Class of 2018 - LB Juwan Mitchell (NJ / Milford Prep) Committed to Minnesota | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 LB Juwan Mitchell (NJ / Milford Prep) Committed to Minnesota

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard

6-0, 243-pound Inside Linebacker from Middletown, NJ.

No offers listed

Those dudes look fired up - love the enthusiasm :confused:
Yeah, they look like their mom told them to pick out their outfit for church when they were 7 and they came out with super hero underoos and their mom made them change in to the plaid pants and cardigans.

He visited with Eddie Lewis yesterday who did receive and offer.

Thanks. I forgot about them. They were scheduled to close last spring but were saved at the last minute.

I'd seen that their new coach is Dino Mangiero, formerly of Brooklyn Poly Prep. He's a Rutgers alum and is known for nudging his players to other programs (other than Syracuse).

If he signed an LOI and doesn't make it to Rutgers are they penalized for that under the new rules?

My understanding is if they sign and then don't make it the school loses the scholarship. I think that applies to JUCOs also.

Also by all accounts he signed an LOI. Not sure how he thinks his recruitment is open unless they release him.

Also by all accounts he signed an LOI. Not sure how he thinks his recruitment is open unless they release him.
If he didn't qualify academically then I think he is released.

If he didn't qualify academically then I think he is released.

August would be the official enrollment date, so I would think he'd be locked in until admissions denies him after spring grades.