Class of 2017 - LB Olakunle Fatukasi (NY) Verbal to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 LB Olakunle Fatukasi (NY) Verbal to Rutgers

I like this kid, his name sounds like something dirty in Hawaiian.

His brother is Folorunso Fatukasi. Folorunso is a junior at UConn and is probably the best DL on their team. He attended Beach Channel HS in NY.

We did not offer him. Only UConn did. Way too many good players from NYS were missed in recent years...

This article would suggest that Mike Hart is recruiting New York.

Confused that scout lists him as the #1 LB in the state over McDuffie, who won the DPOY for NY State...

If you compare their tape it definitely makes no sense.

Confused that scout lists him as the #1 LB in the state over McDuffie, who won the DPOY for NY State...

If you compare their tape it definitely makes no sense.

it's dohner shocking i know

jesus, they seemed to have gotten a commit every day for the past week

This is a direct result of Flood taking over NYC for Rutgers while Shafer and staff went almost completely dormant with offers in the 5 boros. Rutgers now has deep roots with the city's top schools since they pretty much all have kids playing for them. We're going to have to start winning before we can get back in the mix with NYC's top kids.

This kid is the perfect example. We couldn't get any real traction with him but he's been a Rutgers fans for years since they keep offering his teammates.

Wanted this guy and was hopeful he would visit prior to deciding. Its unfortunate but the reality is that RU and Ash are beating us head to head for guys and RU will probably have a Top 30 class this year if it doesn't fall apart during the season. The way Ash is working NYC and NJ does not bode well for SU in the future if RU starts winning before Babers gets the train turned around.

I'm just shocked they are doing so well this cycle.

Wanted this guy and was hopeful he would visit prior to deciding. Its unfortunate but the reality is that RU and Ash are beating us head to head for guys and RU will probably have a Top 30 class this year if it doesn't fall apart during the season. The way Ash is working NYC and NJ does not bode well for SU in the future if RU starts winning before Babers gets the train turned around.

i'd imagine his natty ring is probably helping him out early

Why so glum, chum?

Per Bailey...Syracuse 2017 class is up to 51st in the nation per the 247 composite and 11th in the ACC. 9 3-star commits w/ LB Tyrell Richards unrated.
That's with just 10 commits and one of them unranked. We probably need to just wait and see how everyones class ends up in February 2017.

Last edited:

If RU starts winning before Bakers gets the train turned around I'll jump off the Rip Van Winkle bridge - in other words I'm not too worried about that.

If RU starts winning before Bakers gets the train turned around I'll jump off the Rip Van Winkle bridge - in other words I'm not too worried about that.

watch your tounge, we've got a few RU fans over here who might hold you to that :p

Fwiw, ash is known as an x's and o's guy. His recruiting was the aspect that was in question when he was hired.

It's a tough loss. His high school hasn't been very kind to Syracuse in recent years. As a NYS football player - I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

RU has been recruiting well. If the season doesn't pan out with wins, we'll have to see if they stick there. I'm willing to bet HCDB will sty on Fatukasi.

I give props to Ash for selling the kids on his vision but at the same time his recruits are all NJ/NYC kids. Most of the NJ kids are solid players but not elite but he is making the effort to fill his roster with tri state players. Not sure if he can compete in Big Ten east with this format. He has shows progress it can be bad for us. NYC kids are already thinking Rutgers. Which is fine. We can live with that but I want to make sure we still own Long Island. We need to grab players like Fredericks and Jordan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom