Class of 2015 - LB Troy Henderson JR (OH) Signed LOI | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Troy Henderson JR (OH) Signed LOI

He committed to 'save his spot'. Would expect him to still take a few officials and hit up Nebraska
He definitely didn't commit just to "save a spot". Didn't see that anywhere and he seemed genuinely excited. He's visited and clearly liked the program a lot.

Doyle Grimes committed to "save a spot" and hasn't visited yet. I feel safer about Troy than Doyle.

He definitely didn't commit just to "save a spot". Didn't see that anywhere and he seemed genuinely excited. He's visited and clearly liked the program a lot.

Doyle Grimes committed to "save a spot" and hasn't visited yet. I feel safer about Troy than Doyle.

Grimes is coming end of July. Same with Robinson.

If he performs as well as he did last season at Lakewood and puts on a bit more weight, it's going to be a war to hold onto him until signing day. I think we'll be alright but this is going to go to the wire IMO.

I hear ya.

It was tongue in cheek my bad.

NashvilleOrange said:
I wonder if schools like Baylor or Vanderbilt have this happen often too? I think part of the reason the recruits put it this way is for dramatic effect, using the actual name of the university last. Whatever the reason, I'm thrilled with the decision.

This does not happen to Baylor.

I'm just really excited about this kid. I feel he will work his butt off in keeping with the family legacy. This class just keeps getting better and better.

If he performs as well as he did last season at Lakewood and puts on a bit more weight, it's going to be a war to hold onto him until signing day. I think we'll be alright but this is going to go to the wire IMO.

No doubt. That goes for about 6-7 of our current commits IMO. In Feb, a good chunk of this board will either be in jump-off-a-bridge mode because our kids flip or still-on-the-fence mode because they won't know how many schools are courting are commits (ie. Custis and Zaire last year). This is a good class. Can't say enough about how hard the staff has busted their balls closing it out early.

I know after his commitment he said he won't take a visit to Nebraska, but you never know. Does Nebraska back off now? Will they still even need a LB by the time after he's ready to take an OV? I feel he really wants to be at Syracuse. He wanted to visit and commit months ago, but we had him hold off. He already has a pretty good relationship with Franklin, and some of the other LB's. I feel pretty good that we are able to hang onto him throughout without much of a problem. If he was really serious about Nebraska he would have held off, and visited there before committing.

I'm sure it may also depend on if he takes off this fall or the Huskers or even another big program start to see a squeeze in their LB situation and feel a sense of urgency to fill that position. As the staff said, they are going to have to continue recruiting the oral commits as if they were still recruiting them. There is a lot of talent in this 2015 class and the battle is just beginning.

No doubt. That goes for about 6-7 of our current commits IMO. In Feb, a good chunk of this board will either be in jump-off-a-bridge mode because our kids flip or still-on-the-fence mode because they won't know how many schools are courting are commits (ie. Custis and Zaire last year). This is a good class. Can't say enough about how hard the staff has busted their balls closing it out early.
What's good is that SU had this problem last year and seemed to be able to hold onto these guys trying to be poached late. Credit the staff entirely, though a new crop of kids can be entirely different from last year. Nice problem to have, right?

Hey, there will always be poachers out there if you have solid players who get even better their senior seasons. We had two flips the entire class last year. One(Cabinda) may have been a blessing for us if he doesn't start making better off the field choices. The other (Beau B) we hardly even had, he was a Wisconsin legacy who jumped at the chance of playing there when they offered. We already lost Davis this year, but I am sorry, that was as uncommitted of a committment as I have ever seen. We will be fine, and the kids we have onboard are going to bust out in a lot of cases this fall.

PS will have a story out shortly of Henderson's connection to Ernie Davis.

1. CrunchTime‏@Bubba_island Jul 17
  2. Visiting New York On The 28th
    1f34a.png
    #CuseNation

T-Hen‏@_Troy3 14m
@Bubba_island I might have to come up with you bruh

Troy tweeting with Gerald Robinson.

Got a great feeling about this kid, him, shy and blair are my favorites so far

By blood... You can't disqualify the importance to the kid - or his Grandpa (I believe). "Uncle Ernie" is clearly a big deal to the kid.

Even though it's not by blood, I totally agree his grandfather grew up across the street from Ernie and his family. It's important to his grandfather, anything that important to my grandfather I always took heed of, so it is important to Troy. I have an Aunt and Uncle that aren't by blood but they've been part of my life since I was born and I wouldn't trade the chance to call out their significance to me for technical correctness any day.