Leaked ACC memo on TV $ | Syracusefan.com

Leaked ACC memo on TV $

Not interesting. Embarrassing.

Spelling errors, unsubstantiated claims, ALL CAPS TEXT, shoddy graphics...looks like some interns put it together.

I hear you on that. I was doing my best to look past all that (it's as ugly and corporate as you'd imagine, right?)...

Not interesting. Embarrassing.

Spelling errors, unsubstantiated claims, ALL CAPS TEXT, shoddy graphics...looks like some interns put it together.
its probably a rough draft Mr Spell Check police, but what was unsubstantiated?? whats wrong with caps and i thought the graphics were ok.

i thought that was pretty neat.

surprised it didnt get more traction on here. theres some good info to talk about.

its probably a rough draft Mr Spell Check police, but what was unsubstantiated?? whats wrong with caps and i thought the graphics were ok.

surprised it didnt get more traction on here. theres some good info to talk about.
The biggest thing I took from it was the complete focus on the B1G. If this document is any indication, they consider it their biggest rival and are hell bent to show everyone they are better today and that the gap will only grow over time.

The biggest thing I took from it was the complete focus on the B1G. If this document is any indication, they consider it their biggest rival and are hell bent to show everyone they are better today and that the gap will only grow over time.
agree.

and it made the bevo look foolish and weak.

the ACC with the right coaches, could make an SECesque move on the new playoff system.

all caps works for a presentation on an overhead or powerpoint, but in a message forum there is certainly NO NEED TO YELL.

unless warranted...

You are kidding, aren't you? This sentence on p. 3 is a joke: "Clearly the ACC is a strong group of academic INSTITUTUIONS"

Talk about irony.

You are kidding, aren't you? This sentence on p. 3 is a joke: "Clearly the ACC is a strong group of academic INSTITUTUIONS"

Talk about irony.
no, serious.

i said i assume this is a rough draft and i am guilty of doing what i always do with these type of reports, i skip right to the nitty gritty.

i dont care about the prep fluff and the closing, give me the facts in the middle of why i am here to read this and i will draw my own conclusion.

so i didnt see the spell check miss.

its interesting as all hell.

Some great points in this document. I love the academic part…B1G seems to always be on their high horse, with UMD going so far as to state that their move was an upgrade.

As far as the document, it very much seems like an internal message platform/framework piece drafted to build talking points. As long as it wasn't released publicly by the ACC (it wasn't it was leaked), I think its fine….

Wonder why this was leaked? If there's any significance for the timing? Interesting read.

Wonder why this was leaked? If there's any significance for the timing? Interesting read.
Washington Post got it from a leak in the UMD offices somewhere. Obviously they will deny it, but it came from UMD no doubt.

Interesting - wonder how publicizing that helps Maryland or the Big 10? Or could it be someone upset at the move to the Big10? I wonder how up-to-date it is, I wouldn't think that Maryland would be privy to much in ACC headquarters anymore.

Cheriehoop said:
Interesting - wonder how publicizing that helps Maryland or the Big 10? Or could it be someone upset at the move to the Big10? I wonder how up-to-date it is, I wouldn't think that Maryland would be privy to much in ACC headquarters anymore.

I think it's the later. It paints a not so rosy picture for the B1G - I don't think it reflects poorly on the ACC at all (outside of the typos and caps thing).

With all that info it could be written in crayon and it still looks good. Paints a very good picture for ACC.

I think UMD entered it as evidence to try to prove that the ACC does not really feel as if it is hurt by UMD leaving the ACC, which is supposedly the reason behind charging such a large exit fee. I think that all you have to do is look at the map of the ACC and see that gap in the middle to understand how the ACC would feel damaged by the loss of UMD, but the lawyers will be paid to figure that one out.

Alsacs said:

They can take the exact same information and reach the opposite conclusion. The ACC is in a really strong position for the future and that won't change even if Connecticut gets invited to the B1G.

FSU has a red carpet to the playoff for the foreseeable future. Clemson will be a player. VT won't be down forever and assume with the Cincinnati AD hired there that they are 8 months away from hiring Tuberville. UNC is getting stronger as are we. Louisville has done more the last two years than Maryland has in the last 30 and Rutgers and UConn have in their entire history. The ACC is in a strong position.

I think that report is the kryptonite for WVU fans everywhere. ;)

Content wise, I think it covers all the bases and gives the reader a fairly accurate picture of where the ACC stands versus the other conferences included. The CAPS issue is probably more about expediency. As others have stated, this release was about the content, not the presentation.

For shits and giggles it would be nice to see a comparison of conferences in all sports - Sears Cup stuff (or whatever it's called now). ACC would do quite nicely there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom