Class of 2015 - LB Anthony McKee Jr (OH) Verballed to Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Anthony McKee Jr (OH) Verballed to Pitt

I think Fox is pretty much out. We are in his top 5 but from what I saw this week, not in his top 3. McKee seems to love Mich St but he hasn't visited SU or others. Will be tough to get him but we have a decent chance if we get him on campus. Unless we miss out on a ton of kids I think we take 2 more LBs

From his twitter Gerald Robinson is visiting 7/28 and from their twitter conversation sounds like Henderson might visit that date also. It would be interesting if McKee visits that date too.

If both wanted to come here we'd take both. I think Fox would be the preference just to make more waves in Jersey though. They both have excellent offer lists.

But 5 LBs this year and 9 in the last 2? That seems kind of abusive positionally isn't it?

But 5 LBs this year and 9 in the last 2? That seems kind of abusive positionally isn't it?

Not if we're moving to a 3-4 most of the time. Then it would make perfect sense. Or if the staff likes to use excess LB's on specials, like Coker.

Not if we're moving to a 3-4 most of the time. Then it would make perfect sense. Or if the staff likes to use excess LB's on specials, like Coker.

Despite the conjecture that frequently takes place on these boards, i have never seen anything to indicate SU will go to a 3-4 base. The linebackers we recruit are kids with safety builds, and the defensive ends are built like big outside linebackers. You can't play a 3-4 without run pluggers. SU doesnt have many players on the roster that fit the profile, nor the coaches to show a preference toward that formation.

I think Shafer is recruiting big athletes that can play in space. Linebackers tend to have the best combination of size and speed for Shafer's approach. In addition, just playing in a more physical ACC requires more depth at the physical positions.

Nah we're not going to a base 3/4 but we'll have 3/4 lbs on the field depending on the package and as was stated most of the kids aren't traditional type backers. these are also the type of kids they like to fill specials teams with - Schaf actually has a word for the body type, I forget what he calls it, but he's said it before and thats what he likes to have on specials. Lastly, the bench mark is probably 9-12 lbs on a roster for depth.

Heres what i think, I think they'll go all in with one of Fox or McKee and if they miss that's fine, the LB needs have already been taken care of. They're recruiting those two from a position of strength. They can give their best shot with no worry about missing out.

Last edited:
We lost 4 LBs last year and are losing another 3-5 this year. It's a need for sure

We lost 4 LBs last year and are losing another 3-5 this year. It's a need for sure
You're not lying. Our two oldest linebackers in 2015 will be Vigille and Alyrk Perry.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m
Heard from 4-star LB Anthony McKee today. Said Syracuse is still in the mix. Planning an official visit this fall.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 6m
McKee said he'll visit Michigan State on Aug. 6. He listed MSU as the one school definitely ahead of SU 3 weeks ago: http://bit.ly/1oHJHnq

Stephen Bailey@Stephen_Bailey1 · 8m
And as he said before, McKee does not have a timetable for his decision.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m
Heard from 4-star LB Anthony McKee today. Said Syracuse is still in the mix. Planning an official visit this fall.

If we get 1 of the officials we're in the mix.

We've had a knack for edging out MSU as of late for recruits, lets see if we can work some magic now.

Anthony Mckee Jr‏@_xHeSuperSoLo 7m
Omw to Michigan State
1f4aa.png
1f3c8.png
#D1LifeStyle

The new recruiting guy at Nunes, I think we all know him , just Tweeted that it sounds like McKee may have committed to MSU on his visit today. If true, onward and upward

The new recruiting guy at Nunes, I think we all know him , just Tweeted that it sounds like McKee may have committed to MSU on his visit today. If true, onward and upward
Not sure if he's actually committed yet but some MSU fans believe two linebackers committed on their visit today, one publicly announced and the other hasn't yet, hence why I'm expecting it to be McKee. He definitely had them at the top of his list going into the visit.

What...we know this guy...

Nunes Recruiting‏@NunesRecruiting 8h
It was a long shot for Syracuse to land 2015 LB Anthony McKee, it’s sounding like MSU might have received his commit while visiting today

Its ok.

We'll get top linebacker recruits once thomas, zaire, moskal etc. turn us into linebacker U. F psu. Helps to have vets like lynch and davis too.. Not to mention the class of '15. I hope we lay the hurt on.

Rvls isn't reporting that McKee committed, so he hasn't publicly at least.

Its ok.

We'll get top linebacker recruits once thomas, zaire, moskal etc. turn us into linebacker U. F psu. Helps to have vets like lynch and davis too.. Not to mention the class of '15. I hope we lay the hurt on.

Don't forget about Shy. Dude looks like a finely tuned athletic machine.

He's in the class of 15 already. Don't see bam letting him slip into '16.
I think he meant he's already in the fold, so he is already part of the next tradition for our version of LB U.