Class of 2015 - LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/2013/10/on-the-radar-week-seven/

2015 – Doyle Grimes, LB, 6-2, 210, South Dade:
Remember this name. This may very well be the best linebacker in south Florida when the junior class is sorted out and all the talent is examined. Grimes is a true playmaker who has the size, speed and overall athletic ability to dominate. This is someone who survives on his athletic ability and passion for the game. Ask anyone who plays with him – or against him – how much of an impact he will make over the next two years. They will all tell you that this a prospect to watch closely.

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/2013/10/on-the-radar-week-seven/

2015 – Doyle Grimes, LB, 6-2, 210, South Dade:
Remember this name. This may very well be the best linebacker in south Florida when the junior class is sorted out and all the talent is examined. Grimes is a true playmaker who has the size, speed and overall athletic ability to dominate. This is someone who survives on his athletic ability and passion for the game. Ask anyone who plays with him – or against him – how much of an impact he will make over the next two years. They will all tell you that this a prospect to watch closely.

Watched his tape. Great speed, tenacious as hell and always seems to find the ball. Very nice addition, and is going to enroll early.

It's easy to think that we're settling for mediocrity until you actually look into each of these recruits and go deeper than the mix tapes and highlight videos posted here. We have a few extremely talented kids that fit well with our system. I have a great feeling about several of these recruits. What makes me feel even better about this class is the continued recruiting out of the deep southeast and the reclaiming of lost territory in New England and New Jersey.

This class is not just important for 2015, no it's much bigger than that. This class is helping us further cement ties we already had with programs and states, and rebuild/build new ones with others.

Trueblue25 said:
It's easy to think that we're settling for mediocrity until you actually look into each of these recruits and go deeper than the mix tapes and highlight videos posted here. We have a few extremely talented kids that fit well with our system. I have a great feeling about several of these recruits. What makes me feel even better about this class is the continued recruiting out of the deep southeast and the reclaiming of lost territory in New England and New Jersey. This class is not just important for 2015, no it's much bigger than that. This class is helping us further cement ties we already had with programs and states, and rebuild/build new ones with others.

Also, the coaches wouldn't settle for mediocrity in early July. They obviously like these guys a lot.

I'm worried that if Miami offers he's gone.

There is an interview where he says he really liked Oregon growing up, 'cause of the jerseys ;). And also mentions Texas and Alabama.

I'm worried that if Miami offers he's gone.

If he's going to be an early enrollee, I have to think his mind is more than well made up to join the Orange at this point. Yes things could change, but I have a hard time believing he'd flip with just an additional offer if he really plans to be an early enrollee.

I can't wait to see how this staff does after getting athletes like this over time. Welcome to the Hill Mr. Grimes!

There is an interview where he says he really liked Oregon growing up, 'cause of the jerseys ;). And also mentions Texas and Alabama.
If he's going to be an early enrollee, I have to think his mind is more than well made up to join the Orange at this point. Yes things could change, but I have a hard time believing he'd flip with just an additional offer if he really plans to be an early enrollee.
In the article posted above, it mentions that his brother plays for Miami and it's been a dream for both to play together. To date he has no offer from Miami. I hope it stays that way.

In the article posted above, it mentions that his brother plays for Miami and it's been a dream for both to play together. To date he has no offer from Miami. I hope it stays that way.
I hope that he is 100 % syracuse. Maybe the playing time is a factor to him and the degree. I have a feeling from my time with miami's recruiter coach barrows is the have a few priority targets and kids like shy and grimes who they feel they can sway later because of boyhood dreams they are sitting on offering them so they won't give up the chance for their prime targets. Of course from looking at their forum they only have 1 linebacker slot open they told me they are only taking 2 this season so the kid may know he was a long shot

Early enrollee, too. Score.

How many early enrollees can we backdate to last year's class? With Long, Williams and Cooper enrolling early and Dawson. Prater, and K.J. coming late seems like we may have room for more than a couple of backdates in this class.

It might be better off for both Grimes and Shy that Miami doesn't offer. They both seem to be prototypical fits in Shafer/Bullough's blitz heavy defense. If I was a recruit other then the weight of the degree from that school I would be looking at which defensive scheme best fits my style of play. Both Grimes and Shy are athletic, fast, aggressive, but undersized LB's. They would fit much better into Syracuse's blitz heavy defense

It might be better off for both Grimes and Shy that Miami doesn't offer. They both seem to be prototypical fits in Shafer/Bullough's blitz heavy defense. If I was a recruit other then the weight of the degree from that school I would be looking at which defensive scheme best fits my style of play. Both Grimes and Shy are athletic, fast, aggressive, but undersized LB's. They would fit much better into Syracuse's blitz heavy defense

I think this about sums up the main and heaviest point, opportunity for success.. and well, opportunity for opportunity.

Shy and Grimes will each have better shots at getting on the field with a more suitable defense with Syracuse.

Shy is not going to Miami, regardless. Right, Bam? Right?
Lol no shy is definitely going to syracuse. For 100 reasons plus the one he just outlined. We definitely want shy playing in a defense that blitzes a lot. All though we work on all the other aspects of the linebacker game we feel a large number of qb sacks and sacks for loss will be what gets shy noticed in college. I can't wait to hear the noise in the dome when shy starts breaking qb arms. And that is the same reason grimes should not be looking anywhere else either.

In what way is Grimes undersized? He's 6'2" I don't think that's in any way undersized. If you're talking about wieght they don't want there LBs to bulky so you using that term isn't accurate. Most schools are going with safety like LBs now.