure we have a pulled some with MSU offers too.

wfschrec said:
We already snagged two kids with Oklahoma offers last year ... plus pretty sure we have a pulled some with MSU offers too.

D.Kelly picked us over MSU this year...

Between last year's class and this year's potential class, it looks like Shafer will be unleashing the vaunted 2-7-2 defense!!

There's definitely over a 50% chance he visits. Whether we can land him is another story but you never know.

Any chance he comes for an unofficial this summer? Or is that 50% purely for an OV during the fall?

Any chance he comes for an unofficial this summer? Or is that 50% purely for an OV during the fall?

i believe he's looking at an unofficial sometime in august

newspaper article says that McKee initially reached out to Syracuse. He also puts Syracuse inside his 'top 5 or 7' schools. Sounds to me like he's pretty high on us.

Will be very tough to beat out MSU but I hope we can

I think we have a legit shot. Pretty confident we get him on campus sometime after coaches get back from vacation. That's all we can ask for, but with our success once we get kids on campus I wouldn't count us out. If the visit goes as well as I expect it will I have no doubt we could be a top 3 school for him.

Nice!

Now assuming we only take one more LB, what's the staffs preference? Fox or McKee?

Nice!

Now assuming we only take one more LB, what's the staffs preference? Fox or McKee?
If both wanted to come here we'd take both. I think Fox would be the preference just to make more waves in Jersey though. They both have excellent offer lists.