Class of 2015 - LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall

In what way is Grimes undersized? He's 6'2" I don't think that's in any way undersized. If you're talking about wieght they don't want there LBs to bulky so you using that term isn't accurate. Most schools are going with safety like LBs now.
I figured that's what he meant I don't think either is under sized thought is expect a couple inches and a good 20 lbs more on both over the next couple years... But I think that's why he said their current size is good for what syracuse defense does with those backers... Some schools still use those 250 lb slow backers... Like miami

Grimes will be playing at 225 by the time he's a soph/jr

In what way is Grimes undersized? He's 6'2" I don't think that's in any way undersized. If you're talking about wieght they don't want there LBs to bulky so you using that term isn't accurate. Most schools are going with safety like LBs now.

The B10 rarely recruits HS LB's under 6'2 230. Same with the SEC unless you run in the low 4.4's. Schools like ND,FSU, USC, UCLA, and any other school that runs a 3-4 base don't recruit smaller LB's either.

The B10 rarely recruits HS LB's under 6'2 230. Same with the SEC unless you run in the low 4.4's. Schools like ND,FSU, USC, UCLA, and any other school that runs a 3-4 base don't recruit smaller LB's either.
Have to disagree with you Anomander. I checked commits from OSU,PSU,FSU, and Clemson I only say one LB at 2230 and that was a PSU MLB. The rest were all 220 or less. Most in the 210-215 range just like SU. Is recruiting.

Have to disagree with you Anomander. I checked commits from OSU,PSU,FSU, and Clemson I only say one LB at 2230 and that was a PSU MLB. The rest were all 220 or less. Most in the 210-215 range just like SU. Is recruiting.

I think this is a recent change as B1G and SEC defenses are having to evolve somewhat due to the proliferation of the spread/hurry up offenses.

LB's are having to cover more space and guys that used to be recruited as strong safeties are now playing OLB more and more.

As an example the B1G used to be a 3 yards and a cloud of dust league. That has changed in the past 10 years as teams like OSU have changed offensive philosophies and their big boys have gotten creamed in Bowl games against the SEC/ACC/Big12/Pac12 high octane offenses.

Looks like two LB spots opened up at Miami. Two kids might have just been kicked off the team.

Looks like two LB spots opened up at Miami. Two kids might have just been kicked off the team.

"We'd like you to come play for us, two of our LB's were just booted off the team for drugging and raping a girl."

I have to think we have an advantage over that, even if it is The U.

"We'd like you to come play for us, two of our LB's were just booted off the team for drugging and raping a girl."

I have to think we have an advantage over that, even if it is The U.

One would think but you never know what is running through people's heads sometimes

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 48s
Syracuse C/O 2015 LB Doyle Grimes. RT @MealTicket__: Graduating early falling off in college in January boys better boss up!
1f4bc.png
1f454.png

Unless we still take KJ in january.

bnoro with Custis getting KJ's number wouldn't that make it seem we have moved on... I ask you this as you are plugged in, and in no way as a response to your answer to this question.

bnoro with Custis getting KJ's number wouldn't that make it seem we have moved on... I ask you this as you are plugged in, and in no way as a response to your answer to this question.
We'll have to see what happens, but KJ not being here right now gives Custis his number. You can't judge anything on that since we're not going to hold a number for someone who didn't make it.

I my quick count is right we can backdate at least 6 kids.
Six...really? I hope you're right. How did you come up with six?

That might explain why we're sitting at 23 already and still recruiting others.

I my quick count is right we can backdate at least 6 kids.

Assuming that AJ, CC, and WW were backdated towards the 2013 class, we could count 6 Jan 2015 enrollees towards 2014: Dawson, Prater, KJ, Grimes, and two more.

However, since we won't have room for 31 kids under the 85 player cap, it's moot. There are only 22 Seniors graduating. There might be a few more departures, but not that many.

Last edited:
How many seniors (RSJRs) do we have that still have a 5th year of eligibility after this season?

some may take degrees if they aren't near top of the depth chart or are near the top and want to take their shot at the NFL

How many seniors (RSJRs) do we have that still have a 5th year of eligibility after this season?

some may take degrees if they aren't near top of the depth chart or are near the top and want to take their shot at the NFL

Funderburke
Eskridge
Vigille
Hunt
Hale
George
Raymond
Simmons
Trudo
Robinson
Foy
Dixon
Sloan

I can see a few departures in the bunch.

Pretty positive there will be at least one player with eligibility left not getting a 5th year.

Pretty positive there will be at least one player with eligibility left not getting a 5th year.
If I had to venture a guess, if Esk has a solid/healthy season that he enters the draft early.

If I had to venture a guess, if Esk has a solid/healthy season that he enters the draft early.

Definitely. Barring any terrible injury i already consider this his last season.

Plus out of the list OrangeExtreme posted I have no doubt there will be a couple taking their degree. The more we look at it it's easier to see where all the 2015 class scholarships are coming from.

Hale and George are the only two that stand out to me. Simmons and Sloan now get their chance. Everyone else is a front line player and I hope they're all back.