Leave It to Andrea Adelson to Completely Screw Up the Story | Syracusefan.com

Leave It to Andrea Adelson to Completely Screw Up the Story

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
The description for this story is 'Carrier Dome roof to receive repairs'. She apparently read the word 'fixed' regarding the roof and got confused. No editor caught it.

Some of the language in the story was later fixed.

It is a shame ESPN uses reporters with less than high school journalism skills.

Linkage

The Carrier Dome will receive a new $105 million fixed roof, along with $100 million in additional renovations, Syracuse announced Monday.

Over the past two years, Syracuse has explored ways to fix its home football and basketball stadium. While there had been some talk about building a new stadium, that would have cost significantly more than building a permanent roof.

The new roof fixes the current problems associated with its bubble, which has to be replaced every 20 years. Additional renovations will get the dome compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act and provide more amenities associated with modern stadiums.

The Board of Trustees also gave the university approval to seek private donations, governmental support and other resources to help raise funds to complete the project.

Terrible. Read the article below on the lax schedule. I caught, while casually browsing, 5 glaring typos, that while not factual inaccuracies, lead one to believe no one is doing any editing/fact checking.

We get two paragraphs, Dabo dresses up incognito with a mustache and gets good pub for an update on an existing project.

Sigh.

Can't wait, Dino. Can't wait.

What was a worse move for the conference, Andrea to the ACC or Rutgers to the Big 10?

526e5db01605fb0add0001e8.jpg
vs.
kuwait_tire_fire_00.0.jpg

Another reason to hate ESPN

Hating individual talent, is one thing but hating ESPN? That's like hating the need to breathe air to live. I don't get the hate.

They bring a ton of sports to the table and oh yeah...played a big role in building the Syracuse Basketball program in the 1980s with Big Monday. I freaking (heart) ESPN.

Hating individual talent, is one thing but hating ESPN? That's like hating the need to breathe air to live. I don't get the hate.

They bring a ton of sports to the table and oh yeah...played a big role in building the Syracuse Basketball program in the 1980s with Big Monday. I freaking (heart) ESPN.
Oh yeah, they're also paying the ACC hundreds of millions of $ to keep them within shouting distance of the B1G and $EC.

There is no doubt the network has deterioted. It isn't the same ESPN.

Sportscenter is unwatchable now. They have turned it into a circus. I miss seeing highlights of games without all the crap and unsolicited commentary from the anchors. I don't need all that BS.

I happened to peruse ESPN.com yesterday. In their twitter feed on the right side, they had a clip of a surfer doing a back flip. Cool, I'll click to watch that. Come to find out, he was No. 1 in ESPN's Top 10 highlights...all of which, except this one, were of guys with their cellphones recording them doing stupid tricks and idiotic poses. I get through it, and the next Top 10 starts. Sure enough, same nonsense. Now, I don't know if this Top 10 has replaced the one we're all familiar with, but to me it's just another sign of them falling down the hole.

I happened to peruse ESPN.com yesterday. In their twitter feed on the right side, they had a clip of a surfer doing a back flip. Cool, I'll click to watch that. Come to find out, he was No. 1 in ESPN's Top 10 highlights...all of which, except this one, were of guys with their cellphones recording them doing stupid tricks and idiotic poses. I get through it, and the next Top 10 starts. Sure enough, same nonsense. Now, I don't know if this Top 10 has replaced the one we're all familiar with, but to me it's just another sign of them falling down the hole.
I guess times just change, but half the show is the anchor, who is how some kind of star, hyping what is coming up, instead of actually saying anything. How about tell me the freaking American League scores and highlights then the National League scores and highlights then move on to the next sport. I don't need clever banter between jackass "hosts" then a commercial for the upcoming sportcenter, coming at you from the west coast with Neil Everett and Stan Verrett. I don't give a about John Buccigross or Kenny "can't dance" Mayne. Does anybody like this crap?

I guess times just change, but half the show is the anchor, who is how some kind of star, hyping what is coming up, instead of actually saying anything. How about tell me the freaking American League scores and highlights then the National League scores and highlights then move on to the next sport. I don't need clever banter between jackass "hosts" then a commercial for the upcoming sportcenter, coming at you from the west coast with Neil Everett and Stan Verrett. I don't give a . . . . about John Buccigross or Kenny "can't dance" Mayne. Does anybody like this crap?

I may get attacked as insensitive, but this all started with Stuart Scott. He is the reason I stopped watching Sportscenter. It became more about him and his catchphrases, and, of course, his opinions, than highlights. It went downhill from there. I understand that Chris Berman was the first to start using catchphrases, but he was more subtle and didn't interrupt the flow of the highlights.

I may get attacked as insensitive, but this all started with Stuart Scott. He is the reason I stopped watching Sportscenter. It became more about him and his catchphrases, and, of course, his opinions, than highlights. It went downhill from there. I understand that Chris Berman was the first to start using catchphrases, but he was more subtle and didn't interrupt the flow of the highlights.
I kind of agree. I liked Stuart Scott, probably because everyone else was still just doing their job. When everyone had to start doing it, that is when they lost me. But that definitely seems to be the jumping off point. Chris Berman just sounded like an idiot and didn't make it cool like Stuart Scott did. It seems that to be a sports anchor now, you have to be a failed stand up comedian and have an out of control ego, to think that your job is to interject all information with personal opinions and quips.

They bring a ton of sports to the table and oh yeah...played a big role in building the Syracuse Basketball program in the 1980s with Big Monday. I freaking (
wink.gif
) ESPN.
fixed

Cris Carter is gone, one less reason to hate ESPN. Worst. Broadcaster. Ever.

What? How would we know that crucial life advice about having a fall guy if not for Cris?