Class of 2019 - LB Nick Jackson (GA) Portal from Virginia to Iowa | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 LB Nick Jackson (GA) Portal from Virginia to Iowa

IIRC this young man had a good game against us ... until he wound up getting a targeting ejection (probably not deliberately). Seemed like he was all over the field.

With one scholarship presently open, I don't see him as a take. If he doesn't mind waiting until after spring ball, there will likely be more available.

With one scholarship presently open, I don't see him as a take. If he doesn't mind waiting until after spring ball, there will likely be more available.
Well, if there are likely to be more, why not take him? (Not snarky, just asking)

6'-1" and 235 lbs. He has put up good numbers the past 3 years.
In 2022 he had 104 tackles, 5 sacks and 4 PD's in 2022.

Nick Jackson Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
He is a three time all conference player who has had over 100 tackles 3 separate seasons.

Pretty extraordinary he is still available.

Well, if there are likely to be more, why not take him? (Not snarky, just asking)
Believe me, he sounds like a great addition, I'm just not sure that's the direction they go. I read somewhere on here that SU has 1 available scholarship at the moment. Even with some post spring ball attrition, I think the most they can take is 3. I'd gladly replace one of the three scholarship punters with him!

I guess the other way to look at it is that he's proven that he can play in the ACC at a high level and if he's interested in coming to SU, you take him. Then, after spring ball, if a couple scholarships open up, you can use those to fill in other needs.

Obviously not really a position of need right now. But if we got this kid, not sure we are even pursuing him he’s start right away with Wax, and Thompson with Rice being the 4th backer. I mean you’d have 3 starting linebackers where all of them would be future pros and have the potential to have 100 tackle seasons. That’s insane

He is a three time all conference player who has had over 100 tackles 3 separate seasons.

Pretty extraordinary he is still available.

It looks like he just entered the portal. He can't have contact with schools or exit the portal until it reopens in April, 4/15-4/30. He's probably putting his name in now to beat any players entering in April.

It looks like he just entered the portal. He can't have contact with schools or exit the portal until it reopens in April, 4/15-4/30. He's probably putting his name in now to beat any players entering in April.
With the Spring Game being in the middle of that time period, there's a good chance SU will know if anyone is going by then.

This kid is an SEC/Top 10-program type of transfer. Not saying we haven't gotten anyone like that, but I would expect the list to be long here. And a lot tougher to get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom