Class of 2016 - LB Kenneth Ruff (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Kenneth Ruff (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

45 is ruff?! Holy I thought that was a lineman! One beefy boy.

Looks like Harry Carson! Wouldnt be surprised if this training staff shaves 10# or so off Ruff working on speed and agility. He already has the BOOM! Backers need to run sideline to sideline these days. RUFF RUFF!!!

This kid is a godamn beast. Cant wait to watch him

Kenneth Ruff Jr ‏@45KR_Jr Protected Tweets 7m7 minutes ago

I will be starting at D-End this spring
1f624.png
1f4aa-1f3fe.png
1f525.png
1f34a.png

This doesn't surprise me at all. When he signed, I watched his film and thought he could be a kid who can slide down to DE. He came in at 258 lbs. Its an immediate need and gets him on the field this year. He moves very well for his size so he can be hard for tackle's to block. He could be very productive there. Next Dwight Freeney?

Last edited:
go check out post #90 and post #95. The first two mentions of Defensive End. ;)

Last edited:
Definitely a different type of backer than we have recruited over the last 8 years. He's big, strong, and certainly very physical. I have some concerns about his mobility at the LB position at the next level. He has pretty decent straight line speed, but his agility is going to need improvement. I could definitely see him as a DE at the next level. If not, he is probably a 2 down LB here. I'm not sure his speed is where it needs to be to take that skinny post out in the Tampa 2.
Right on with this one CIL

Beautiful
Usually when a recruit is listed 6-1 out of high school he's actually 5-11 / 6-0 at most. Unless the kid is a late bloomer and still growing - which based on Ruff's picture doesn't look like he is.

Hopefully he at least measured in at a legit 6-1.

Usually when a recruit is listed 6-1 out of high school he's actually 5-11 / 6-0 at most. Unless the kid is a late bloomer and still growing - which based on Ruff's picture doesn't look like he is.

Hopefully he at least measured in at a legit 6-1.
That picture with Matt Park...he looks every bit 6'1".