Class of 2015 - LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall

Hale and George are the only two that stand out to me. Simmons and Sloan now get their chance. Everyone else is a front line player and I hope they're all back.

Raymond is a ??? because of his leg. I don't expect to see him this season, and I hope he's able to contribute in 2015, but it's too early to tell.

Hale and George are the only two that stand out to me. Simmons and Sloan now get their chance. Everyone else is a front line player and I hope they're all back.

With Hofrichter coming in the fold for 2015, I could see Dixon not being kept on scholarship after this season.

With Hofrichter coming in the fold for 2015, I could see Dixon not being kept on scholarship after this season.

Dixon is one of the best punters in the ACC, and has to be one of the best in the nation. He isn't going anywhere.

It's tough to speculate on guys who are still on the team, but I could see 3 out of that list who could possibly take their scholarship and move on. Raymon definitely isn't 1.

anomander said:
Dixon is one of the best punters in the ACC, and has to be one of the best in the nation. He isn't going anywhere. It's tough to speculate on guys who are still on the team, but I could see 3 out of that list who could possibly take their scholarship and move on. Raymon definitely isn't 1.

Vigille, Hale, Sloan would be my guesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vigille is in the two deep and has gotten some run, especially on specials. I see him being a 5 year player. plus we need quality veteran depth if we're going to move forward. Good quality 5th year seniors can make a huge difference.

Raymon isn't going anywhere unless he's deemed medically unable to play. They would never tell him to walk.

Sloan is in the doghouse right now but hasn't gotten a chance yet. He's young, he'll be given a solid opportunity to make an impact. You don't run off 320 lb dts and none of the 'under the radar' DT newbies have done anything yet.

Vigille is in the two deep and has gotten some run, especially on specials. I see him being a 5 year player. plus we need quality veteran depth if we're going to move forward. Good quality 5th year seniors can make a huge difference.

Raymon isn't going anywhere unless he's deemed medically unable to play. They would never tell him to walk.

Sloan is in the doghouse right now but hasn't gotten a chance yet. He's young, he'll be given a solid opportunity to make an impact. You don't run off 320 lb dts and none of the 'under the radar' DT newbies have done anything yet.

My only thought is that Sloan's not in the doghouse just right now, he's been in it for most of his career.

My only thought is that Sloan's not in the doghouse just right now, he's been in it for most of his career.

Too bad too I thought he was one of the standouts in the 2013 Spring Game against the starting OL.

If I recall weight has been a problem, especially since his knee injury. I believe he was inactive a good part of last year for not hitting targeted weight limits.

Doyle Grimes‏@MealTicket__ 8h
Staying at southdade for my Senior year
1f3c8.png
1f535.png
26ab.png
1f44c.png

No transfer to Champagnat.

Those are great numbers among very quality competition. I'm liking Grimes more and more.

gocraz4dasu said:
Those are great numbers among very quality competition. I'm liking Grimes more and more.

Remember when we were all amped to get one or two under-the-radar FL kids? Now we are getting 4-5. That could be a big deal in a couple of years, I think.

He just couldn't resist this guy:

huckleberry.jpg

Could you really say no?

Another talented LB, awesome. Welcome to the Hill Mr. Grimes!

Doyle Grimes‏@MealTicket__ 22m
Cincinnati Offered God just keep blessing Me ! #BearCats
Our commits should take the Calvinist approach. One meal ticket to heaven is all you need concern yourself with, because very few receive them. :D

Funderburke
Eskridge
Vigille
Hunt
Hale
George
Raymond
Simmons
Trudo
Robinson
Foy
Dixon
Sloan

I can see a few departures in the bunch.
Clearly a few will go from this list. I can see Hunt staying unless he has a spectaclear year.Eskridge is gone along withTrudo. We have "the next man up" with all of these kids.