Class of 2015 - LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall

1⃣ retweeted
Antwan Cordy‏@CORDYKID1 5h5 hours ago
@MealTicket__
1f4af.png
can't wait to you get up here bro

1⃣ @MealTicket__ · 7h 7 hours ago
Can't wait to visit Syracuse !

Why would he decommit? Doesn't seem like he's giving much love to any other schools... Weird.

We always felt he committed to us when he did to save a spot and wasn't sure yet. When he decommitted he didn't rule us out, but something made him doubt it enough to call it off. When he visits I wouldn't be surprised if he recommits. Then again I'd also be unsurprised if he doesn't come back around in the end

I think, depending on other offers, that if he makes it up for the visit that he recommits. This is based on no first hand knowledge whatsoever.

They may be 8-0 but there not ranked in new playoff poll...They don't play anyone either...

Grimes is no biggie. Not every 'under the radar' florida kid is a good prospect. we have other bigger fish backers interested in us and needs have also shifted.

if he's heard from again at Marshall i'll eat crow.

Lets not get it confused. We wanted him as of October 19, 2014. He's going elsewhere. As of now, we don't know the exact reason but the current information available is we got beat for this kid by Marshall. Hard to swallow but it is what it is.

Louie and Bouie said:
Lets not get it confused. We wanted him as of October 19, 2014. He's going elsewhere. As of now, we don't know the exact reason but the current information available is we got beat for this kid by Marshall. Hard to swallow but it is what it is.

Feel bad. Feel very bad.

I'm really not that shaken up about this one. Was his primary recruiter McDonald?

It sucks to lose a recruit to Marshall but I was never really too amped about him. I was beginning to like the thought of him because he has put up some solid numbers against solid competition but he's not irreplaceable in the slightest.

I think we pushed him to make his first decision, saw Marshall (vs not seeing us at all) and decommitted. Then starts tweeting about us again, Marshall pushes for a commitment... Next? If he gets on campus, I wouldn't doubt another switch.

I thought that Grimes was orignally a Marshall commit BEFORE he committed to SU. Wasn't that the case?

I thought that Grimes was orignally a Marshall commit BEFORE he committed to SU. Wasn't that the case?
Don't believe so, but he did visit there while he was committed to us so there was always interest

I think we pushed him to make his first decision, saw Marshall (vs not seeing us at all) and decommitted. Then starts tweeting about us again, Marshall pushes for a commitment... Next? If he gets on campus, I wouldn't doubt another switch.
I know of no specifics with Grimes but Marshall has historically been a place athletes with poor academics gravitate to. I have to believe it is a far easier school to get accepted at than Syracuse. I wonder if he really wants to play immediately and decided to jump on the Marshall offer to ensure he has that opportunity.

Maybe if he finishes his schoolwork in HS well, he can open up more attractive options for college?