Class of 2015 - LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall

Guess the Marshall visit WOWED him...lol

kids commit all the time without visiting. Hodge and Paris both did before ever stepping foot on campus.

Anyhow, I'll take Fox and/or McKee in a heartbeat. The positive is that things like this might help us address other needs or other players if we let him go.

Yup no real surprise here, when you have 22 or 23 commits before the season even starts a few are going to Decommit for sure.

Yup no real surprise here, when you have 22 or 23 commits before the season even starts a few are going to Decommit for sure.
Is this the kid who has a brother that plays for Miami?

If so, I never felt secure about his verbal.

kids commit all the time without visiting. Hodge and Paris both did before ever stepping foot on campus.

Anyhow, I'll take Fox and/or McKee in a heartbeat. The positive is that things like this might help us address other needs or other players if we let him go.

Agreed--let's get Fox, and this will be a great linebacker haul, even without Grimes.

Bummer. I thought this guy would be a big time player for us.

Relax. He's still considering us.

If Bam is right and he decommitted from us without even talking to the coaches first you gotta believe that stings us pretty good. Doesn't me we wouldn't still take him, but it certainly won't be as easy if he does decide this is where he wants to be long term.

If Bam is right and he decommitted from us without even talking to the coaches first you gotta believe that stings us pretty good. Doesn't me we wouldn't still take him, but it certainly won't be as easy if he does decide this is where he wants to be long term.
The P-S article said he talked to the coaches.

According to an interview I read he said he tried to call and couldn't reach them so he texted them and the posted on twitter... Maybe they texted back and forth... I hope that's the case.

When I told shy he decommited shy wasn't surprised said he didn't really get involved in the group chats like a lot of the other recruits do. There is a core group of the 15 recruits that group chat a lot... Then there is a few that don't really do much of it.

When I told shy he decommited shy wasn't surprised said he didn't really get involved in the group chats like a lot of the other recruits do. There is a core group of the 15 recruits that group chat a lot... Then there is a few that don't really do much of it.

Well Evan Adams is like Chris Slayton and doesn't tweet. You can tell from their twitter who are the more outgoing members of the class. Not everyone in a group is as social as the other members.

According to an interview I read he said he tried to call and couldn't reach them so he texted them and the posted on twitter... Maybe they texted back and forth... I hope that's the case.
When Grimes informed the SU coaching staff of his decision to decommit before tweeting it out Monday morning, he said they were understanding.

"They just told me that they're still high on me," Grimes said. "They still want me. They still want me to be a part of the Syracuse family, but understood where I was coming from."

I'm pretty relaxed bnoro considering i a) forgot about him de-committing until i logged on this morning and b) dont care one way or the other if he signs with us.

Glad to see a huge chunk of the class is already banding together. It will only help them more next year when the time comes for them to fight their way onto the field.

Well Evan Adams is like Chris Slayton and doesn't tweet. You can tell from their twitter who are the more outgoing members of the class. Not everyone in a group is as social as the other members.
Slayton is on twitter, can't believe you didn't know that! :eek:

Andre Fernandez ‏@AndreMHsports 9h
Doyle Grimes picks up a fumble and goes 72 yards for a TD. South Dade just iced it. 23-14 lead with 2:31 left. 4th. @HeraldSports

Close

• 3:22 PM - 19 Oct 2014
    1⃣‏@MealTicket__ Oct 19
    Syracuse "
    1f44c.png