Class of 2016 - DL Joel Dublanko (WA) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DL Joel Dublanko (WA)

jekelish

Living Legend
We haven't offered Joel. Hopefully that's going to change.

6-3, one site has him listed at 266 but he's probably closer to 240-245 right now from what I've seen. He's probably going to grow into a DL eventually.

He's also rated as a 4-star prospect, and he's very close friends with Robert Washington. And he wants a Syracuse offer.

Please, for the love of god, Syracuse coaching staff. Offer this kid. I'm begging you.

We haven't offered Joel. Hopefully that's going to change.

6-3, one site has him listed at 266 but he's probably closer to 240-245 right now from what I've seen. He's probably going to grow into a DL eventually.

He's also rated as a 4-star prospect, and he's very close friends with Robert Washington. And he wants a Syracuse offer.

Please, for the love of god, Syracuse coaching staff. Offer this kid. I'm begging you.

JK, any perspective on how this kid came onto our radar? Is it the Washington connection? Does he have some other tie to the program?

Hindy notwithstanding, the state of Washington isn't exactly where we draw many prospects--I'm just curious about how this came about.

***And also, have you passed this info along to Eric White or Acosta?

JK, any perspective on how this kid came onto our radar? Is it the Washington connection? Does he have some other tie to the program?

Hindy notwithstanding, the state of Washington isn't exactly where we draw many prospects--I'm just curious about how this came about.

***And also, have you passed this info along to Eric White or Acosta?
It's definitely the Washington connection. He's very good friends with Robert. Played Team USA with him.

The coaches are aware of him, but still haven't offered. I'm sure they have their reasons. I'm just trying to figure out what they could be. The rumor I've heard now is that they aren't convinced he'd be willing to go across the country for college, but I'm assured that he would.

It's definitely the Washington connection. He's very good friends with Robert. Played Team USA with him.

The coaches are aware of him, but still haven't offered. I'm sure they have their reasons. I'm just trying to figure out what they could be. The rumor I've heard now is that they aren't convinced he'd be willing to go across the country for college, but I'm assured that he would.

What does that matter? We are in no position to turn down talent. Offer the kid and let him decide don't make the decision for him.

phil77 said:
What does that matter? We are in no position to turn down talent. Offer the kid and let him decide don't make the decision for him.

The danger is what happened with Haskins - the possibility that one of our other kids sees us offer and decides they were our 2nd choice...

I can see their hesitation recruiting Washington for 1 kid. Pretty much same reason they're not going after the Texas kids too hard. I'd be willing to bet they feel they are longshots to get the kids, and it's a long way to travel just to keep your top recruit happy.

I can see their hesitation recruiting Washington for 1 kid. Pretty much same reason they're not going after the Texas kids too hard. I'd be willing to bet they feel they are longshots to get the kids, and it's a long way to travel just to keep your top recruit happy.
Well, I can see them thinking the Maydens are a tough sell. But I can tell you that Dublanko is very, very interested in Syracuse. That's a fact.

But, we did just that last year with Dungey.

Well, I can see them thinking the Maydens are a tough sell. But I can tell you that Dublanko is very, very interested in Syracuse. That's a fact.
Have you told this to E White, etc? Btw you're doing great work on Twitter!

He is also a connection to the Texas kids from Team USA, it doesn't hurt to offer a kid with those kind of connections. He might surprise, and commit, and others might decide to do the same.

Have you told this to E White, etc? Btw you're doing great work on Twitter!
I haven't. Honestly, I figure if the coaches haven't offered a kid...they probably have their reasons. I'm just having a harder time than usual figuring out what it might be in this case. But I tend to defer to them, while thinking, "Okay, we could have had this kid, and now if he goes and blows up at Stanford we're going to look foolish."

He is also a connection to the Texas kids from Team USA, it doesn't hurt to offer a kid with those kind of connections. He might surprise, and commit, and others might decide to do the same.
Based on a conversation I just had it would not surprise me at all if we were able to get him to commit upon offering him and getting him out for a visit. Again, he's very interested in Syracuse right now.

And again - I defer to the coaches. But I'd still be curious to hear what their hesitation is.

Plus, isn't recruiting actually selling the school? Sell this kid why he should come across country to attend SU. If he wants to listen and wants the offers, half the battle is already won.

Tell us again where that Q.B. from out West was? Why is he the only one interested from way out there in alien country.

jekelish said:
Based on a conversation I just had it would not surprise me at all if we were able to get him to commit upon offering him and getting him out for a visit. Again, he's very interested in Syracuse right now. And again - I defer to the coaches. But I'd still be curious to hear what their hesitation is.

Can he play DE? He doesn't seem to fit the prototype for the LB's we tend to recruit, but just looking at numbers has DE size.

It's a totally different ball game if the kid is resdy to commit on the spot. In that case then I agree, offer him. That was the case with Dungey last year. They were confident they could eventually get him. Plus it was at a critical position.

Yeah this perplexes me. Unless they do not think he is good enough, or a fit for the system, there is no reason not to offer. Its a 5min phone call from a coach to extend an offer and introduce yourself. Its not like the time investment is substantial at this stage in the recruitment, simply gage the kids interest and cross any other bridges down the road when you come to them.

I always try and to remind myself that when you draw conclusions you limit your potential options. I hope the staff is not doing this right now.

For some reason SU's staff just wants to "Stay Away", although I'd prefer they offer Joel and tell him to "Come As You Are".