Least fanfare for a recruit ever? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Least fanfare for a recruit ever?

Idk what everyone is talking about, I saw some posts about this kid this week, including a couple posts yesterday to inform us about the announcement he was making being on TV.

Glad to see he picked SU. Hope this kid grows some more, and is able to get his legs fresh. ACL makes me a little nervous, but makes me wonder what his ranking would be had it not happened. Dude missed his entire Junior season.

ACL's are not usually career-enders any more, especially when a guy is less than 21 years old. They are still very strong and fit and that makes recovery much easier. If you have 2 or 3 of them, that's another matter, but athletes usually recover from the first one pretty well.

Reminds me of CJ in his very composed style, similar ACL injury, seems like a nice kid and he talked about 4 years we can use that sort of commitment. Go CUSE

You beat me to it- the last guy coming in off an ACL was CJ, lets hope that's a good sign!

I've already given him an awesome nickname.

Frankie "Hollywood" Howard

I like it. Nice flash and flair to it.

Capture.JPG

Reminds me of CJ in his very composed style, similar ACL injury, seems like a nice kid and he talked about 4 years we can use that sort of commitment. Go CUSE

How many say they only plan on playing 1 year?

“He’s top five coaches of all-time. It’s a top five program all-time. They’ve got great guard development at Syracuse, so I think I’ll fit in very well there.”

Franklin on JB, SU etc.

:eek::eek::cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D SUballSUballSUballSUballSUballSUball

Last night Franklin Howard (6-6 4* guard, 2015) announced he is coming to Syracuse. Never would have known looking at this board.

Anyway, Welcome Franklin!

2015 seems like a long ways away. With Richardson we should have a great back court. Cooney will be a senior. It's hard to see that far into the future. I wonder if anyone on the 2014-2015 team will leave early for the NBA in 2015. It hurts my head to think about it!

This class is going to silence the concerns over our offense the last couple years.

MCW, Kris Joseph, Arinze Onuaku, Andy Rautins...just a number of names that come to mind that this board wasn't particularly thrilled about, for a variety of reasons. Andy was considered nepotism by some, and I remember reading the Providence board after MCW announced for us & they couldn't believe how nonchalant we were about getting maybe the best guard in the NE at that time.
It happens all the time & is really not that unusual.
Lets not forget that Hakim Warrick was a consolation signing. im not a heavy recruitnik but am surprised I had not heard his name until a couple weeks ago I saw someone predict he'd be the next to commit. Sounds like a great get. I hope he critiques himself honestly...6'7" with a game similar to Anfernee Hardaway? Yes please! SUball

I like it. Nice flash and flair to it.

View attachment 11081
I'm calling him "The Neck" because I don't understand how his works. In the full version of your picture, his neck looks like an S, and mine hurts as a result.

So Frankie The Neck. Baddabing.

Idk what everyone is talking about, I saw some posts about this kid this week, including a couple posts yesterday to inform us about the announcement he was making being on TV.

Glad to see he picked SU. Hope this kid grows some more, and is able to get his legs fresh. ACL makes me a little nervous, but makes me wonder what his ranking would be had it not happened. Dude missed his entire Junior season.

I was wondering why it took 23 posters for someone to remember there were at least 2 threads in this forum yesterday, plus at least pages 7 and 8 in the recruiting forum. I'm quite stoked to get the kid, but I am a bit perplexed when a number of folks talk about the length at the top of the zone in 2 seasons with Howard and Richardson... I realize to many Cooney is a rotting lump of meat, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. Silent G also may not be so silent by that time. And what of Caleb Joseph? Are we just assuming our PGs are one and dones after we had one in our entire history? Remember that NBA ROY MCW saw little playing time during his freshman year, and still lacked maturity in his Sports Illustrated cover year, which contributed to the finish against Michigan. If these guys are good enough to not get Boeheimed, I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed in the guys who are in front of them, as the latter would leave a bleak outlook for next year unless CM is the next CA and at least 2 other players make major jumps. Don't get me wrong, i expressed joy in 2 of the 3 threads the OP missed, but even considered starting my own thread addressing what I did here. Am I the only one thinking this way when people post about the length(and scoring) from these 2 in 2 seasons?

You beat me to it- the last guy coming in off an ACL was CJ, lets hope that's a good sign!

And before that Devendorf and Andy and Arinze.

The guy won't be on campus for two years and you are already coming up with nicknames? I think you need to "Relax" :)

I thought OIG said the legendary names came from relaxing at the pee trough, so maybe he was indeed relaxing when he came up with it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom