Class of 2016 - LB Devin Miller (GA) Verbal to Hutchinson CC JUCO | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Devin Miller (GA) Verbal to Hutchinson CC JUCO

Interesting decision. ...academics obviously?

He says that he'll be playing in Kansas for his "first year".

Maybe his offers dried up. If he's a full qualifier, he can attend a JUCO for 1 year and transfer to a D1 school for 2017.

We keep banging that drum but remember these kids are scrambling late to find a slot and the fact is that UConn went 6-6 during the year and beat Houston. Mass put up nearly 500 yards of offense on ND who was only up 1 on UMass with 6 mins to play in the first half before UMass self destructed and ND ran them off the field. Devin Miller wasn't yet qualified but Sugar Hill is a nice area to get into ... that frosh starting left tackle from Clemson (Hyatt) is from Sugar Hill and will be an All American when its all over. Sometimes its about trying to also make head way into a program ... which is the argument around why Riggins was signed out of AQ.

If these kids were good enough, they'd be finding better homes. There are enough schools out there with scholarships available.

Also, while it is nice to get in with big-time programs, the new staff is also doing that with some of these prospects. The Walton kid is from the biggest football school in Detroit. A couple of the FL kids are from big schools too. And I think they are a little higher ranked than the ones who moved on when the new staff took over.

Last edited:
If these kids were good enough, they'd be finding better homes. There are enough schools out there with scholarships available.

Also, while it is nice to get in with big-time programs, the new staff is also doing that with some of these prospects. The Walton kid is from the biggest football school in Detroit. A couple of the FL kids are from big schools too. And I think they are a little higher ranked than the ones who moved on when the new staff took over.

Right because schools from the MAC or AAC don't put out talent. They might be good or they might be bad but I don't think we should base that on where they end up ... Brouse was a PA 33 game selection and is no slouch and DeGeorge was ranked #1 in Mass at his position ... I think judgement should be reserved until they actually set foot on the football field at the college level. Didn't we just snag a couple kids from BG and FAU ... they must suck right since they are just MAC level players for all intents and purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom