Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Kevin Durant a distant second

Tony Parker even though he's injured now

Then Chris Paul

& Carmelo & Kobe

You could lump in the last four for third

Signed Kurt Rambis on ESPN

Lebron could be the MVP every year so that might factor in. Miami might still have the best record without him if Wade and Bosh are healthy. OKC without Durrant would have trouble scoring he makes it easy on everyone else. The Knicks without Melo are lost.

I have watched every Knicks game this season - and Melo is at worst #3. Parker hasn't played even average ball in 2 months. Durant is a freak, but has fallen off the past month.

I think LeBron gets it. But in my opinion - Carmelo has put in his best season this year. The last bunch of games, he's been unreal.

LeBron will win it. We're at the point where he probably deserves it every year, but the media will get bored and construct a narrative for Durant or somebody else to take it one year. Similar to what happened to Jordan in the 90s w/ Barkley and Malone.

If Melo plays the last 5 games w/ the Knicks, he will have missed 13 games, that puts a dent in his candidacy. Dealt w/ the bum knee for a while and that hurt his numbers. He's been lights out lately though, a real treat to watch.

I'd toss Westbrook in the top 5, I think he's under-appreciated.

BHgmJpOCMAEuooF.png

Look At How Green Carmelo Anthony's Shot Chart Is

Melo imposes his will on Knicks, NBA

Tyson Chandler and Kenyon Martin out for Knicks against Chicago Bulls

Lebron is the best player in the game by a wide margin. But the most valuable player to his team this season has been Kobe Bryant . Everyone else mentioned has been terrific, but Kobe has been unbelievable this year. The Lakers might still miss the playoffs, but they would be long out of it if Kobe was just 1% less than he has been.

and it pains me to say this, because I don't like the Lakers or Kobe.

Its a good point about Kobe that team would blow without him but they still may not make the playoffs with him. Did they beat the Jazz last night?

I think Westbrook is a great player and elite athlete but he benefits greatly from KD and doesn't defer to him enough IMO.

Kobe went all 48 minutes last night, scored 47 points. Pretty amazing. He's not doing much on D but he's trying to drag them to the finish line.

Lebron is pretty obviously the best player in the league, and the easy choice for MVP. Melo has probably had the best year of his career. The stretch he's on is insane.

Miami might still have the best record without him if Wade and Bosh are healthy

In the East, or overall? No way they would have the best record in the league without him. Probably not in the east either. They'd still be a good team, but more of a 48-52 win team. If that. Lebron makes everythign work for them.

In the East, or overall? No way they would have the best record in the league without him. Probably not in the east either. They'd still be a good team, but more of a 48-52 win team. If that. Lebron makes everythign work for them.

I meant in the east and I know it would be close plus they would have had to stay healthy but they are stacked.

I meant in the east and I know it would be close plus they would have had to stay healthy but they are stacked.

It's definitely possible. (Assuming of course Lebron isn't on another East team...)

Wade is incredible, and Bosh is really good, but I'm not sure Wade is able to carry the load as the #1 option for a full season at this point. And the rest of the guys on the team are all role players. They're really good at their role (most of them the main thing is making open 3's) but those open 3's are going to dry up a lot without Lebron on the court. I'd see them a little below my Knicks.

LeBron is indeed the clear-cut MVP, and this is coming from a die-hard Knicks fan.

I'm fine with LeBron winning - I'd vote for him.

However, I'm okay with anyone having Moqui's point of view at this point. If it's best player, I go with LeBron by a mile, or two, or maybe 75.

That team is juggernaut, and life is a bit easier when you have those weapons surrounding you. You take some of these guys off other teams you're not as well off imo.

they need to create a new award for Lebron this year. what hes doing is insane.

its not fair to the other MVP candidates.

id put Melo 2 and durant 3.

but lets be clear, Lebron will win this thing unanimously.

I'm fine with LeBron winning - I'd vote for him.

However, I'm okay with anyone having Moqui's point of view at this point. If it's best player, I go with LeBron by a mile, or two, or maybe 75.

That team is juggernaut, and life is a bit easier when you have those weapons surrounding you. You take some of these guys off other teams you're not as well off imo.

I think that's true to an extent, but Lebron also makes everyone else around him that much better. Other than Wade and Bosh (two all stars granted) the rest of the team is role players thriving because they play with the best player on the planet. And even the same can be said, to an extent, for Wade and Bosh. Take Lebron out of the mix and the open threes aren't there in the same amounts.

Kobe went all 48 minutes last night, scored 47 points. Pretty amazing. He's not doing much on D but he's trying to drag them to the finish line.

Lebron is pretty obviously the best player in the league, and the easy choice for MVP. Melo has probably had the best year of his career. The stretch he's on is insane.

In NY that would get you labeled a ball hog and selfish.

I think that's true to an extent, but Lebron also makes everyone else around him that much better. Other than Wade and Bosh (two all stars granted) the rest of the team is role players thriving because they play with the best player on the planet. And even the same can be said, to an extent, for Wade and Bosh. Take Lebron out of the mix and the open threes aren't there in the same amounts.

Eh, you take LeBron off that team you have a bunch of role players thriving because they play with two of the 15 best players on the planet.

I don't know - I don't want to take anything away from LeBron, if you put him on the worst team in the league, he wins MVP, because he's the best (and most irreplaceable player), but on the Heat - not as much - so I can see the arguments on the other side. I'd be fine w/ anyone voting for Kobe, Melo based on that reasoning.

Kobe is putting up some pretty sick numbers w/ a train wreck of a team.

Which I know is pretty much what you're saying as well.