Lebron James is a coward | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Lebron James is a coward

The celtics just got punked on their home court. How many times does lbj have to embarrass Paul pierce on national television? I felt bad for Paul

LBJ was amazing last night. No doubt about it, just an incredible performence. However, Lebron is not out of the woods yet. He still has a Game 7 and a possible Finals matchup with Kevin Durant and the Thunder. If he fails anywhere from here on out and doesnt win a Championship people will just look at Game 6 as a blip on the radar. They will point out how bad Boston played and the fact that Lebron is a frontrunner, when things are going well and Miami is up double figures all game he is the best ever. Boston missed about 20 open shots, committed a ton of stupid turnovers and never got the game close to test Lebron in a tight game. Im not disparaging Lebron, his performence last night was awesome, but he still has big hurdles to overcome. That game didnt do anything to silence his critics.

LBJ was amazing last night. No doubt about it, just an incredible performence. However, Lebron is not out of the woods yet. He still has a Game 7 and a possible Finals matchup with Kevin Durant and the Thunder. If he fails anywhere from here on out and doesnt win a Championship people will just look at Game 6 as a blip on the radar. They will point out how bad Boston played and the fact that Lebron is a frontrunner, when things are going well and Miami is up double figures all game he is the best ever. Boston missed about 20 open shots, committed a ton of stupid turnovers and never got the game close to test Lebron in a tight game. Im not disparaging Lebron, his performence last night was awesome, but he still has big hurdles to overcome. That game didnt do anything to silence his critics.

Thanks Skip! :rolling:

Sometimes its fun to just enjoy what you've witnessed. Do we really need to say, "Hey, he didnt win anything yet!!!!" I just like watching great basketball players play basketball.

Sometimes its fun to just enjoy what you've witnessed. Do we really need to say, "Hey, he didnt win anything yet!!!!" I just like watching great basketball players play basketball.
So do I, but hes not just another player. Hes been dubbed the best ever or at least the best since Jordan and he guaranteed multiple championships.

I will say the best part of his game last night was his facial expression...Stone cold.

Right, he has to win a title to silence his critics. I think at this point everyone knows that. But he has had 2 legendary, all time, performances in these playoffs. I saw on ESPN this is the second 45-15-5 playoff game in NBA history. I mean, jesus, he had a 45-15-5 and it may not even have been his best performance of the playoffs. He's averaging 31-10-5 on 51% shooting in these playoffs. (Man, in 2009 he averaged 35-9-7 on 51% shooting). But like I said, I think everyone knows the deal here.

I think at this point, if they win (I'd still pick OKC to win, but if Bosh is healthy I think it is close to a coin flip) we may be able to do away with the "Wade is the lead dog" or whatever thing. Lebron has absolutely carried Miami in these playoffs.

The "the game didn't tighten up" thing is kind of funny to me; basically it's Lebron's fault he played so well that Boston didn't have a chance to make the game close. Maybe he isn't the best shooter in the last 30 seconds of the game, I don't know, but this is an example of what I've said before; it's not only about the last minute or 2. If you are aweasome in the first 45 minutes then sometimes the other team just doesn't have a chance.

Also, I think I said this before, last nights game was interesting because he was taking and making a ton of tough shots. There were some drives, but not many, and not much in the open court. It was a very second threepeat Jordan or later career Kobe offensive game.

"If he doesn't replicate this performance again in Game 7, Game 6 meant nothing" -Skip Bayless

Lebron James has put everyone on tilt.

"If he doesn't replicate this performance again in Game 7, Game 6 meant nothing" -Skip Bayless

Typical Skip Bayless talking out of his ass comment. So if the Heat win game seven by one point and advance and LBJ has 15 and 7 is that bad? There is no way that LBJ is going to have 45/15 every game down the stretch.

Typical Skip Bayless talking out of his ass comment. So if the Heat win game seven by one point and advance and LBJ has 15 and 7 is that bad? There is no way that LBJ is going to have 45/15 every game down the stretch.

I love how the "Skip Bayless is an idiot" idea is known by pretty much all sports fans.

A performance for the ages, and people are still pulling the "good thing it wasn't close" card.

Right. B/c his performance has nothing to do with the score being so lopsided.

Until he hits the half-court hook shot at the buzzer, everything is severely diluted apparently.

A performance for the ages, and people are still pulling the "good thing it wasn't close" card.

Until he hits the half-court hook shot at the buzzer, everything is severely diluted apparently.

It wasnt THAT great..I mean...Wilt Chamberlin did better once...

Paul Pierce has bad game after bad game...no one says a word. Paul Pierce hits one shot...and he's "a closer"...lmao

It's unreal. Some people just see what they want to see.

44cuse

I won't be satisfied unless he hits a half-court hook shot at the buzzer down 2 in Game 7 of the Finals and then dumps a bucket of confetti on David Stern's head, blows smoke rings out his a$$ and recites Shakespeare in the post game presser.

It wasnt THAT great..I mean...Wilt Chamberlin did better once...

Paul Pierce has bad game after bad game...no one says a word. Paul Pierce hits one shot...and he's "a closer"...lmao

Paul Pierce didn't go on national television.
Paul Pierce didn't declare himself the chosen one.
The NBA is fixed.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah freaking blah.

44cuse

You know you are good when the books you are reading in the lockerroom have a 300% sales spike the next day.

Lebron is like the new Oprah's book club.

I read that during game 3 or 4 pregame Lebron was working on the second Hunger games book, and by game 5 it was the third one. So if they lose, that's why. Was spendign too much time reading

Eh, Skip has you on tilt, doggie.

You are doing exactly what he wants you to do.

I thought Bosh made a big difference last night too. I know statistically he didn't have a big game, but his presence completely changed the manner in which the Celts utilized Garnett.

Right, he has to win a title to silence his critics. I think at this point everyone knows that. But he has had 2 legendary, all time, performances in these playoffs. I saw on ESPN this is the second 45-15-5 playoff game in NBA history. I mean, jesus, he had a 45-15-5 and it may not even have been his best performance of the playoffs. He's averaging 31-10-5 on 51% shooting in these playoffs. (Man, in 2009 he averaged 35-9-7 on 51% shooting). But like I said, I think everyone knows the deal here.

I think at this point, if they win (I'd still pick OKC to win, but if Bosh is healthy I think it is close to a coin flip) we may be able to do away with the "Wade is the lead dog" or whatever thing. Lebron has absolutely carried Miami in these playoffs.

The "the game didn't tighten up" thing is kind of funny to me; basically it's Lebron's fault he played so well that Boston didn't have a chance to make the game close. Maybe he isn't the best shooter in the last 30 seconds of the game, I don't know, but this is an example of what I've said before; it's not only about the last minute or 2. If you are aweasome in the first 45 minutes then sometimes the other team just doesn't have a chance.

Also, I think I said this before, last nights game was interesting because he was taking and making a ton of tough shots. There were some drives, but not many, and not much in the open court. It was a very second threepeat Jordan or later career Kobe offensive game.

Here is one of the best articles I have seen on the topic yet. Best because it is complete. I still love the "LeBron isn't clutch" crowd or can't do anything in the last four minutes of a game. ESPN has truly done some amazing things in terms of access to sports, but they have also ruined a lot.

Point Forward

44cuse

Same thing happened with Armando Benitez, on a much smaller level, of course. Any game Armando Benitez blew the save in was automatically a big game, and any game he saved was not that big. I remember reading people saying games in April and May he blew were big because it set the tone for the season or some nonsense. Of course, if he saved the game, then it would just be an example of him piling up meaningless saves.

While fat, middle aged white men type on the internet about every minute of Lebron James' life.. he is putting together one of the finest careers of any athlete of all time. It's just a shame people can't enjoy greatness.

While fat, middle aged white men type on the internet about every minute of Lebron James' life.. he is putting together one of the finest careers of any athlete of all time. It's just a shame people can't enjoy greatness.

Says a lot about people. You can bank that one.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom