Class of 2016 - LB Jonathan Jones (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Jonathan Jones (FL) Offered

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2015/05/06/jones-preparing-for-future/

Jones Preparing For Future

Author: Matt Freeman

May 6, 2015

2016 linebacker Jonathan Jones stars at Oak Ridge High School (Fla.) and is enjoying the start of spring ball.

“We just started spring ball, so we have been getting after it,” Jones told Irish Sports Daily. “I just came from practice not too long ago, but it wasn’t the greatest practice. It’s only the second day of pads and we will get it right.

“We will be fine for this coming season. We need to continue to work hard and stay in the weight room. We will need to push ourselves to the highest limit we can go.”

Jones has really started to blow up on the recruiting trail this spring with a very productive junior campaign. The three-star prospect currently holds offers from around 20 schools including Duke, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, South Carolina and West Virginia.

“Last year, I had 115 tackles, two forced fumbles, five deflections, one field goal block and 10 sacks. I was trying to get after it. It all comes back to God’s grace. He has blessed me.”

Notre Dame has taken notice of the 6-foot-1, 215-pounder and was in to see Jones this week.

“Coach Autry Denson came by this week to see me and he has been asking my coach about me. He wanted to know what type of person I was, height, weight and all that stuff. He finally came down and talked to my coaches. They said he really liked me.

“Notre Dame would most definitely be a school I would have interest in,” stated Jones. “It’s Notre Dame. The top thing for me is education and Notre Dame is at the top for education. A Notre Dame degree is a huge thing on a resume. They have a great following and a ton of history behind the program too.”

Jones understands the prestige of the Notre Dame degree, but he also wants to major in Business. With the number one Business school in the country, the Irish have something that Jones can find value in.

“Right now, I really want to major in Business,” he said. “Business is a broad subject, but I am not sure what area I want study yet.”

The Florida native has been out on a few local visits this spring, but this summer he plans to venture out of his region. Notre Dame and Michigan are possible destinations for an unofficial visit if he decides to come to the Midwest.

“This spring I have been up to Florida State and Florida,” said Jones. “Those are right by the house, so I have checked those schools out. They are the only schools I have been to recently. During the summer, I should be taking some unofficial visits to different schools. I would definitely consider getting up North to check out some schools this summer.”

The college football world is a spread offense world and Jones can provide flexibility to the school of his choice by having the ability to play any of linebacker spots.

“I don’t really have a preference on which position I play,” he explained. “I just want to play and play at the best of my abilities. Wherever they put me and help the team is where I want to play.”

For Jones, the school he is looking for needs to be able to set his future up. Jones is very focused on making sure his future is taken care of whether it’s on the field or off the field.

“I want to go to a school with a good fan following and a great alumni base,” Jones said. “I want to know if people tune in to watch their games. Notre Dame has a great following. The coaching staff is important and I want to know how long they will be there. I want a prominent staff that can win games and teach me the game of football.”

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2015/05/06/jones-preparing-for-future/

Jones Preparing For Future

Author: Matt Freeman

May 6, 2015

2016 linebacker Jonathan Jones stars at Oak Ridge High School (Fla.) and is enjoying the start of spring ball.

“We just started spring ball, so we have been getting after it,” Jones told Irish Sports Daily. “I just came from practice not too long ago, but it wasn’t the greatest practice. It’s only the second day of pads and we will get it right.

“We will be fine for this coming season. We need to continue to work hard and stay in the weight room. We will need to push ourselves to the highest limit we can go.”

Jones has really started to blow up on the recruiting trail this spring with a very productive junior campaign. The three-star prospect currently holds offers from around 20 schools including Duke, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, South Carolina and West Virginia.

“Last year, I had 115 tackles, two forced fumbles, five deflections, one field goal block and 10 sacks. I was trying to get after it. It all comes back to God’s grace. He has blessed me.”

Notre Dame has taken notice of the 6-foot-1, 215-pounder and was in to see Jones this week.

“Coach Autry Denson came by this week to see me and he has been asking my coach about me. He wanted to know what type of person I was, height, weight and all that stuff. He finally came down and talked to my coaches. They said he really liked me.

“Notre Dame would most definitely be a school I would have interest in,” stated Jones. “It’s Notre Dame. The top thing for me is education and Notre Dame is at the top for education. A Notre Dame degree is a huge thing on a resume. They have a great following and a ton of history behind the program too.”

Jones understands the prestige of the Notre Dame degree, but he also wants to major in Business. With the number one Business school in the country, the Irish have something that Jones can find value in.

“Right now, I really want to major in Business,” he said. “Business is a broad subject, but I am not sure what area I want study yet.”

The Florida native has been out on a few local visits this spring, but this summer he plans to venture out of his region. Notre Dame and Michigan are possible destinations for an unofficial visit if he decides to come to the Midwest.

“This spring I have been up to Florida State and Florida,” said Jones. “Those are right by the house, so I have checked those schools out. They are the only schools I have been to recently. During the summer, I should be taking some unofficial visits to different schools. I would definitely consider getting up North to check out some schools this summer.”

The college football world is a spread offense world and Jones can provide flexibility to the school of his choice by having the ability to play any of linebacker spots.

“I don’t really have a preference on which position I play,” he explained. “I just want to play and play at the best of my abilities. Wherever they put me and help the team is where I want to play.”

For Jones, the school he is looking for needs to be able to set his future up. Jones is very focused on making sure his future is taken care of whether it’s on the field or off the field.

“I want to go to a school with a good fan following and a great alumni base,” Jones said. “I want to know if people tune in to watch their games. Notre Dame has a great following. The coaching staff is important and I want to know how long they will be there. I want a prominent staff that can win games and teach me the game of football.”
Good lord, dude is a specimen.

If we could get him...between him, and Shy, and Thomas we'd have the three most chiseled LBs I've ever seen at SU.

Jones doesn't seem to be too terribly interested in Syracuse at this point. Is this actually the case?

Doesn't sound like ND offered yet, but would vault to the top if they did. I know that was an ND article, but they seem to check all of the boxes for him.

bcubs9497 said:
Jones doesn't seem to be too terribly interested in Syracuse at this point. Is this actually the case?

FL kids can be weird. Commits out of nowhere without a visit, random decommits, etc.

That's all to say - I have no idea.

atee5OtW_normal.jpeg
Michigan Updates24/7 @michigannews13
@KingCaarlos will be on Michigan's campus 18th to the 22nd #GoBlue

5:54 PM - 17 Jun 2015

Free Article...

http://www.At their request, this n...three-florida-teammates-to-take-cuse-official

Three players from Oak Ridge High in Florida will take an official visit to Syracuse in November

Jonathan Jones, three-star cornerback Cycoby Burch and three-star athlete Tyrek Tisdale. All three hold offers from Syracuse and will officially visit the Orange the weekend of November 14th when they face Clemson inside the Carrier Dome.

Jones is a top 15 player at his position and has Michigan and Notre Dame among his top schools. He has already taken an official to Notre Dame. He is also looking at Duke and Stanford.

Burch was going to decide this summer, but decided to push that back in order to take his official visits. He says he will be taking officials to West Virginia and Florida Atlantic in December. He is also in the process of scheduling one with Indiana.

"I have good interest in 'Cuse," Burch said. "I'm looking for if I feel comfortable, do I fit with the team and is it a family, and do I trust the coaches? And a good education."

Tisdale is a former Florida commit who recently decommitted from the Gators. Oregon State and West Virginia, among others, are in the mix. Syracuse likes the three-star athlete as an offensive playmaker with his exact position to be decided at a later date. But he could play wide receiver, h-back or running back at the next level.

Tisdale told CuseNation.com that he is "very" interested in Syracuse and is looking to see their adacemics, check out his major and to get a first hand look at their player/coach relationships within the program during his official visit.

Stick with CuseNation.com for the latest in Syracuse football recruiting.

wow Jones is a big time recruit. like seeing these types of official visitors out of the blue. anything can happen.

Last edited:
Clemson game? Coincides with the 44 Plaza unveiling?! Not a bad move.

Can we all just finally look at the obvious here?

We missed out on "our" Jon Jones. Now we have a chance to get a new one.

If he comes to SU, I think I'm going to have to call him "Bones" out of sheer habit.

Man, this kid just looks like a stud. Hope he has a great time on the hill this weekend.

hot seat or not i'd be thrilled to get a these FL kids even if for only a month.

wow Jones is a big time recruit. like seeing these types of official visitors out of the blue. anything can happen.
I agree. Even if they end up elsewhere, I think there's an intangible benefit to having high profile recruits visit, particularly how it influences the perception of the other guys we're recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom