Class of 2016 - LB Kenneth Ruff (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Kenneth Ruff (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

jekelish

Living Legend
So I'm not sure how the heck this flew so far under the radar, but Stephen Bailey snuck into his article about Chris Beatty that Kenneth Ruff, a 6-1, 240 3-star LB from Fort Lauderdale, took an official visit to Syracuse yesterday. Go to the end of this article:

Beatty was his primary recruiter to UVA.

So I'm not sure how the heck this flew so far under the radar, but Stephen Bailey snuck into his article about Chris Beatty that Kenneth Ruff, a 6-1, 240 3-star LB from Fort Lauderdale, took an official visit to Syracuse yesterday. Go to the end of this article:

And he had a BGSU offer.

This kid is a bull. Guys hit him and they crumble. Could he end up a DE?

Offers from Clemson, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kentucky, South Carolina, NC State, North Carolina, Temple, USF, and a few more
oof

This kid is a bull. Guys hit him and they crumble. Could he end up a DE?

Please no, we need a star MLB to play the Tampa 2. This is the kid. *Crosses fingers tightly*

Don't want to jinx it, but don't you think it is a great sign that the kid quickly set up and made an OV, a day before his primary recruiter at UVA was to be announced here? Ah crap, I probably just jinxed it, but sure sounds good to me

Please no, we need a star MLB to play the Tampa 2. This is the kid. *Crosses fingers tightly*
I agree, but the kid may outgrow the position. Honestly, I don't care. Put him in the position where he can be most effective and let him loose.

I agree, but the kid may outgrow the position. Honestly, I don't care. Put him in the position where he can be most effective and let him loose.

yep, I always agree with the notion that if you find a great talent, bring him in and worry about his position later

Bartow on 247 predicted Cuse for Ruff on Wed night. Never noticed prior to reading this article.

January enrollee. He had already signed his UVA paperwork.

Can't he break that because of coaching change? I thought the player can back out but the school can't.

Can't he break that because of coaching change? I thought the player can back out but the school can't.
Only binding on the school...the student/athlete can change his mind at any time before he officially enrolls.

Last edited:
If a student athlete has submitted the paperwork it binds the school and not the student athlete.

The staff actually visited Ruff in home on Wednesday, per an article on 2 4 7. Sounds like he wasn't actually on campus yesterday, which I didn't think made sense. Maybe the signals were crossed and he just said he's taking an OV, perhaps even this weekend?

Skowt's UVA writer is saying in an article today (it's a free article, but obviously the links don't work here and she hasn't tweeted it from what I can tell so just head out and find it if need be) that she expects Ruff to flip to SU.