Les Miles thread... | Syracusefan.com

Les Miles thread...

and he'd love running the ball in the dome. Millhouse would explode.

He would be a lifer here.

He would need to be a lifer to make the money over 20 years that he could make in five and many, many other places.

People...you realize this is the coach for the FOOTBALL team, not the basketball team, right?

He would need to be a lifer to make the money over 20 years that he could make in five and many, many other places.

People...you realize this is the coach for the FOOTBALL team, not the basketball team, right?

It was sarcasm based on some people wanting to keep the current staff.

Yep very little chance if any of him coming here. But he's a great coach, and that's what I want. We can dream

LSU has never in their history been this good for this long. Either this writer is crazy, or LSU is

LSU fans are. They are always upset with him. They think he's too conservative.
they think he doesnt live and die enough with football, and resent he has a balanced approach to life with football just a part of it. I'm convinced that his unique approach is unique only in the south in so far as he doesn't treat football like life and death the way all too many do in the south. God bless him. Love to have him.

And here we are still debating whether Shafer is gone or not while he's sitting on a possible second straight 3-9 season, 7 losses in a row and a defense that is struggling to say it politely.

LSU fans I think have just tired on him, they always bitch about him, they may very well replace him and will most likely regret it. I could see Dan Mullen there though, which would be a good fit.

Les I strange runs a very conservative offense but is a gambler at times, he's tough to pin down

Last edited:
If he is on the market he can get any college job he wants and he will be offered some NFL jobs as well.

I would suspect USC, South Carolina and maybe Virginia Tech even would be knocking down his door.

If he is on the market he can get any college job he wants and he will be offered some NFL jobs as well.

I would suspect USC, South Carolina and maybe Virginia Tech even would be knocking down his door.

without a doubt and the feeling could be mutual as Miles may say enough is enough. I Like Miles very respectful when he came up here understanding tradition and history. I like the guy, he's a bit whacky but hey who isn't

It's ironic he will lose his job the year that the Michigan job seems locked up. I recall that being his dream gig.

He's not coming to Syracuse unless it's a package job with ORGERON (i kid i kid)

Now here's the thing, if your goal is a national championship, what's the easier path, ACC or SEC, in the new age of 4 team playoffs?

In the ACC at a certain level it's a two or three game season.

In the SEC every game is a war.

Another one is Mark Richt at Georgia. He's won, but not enough. He's thought to be on our list because he interviewed with us before he took that job (might have been just stringing us along, though). One writer recently said about the situation, "You win 9 games a year at Virginia, you get a statue. You win 9 games a year at Georgia, you get fired."

Another one is Mark Richt at Georgia. He's won, but not enough. He's thought to be on our list because he interviewed with us before he took that job (might have been just stringing us along, though). One writer recently said about the situation, "You win 9 games a year at Virginia, you get a statue. You win 9 games a year at Georgia, you get fired."
Yep. I imagine we would take him in a heart beat as well. There will def be candidates out there for everyone. People moving up and down

Bottomline, if a Miles, Richt, or Mullen are available you have to call. And find some big fish that want to help out put a name in the seat.

les miles is obviously a very good coach but he's not a fit here. coaches that are a perfect fit here aren't a perfect fit at lsu

miles belongs at a factory. his offense can get by with great talent and he can give up some offense to have a great defense.

here, he's not going to have a great defense every year and he's not going to have enough offense to get by

would never happen.

what would JB think about his salary and not being the big dog!!!!

Another one is Mark Richt at Georgia. He's won, but not enough. He's thought to be on our list because he interviewed with us before he took that job (might have been just stringing us along, though). One writer recently said about the situation, "You win 9 games a year at Virginia, you get a statue. You win 9 games a year at Georgia [or Nebraska], you get fired."

les miles is obviously a very good coach but he's not a fit here. coaches that are a perfect fit here aren't a perfect fit at lsu

miles belongs at a factory. his offense can get by with great talent and he can give up some offense to have a great defense.

here, he's not going to have a great defense every year and he's not going to have enough offense to get by
If we make a change, who would you suggest? I hear Baylor being mentioned frequently (but Briles may not be available). What about Cutliffe?

If we make a change, who would you suggest? I hear Baylor being mentioned frequently (but Briles may not be available). What about Cutliffe?
whoever i pick will either be impossible to get or not experienced enough. been through this too often unfortunately. i like the lists that everyone else have come up with. everyone wants someone from the briles tree, not briles himself, come on.

cutcliffe is ancient and good but not great. and also not likely to move.

babers, montgomery, campbell, frost, some other guy. offense, spread, doesn't have to be a head coach, doesn't have to be northeast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom