Class of 2017 - LB Kadeem Trotter (OH) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 LB Kadeem Trotter (OH) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Found some junior year highlights. Surprised PItt didn't offer. (Just realized they were in the ps.com article but not on here)

Last edited:
It's a dead period until 7/10. Wouldn't expect a commitment before then but we'll see.
Dumb time of the year to have a dead period when kids are out of school and have the free time to vet schools out instead of during the school year when it can disrupt their studies.

It can still happen during the dead period. Trot can call to let the coaches know if he chooses to do that.

Dumb time of the year to have a dead period when kids are out of school and have the free time to vet schools out instead of during the school year when it can disrupt their studies.

I disagree. It gives the coaches some time to take a vacation and spend time with their families, and gives the kids a chance to enjoy the summer. There should be more dead periods on the schedule.

Free Article

"I will have Iowa State in my top-three, but they aren't shooting up to the top with Syracuse just yet," he admitted. "I need to talk to the coaches more, and we have been talking almost every day since I left."

"Syracuse would be first, then Iowa State and Boston College," Trotter said. "I'm still going to make my decision before my season, but this might make it happen a little later in the summer. I won't be making any more summer visits."

He probably saw another spot fill up today and wanted to get in before they were all gone.
assuming his order hasn't changed since Tuesday, gotta be us.

I wonder if our new LB commit spooked him into moving it up to lock in his slot?

assuming his order hasn't changed since Tuesday, gotta be us.

I wonder if our new LB commit spooked him into moving it up to lock in his slot?
Most likely told that if another OLB commits they won't have a spot for him. There has been some rumblings from the Fagan side as well.

If Fagan committed first I'm sure Trotter would be on the outside looking in. If its Trot first then I'm not sure they may still take Fagan if he wants to commit.

Most likely told that if another OLB commits they won't have a spot for him. There has been some rumblings from the Fagan side as well.

If Fagan committed first I'm sure Trotter would be on the outside looking in. If its Trot first then I'm not sure they may still take Fagan if he wants to commit.
They would take both no matter the order.

Looking at Fagan's offer sheet i wonder if they take him regardless?

They would take both no matter the order.
I have no inside info, but really? LB is our most stacked/loaded defensive position by far, and we would take 4 in this class?

I know most everyone was not recruited for Babers system, but when we lack serious talent at the other levels of the defense, I'd be surprised if we took 4 LBs, given the offensive numbers we HAVE to take this class

I could be wrong but in 2017 Franklin, Bennett, Thomas and Perry will be seniors. Henderson and Cullen will be sophmores. Walton and Armstrong will be in their second season. Ruff was moved to DE. So IMO I really think they want four linebackers this recruiting cycle.

We have a max of 8 returning linebackers on scholly for 2017. Two more commits would make sense,

Franklin, Bennett, Thomas will be gone after 2017, in addition to that, Taylor and Hodge are gone this year. We dont even know if Perry attends to graduate and leave after this year. So we will be losing 6 within the next year. We need to develop the next line of LB's now.

Kadeem, come on down! Our coaches want you and the loyal fans want you to join the Syracuse Football family!
Go Orange! You will love your experience as one of Dino's wrecking crew on Defense!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom