Lebron James - Head Coach, Cleveland Cavaliers | Syracusefan.com

Lebron James - Head Coach, Cleveland Cavaliers

First, I don't think he's on Cleveland next year. But, if he is, I don't know what any FA would look to go to CLE, at least one with any talent.
Love would end up putting up numbers on a bad team in that scenario, which is right in his wheelhouse.

First, I don't think he's on Cleveland next year. But, if he is, I don't know what any FA would look to go to CLE, at least one with any talent.

You think Lebron is leaving? or Lue?

I try to like the guy but it's pretty much impossible.

You think Lebron is leaving? or Lue?

I think if the Cavs dont make The Finals, he's gone. I think he has an end game in his head and he wants to get back with his buddies to take another crack at a title.

He's got his lifetime contract with Nike now and Klutch Sports is landing some big names. He's always wanted to be a global brand and he's got that now.

I think Toronto might nip the Cavs and if that happens, I think he's gone.

I think if the Cavs dont make The Finals, he's gone. I think he has an end game in his head and he wants to get back with his buddies to take another crack at a title.

He's got his lifetime contract with Nike now and Klutch Sports is landing some big names. He's always wanted to be a global brand and he's got that now.

I think Toronto might nip the Cavs and if that happens, I think he's gone.

Man I really can't see him leaving at this point, but I never saw him going back to Cleveland in the first place.

I also don't see anyone in the east beating them.

Man I really can't see him leaving at this point, but I never saw him going back to Cleveland in the first place.

I also don't see anyone in the east beating them.
I can. That team ain't right. Lebron checked out in the playoffs his first go around in Cleveland before heading to Miami. Wouldn't completely surprise me if it happens again. Then who salvages it? Lue's already been neutered. Love's not doing it. It would be asking a lot of Irving to pull it together among that mess.

A weary nation would turn its eyes to J.R. Smith.

Think about it.

I can. That team ain't right. Lebron checked out in the playoffs his first go around in Cleveland before heading to Miami. Wouldn't completely surprise me if it happens again. Then who salvages it? Lue's already been neutered. Love's not doing it. It would be asking a lot of Irving to pull it together among that mess.

Think about it.
I have been a fan since high school, can't imagine LeBron leaving again, but stranger things have happened. Just don't see it happening. All the drama, etc., -- most of which is often misleading and erroneous and is the byproduct of a social media world that didn't exist when LeBron turned pro 12 seasons ago -- means diddly in the long run.

It's all about the post-season, and I fully expect the Cavs, who have the 3rd-best record in the league, to be in the finals against Golden State or the Spurs and I wouldn't be surprised, but certainly thrilled, if the Cavs win it all.

LeBron, btw, is having another MVPish season (25 points, 7.5 rebounds, nearly 7 assists a game), and, certainly at this point of his career, knows the regular season is a necessary evil that you need to get through and stay healthy before you get to showtime -- the playoffs. He's shown for years the ability to lift and, if need be, carry a team, and he has a good, not perfect, cast of teammates. They can play D (the Irving and Love deficiencies aside) and, particularly when the move the ball, they're potent.

Think about it.

I may end up looking like an idiot when they lose, but there's just no way I can see anyone in the east beating them 4 out of 7.

The new golden boys, the Warriors, looking very human lately. Getting 73 wins or settling for a tie with the '95-'96 Bulls won't mean diddly if Golden State doesn't win the playoffs, and, as a Cavs fan, I'd rather see the Warriors than the Spurs in the finals. The playoffs are gonna be so, so good, greatest show on Earth. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...474.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=fb

They were 6-0 in OTs before last night. The 96 Bulls were 2-0 in OT that year.

This GSW is incredible, but going for 73 wins was always going to take its toll.

If they beat the Spurs tomorrow, they lock up HCA and then they'd have to make a decision whether to shut it down for the final three games to get guys some rest and just not care if they get to 73.

The Cavs are definitely not right. They could coast to the Finals or implode. Neither would surprise me.

I'm pretty sure half that team is sick of Lebron's ish.

The Cavs are definitely not right. They could coast to the Finals or implode. Neither would surprise me.

I'm pretty sure half that team is sick of Lebron's ish.
I'm pretty sure the entire team, coaching staff, front office, ushers, et al., are thrilled to have a player capable of not only getting this long-sorry franchise to the Finals again but have a decent shot at winning it all.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the entire team, coaching staff, front office, ushers, et al., are thrilled to have a player capable of not only getting this long-sorry franchise to the Finals again but have a decent shot at winning it all.

I think it's a double-edged sword.

It's great because you have wild success, win 55+ games, etc.

But at the same time, Bron runs that team. His guys are on the plane, in the locker room, running his agency, etc.

No one tells him to when needed.

Is what it is. Win a title, it's easier to swallow.

I think it's a double-edged sword.

It's great because you have wild success, win 55+ games, etc.

But at the same time, Bron runs that team. His guys are on the plane, in the locker room, running his agency, etc.

No one tells him to Have a nice day! when needed.

Is what it is. Win a title, it's easier to swallow.
The thing is, it gets worse the following years after a title, because now all of Lebron's shenanigans have been validated.

The thing is, it gets worse the following years after a title, because now all of Lebron's shenanigans have been validated.

Yeah, agreed.

And I'm not a LeBron hater. I just think he would have done much better on a team / org that had strong leadership, like Riley in Miami.

Is what it is. He's playing insanely well as of late.

Yeah, agreed.

And I'm not a LeBron hater. I just think he would have done much better on a team / org that had strong leadership, like Riley in Miami.

Is what it is. He's playing insanely well as of late.

You're right, he has been playing insanely well lately, and has done so for the vast majority of 13 seasons. He's probably one of the five top players ever, has been having another outstanding year, has been in the last five finals with two different teams (hardly a coincidence) and is possibly headed to a sixth straight with a team that showed, as it did again last night, that it has a tough time winning without him.

To me, he's a joy to watch, a great team player and makes players around him better. So he's not perfect, he sometimes does things like what the OP jumped on to start to this thread, but to focus on that incident and other "shenanigans" that often are ultra-magnified by social media, I feel, is misguided. He's a great life story whose greatness as an artist on the court is taken for granted.

As for strong leadership, there's only one Riley and LBJ's not going to San Antonio. I truly think time will prove Ty Lue is the right person for the job and has LeBron and other players' respect and can be tough cop when needed with LeBron. He was after LeBron was joking around with his buddy DWade at halftime of the Cavs game in Miami recently, had a sitdown, told LBJ it was a bad look, Lue says LeBron understood and agreed.

http://www.gq.com/story/lebron-james-is-underrated-and-overlooked

You're right, he has been playing insanely well lately, and has done so for the vast majority of 13 seasons. He's probably one of the five top players ever, has been having another outstanding year, has been in the last five finals with two different teams (hardly a coincidence) and is possibly headed to a sixth straight with a team that showed, as it did again last night, that it has a tough time winning without him.

To me, he's a joy to watch, a great team player and makes players around him better. So he's not perfect, he sometimes does things like what the OP jumped on to start to this thread, but to focus on that incident and other "shenanigans" that often are ultra-magnified by social media, I feel, is misguided. He's a great life story whose greatness as an artist on the court is taken for granted.

As for strong leadership, there's only one Riley and LBJ's not going to San Antonio. I truly think time will prove Ty Lue is the right person for the job and has LeBron and other players' respect and can be tough cop when needed with LeBron. He was after LeBron was joking around with his buddy DWade at halftime of the Cavs game in Miami recently, had a sitdown, told LBJ it was a bad look, Lue says LeBron understood and agreed.

http://www.gq.com/story/lebron-james-is-underrated-and-overlooked

LeBron is, at worst, a top ten player all time. Arguably top five.

No argument there.

But if LeBron isn't playing the four with shooters around him and a rim protector, he's not doing it right.

That's where he needs to be, but no one can put him there.

The Cavs just don't have the right owner to put the right people in place to make the right moves in lieu of LBJ's wishes.

Also, I wouldn't totally disregard Bron at least picking up a call from SAS. Spurs are going to make a run at KD. No reason they wouldn't at least take Bron's temperature.

CLE just isn't built for his talents, in terms of being good enough to win a title, imo.